New York Mick

Potential Picks From The Draft Simulator

if those are the choices then maybe trading back in order.  not many oline guys and it looks like the ones that are there aren't even ranked high enough to be the 11th pick.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If these are the choices then who will want to trade UP?

yep.  that's the big question.  as much as people want to diss mac for standing pat with the first round draft choices it takes two to tango.  if there aren't any teams to trade with then it doesn't get done.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

True, but I'll still be critical of Macc for not trading back last year (or any other year, for that matter).  There reportedly WAS at least one team looking to move up to 3.  Even if we had to accept 50-75 cents on the dollar for # 3, we should have pulled the trigger.  We gave up three 2nds to get # 3 in 2018 but we couldn't recoup any of those 2nd rounders in a trade-down in 2019?  Please.

More often than not, there's ALWAYS a team looking to move up for the right price.  These are NFL GM's we're talking about.  Most of them are either experts on market economics or have people in their ear that are.  And the draft is the ultimate commodity marketplace where everyone is on a level playing field; every pick has a tangible value that someone is willing to pay other picks for.  Thus, ANY pick can get traded at any time.  

i'm certainly not trying to resurrect mac and his stupid drafts.  i'm just saying is sometimes there just isn't a deal to be made and if the available players aren't worth the higher draft position then there is no point.  i do agree that mac most likely had offers for one or more first round picks he made but he didn't take them.  and mac did seem to easily make later round trades.

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company