Doesn't the post-season drive you nuts?

Dcronin

Over a decade of bad drafts from top to bottom, the last first round picks the Jets signed to a second contract was Mo and Mark, both bad ideas, neither one completed that second contract...  horrible drafting and horrible player development 

Mangold is the only first round pick in 15 years to sign and play out a second contract,  sad but true

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Dcronin said:

Yes, that's it. And don't you see guys all over who we passed on, or just missed based on our position? Who comes to mind for you?

Chris Godwin, Mecole Hardman.

Dalvin Cook, Conklin, AJ Brown, Deebo Samuel....the worst one imo was Elgton Jenkins from the Packers. Jets needed OLine help in the worst way and this guy would have been a great building block.

• Sympathy 2

Just now, nyjunc said:

Do people watch the Jets? Did you see how many injuries we had? This roster healthy was a playoff caliber roster.  Even with all the injuriee and Sam missing 3 games while playing week 1 with mono we won 7 games.

Yes because 31 other teams didn’t have injuries and a bunch of back up qbs didn’t win games this year

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

We have plenty of holes on our roster, but I disagree with the overall outlook. 

There is a fine line between going 6-10 and 10-6. The league is year to year. We can be right where we want to be next season if we have a good draft and Free Agency period. 

(e.g. The Packers were 6-9-1 last year)

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Do people watch the Jets? Did you see how many injuries we had? This roster healthy was a playoff caliber roster.  Even with all the injuriee and Sam missing 3 games while playing week 1 with mono we won 7 games.

The Jets lost to the Bengals.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

No, Gase is getting exposed as a clown 

The Jets would have been 11-5 and won the AFC East on tiebrakers with the Patriots this year if not for the injuries.

The 'clowns' are the blind #nevergasers.  It's cool.  Next year when we get hats and t-shirts, you get a crying towel.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Yes, but this is the "look at me and my hot take" social media age, and those who staked their pathetic online reputations on a prediction that Adam Gase would be a terrible head coach were dead wrong.  So it makes them furious.  And combine that with the fact that they are typical sad-sack victim SOJF's, well, you've got the worst case of sports insecurity and denial in New York history.

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dcronin said:

As a fan of the Jets, I mean. With our current roster.

It's just maddening to me, the disparity between the teams still alive and what we have.

We have such a lack of talent at every position, it's almost like we're not a pro team. Injuries have contributed greatly to this, and Darnold is hard to judge with no time to throw, but every single place I look, I see bigger, faster, stronger. We are boys among men!

Hopefully Joe Douglas sees this too.

SemiTough-BoxArt.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Injuries meant almost nothing to this team.  We either lost terrible players or we lost good players who were replaced with almost no difference.  (ILBs)

The injury excuse is laughable.

We played a weak as sched and had one team rest its players last game. 

We lost week 1 because Sam was playing with mono and we lost CJ Mosely during that game.  We then played 3 games with a practice squad QB, we had 11 different OL start, our TE played one game.  That's just a few of the injuries, to say injuries meant nothing is ludicrous.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Yes because 31 other teams didn’t have injuries and a bunch of back up qbs didn’t win games this year

You thought Gase would suck.

You cheered the airplane on.

You thought after 1-7 the team would quit on Gase and he'd get fired.

You have never been more wrong in your entire life.

So you double-down on your ridiculous "hot take" from April.

And we laugh at you.

SAR I

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

There is a fine line between going 6-10 and 10-6. The league is year to year. We can be right where we want to be next season if we have a good draft and Free Agency period. 

Packers 6-9-1

49ers 4-12

7-9 GASE SUCKS!  NOTHING TO BUILD ON!  CAN'T WIN NEXT SEASON!

SAR I

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets lost to the Bengals.

So we should have beaten the Bengals.  And nothing else that happened in the second half of the season mattered, right?

I swear, it's like some of you wish we would have beaten the Bengals and lost to the Raiders, Cowboys, and Steelers.  Like that would have made you feel better about Adam Gase?

It's just insane the sh-t you #nevergasers shovel and think anyone is going to buy into.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Injuries meant almost nothing to this team.  We either lost terrible players or we lost good players who were replaced with almost no difference.  (ILBs)

The injury excuse is laughable.

We played a weak as sched and had one team rest its players last game. 

ravens.jpg

The Ravens schedule was easier than ours.  And they had no injuries to speak of.  So Harbaugh is a sh-t coach, right?

SAR I

6 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Packers 6-9-1

49ers 4-12

7-9 GASE SUCKS!  NOTHING TO BUILD ON!  CAN'T WIN NEXT SEASON!

SAR I

Build on what? The roster is still abysmal. The one positive from 2019 was the Jets seem to have a young core of good interior defensive linemen. Darnold is still a total unknown. The offense was still terrible. Going on 10 years of no playoff football. Yipee.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Build on what? The roster is still abysmal. The one positive from 2019 was the Jets seem to have a young core of good interior defensive linemen. Darnold is still a total unknown. The offense was still terrible. Going on 10 years of no playoff football. Yipee.

This season's injury plague allowed us to validate some nice players on D, Lewis and Brown are decent on O, Griffin looks to be a stud and along with Herndon should be quite dynamic at TE.  Darnold looked great under huge personnel limitations, he really took steps this year.

Most importantly is Gase.  The players believe in him, period.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Over a decade of bad drafts from top to bottom, the last first round picks the Jets signed to a second contract was Mo and Mark, both bad ideas, neither one completed that second contract...  horrible drafting and horrible player development 

Mangold is the only first round pick in 15 years to sign and play out a second contract,  sad but true

Dbrickashaw?

The Niners held the 2nd overall pick in the draft.
You’re exactly right. It’s year to year. Even all of the stress about next year’s schedule is premature. (It is looking ugly though lol)

2019 was an unbelievably crazy year with injuries. We had someone go to IR almost every week the final 8 games. Some weeks 2.
That’s insane.

There was not one game after the first 1/4 of the season that any team we played had more starters out than us. And we didn’t only have starters out. We had their replacements out and in some cases even THEIR replacements out.

I highly doubt we were winning the Super Bowl this year but we certainly didn’t see what this full roster could have done.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

sixandtwonyr.jpg

Build on what?  My favorite numbers, of course.

SAR I