New York Mick

Potential Picks From The Draft Simulator

Obviously this is going to change a lot between now and the draft but it’s interesting to see who will be available for the Jets pick at 11. 
After running a bunch of mocks these are the top players available at 11. 

From that list who would you take?

25B12551-FD0C-41DC-86D4-537F1F5DE995.png

If they take Delpit or Epenesa I’ll lose my sh*t. 
I could deal with Okudah they could use a CB and he has a ton of potential. 
I wouldn’t be thrilled with drafting a RB that high but at least it’s offense. 
Ruggs or Higgins would be the smartest pick IMO considering the remaining OL. 

E92C4205-EF83-4013-AD70-4AA5D21B7DEE.jpeg

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

That’s about as bad as it could possibly fall for us

Unfortunately it’s working out like that a lot. 

1 minute ago, Ohhthepain said:

Creed Humphrey is going back to OU next year 

They haven’t updated the site yet. I seen another player in there that is going back to school as well. 

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

After Lamb and Jeudy I’m a little torn between Higgins and Ruggs. Think I actually prefer Ruggs. 

I’m not sure on that one either. I didn’t watch that much college football this year as I normally do so I missed a lot of players. I’d be happy with any of the top WRs in the first two rounds. As long as it’s not a DL or S. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Ruggs is the fastest guy of the bunch. I think speed a WR is the most needed thing on this team. 

Robby has speed. I like Higgins catch radius so I was favoring him. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, More Cowbell said:

Anderson won't  be signed. You think he's  worth the money he wants?

After looking at what WRs are available in FA and what they’ve been signing for I wouldn’t care if Anderson signed for around $12 a year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If Anderson could run a slant or drag and do something  besides running oit of bounds, i would agree.

He’s running where the QBs throw the ball lol

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

Creed Humphrey is going back to OU... but otherwise ok.

Yes that’s been established the site hadn’t updated their list yet. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SR24 said:

Epenesa,Okudah,Higgins,Ruggs any of the 4 would be good picks and I wouldn't consider anyone else up there. I also wouldn't trade back either. 

Epenesa 11.5 sacks and demolished Austin Jackson for 2.5 sacks, 4 tackles and a FF- Fills a massive need

Okudah- Best CB in the league and most mocks I've seen have him going #3. Fills a massive need

Higgins- My personal favorite if we go WR and it's for the simple fact that he's big, fast and gives Sam a nice big target to throw to on the outside

Ruggs- 6'0 but a flat out speed demon, solid route runner. Similar skill set to Tyreek Hill. 

While I prefer an OT or Jeudy/Lamb, all 4 of these guys would be solid draft choices if we miss out on those 5. 

If they draft another DL this board is going to meltdown as well as me. Enough can’t miss DL. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If Okudah is sitting there at 11, someone will call in behind us to see if the pick is available. Okudah is a STUD & I don't think he'll make it to 11, he's the best CB in the draft but in this scenario, JD is moving back with more picks to fill this roster. 

If they could move down a few spots and get a 2nd rounder I’d be happy as ****. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

He's an edge rusher something we've needed for a long long time.  Wouldn't be a sexy pick but he would fill a big need 

In a 3-4 defense he’s a DE that’s a DL. If he was an OLB it would be different. 

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

None, someone not on this list will fall. Jeudy, Lamb, Wirfs, Wills... If you are drafting Niang or Biadasz in the first round, you are doing it wrong. These are second round draft picks. 

That’s not answering the original question. That’s how it fell so who do you take and who has Biadasz going in the first? They have them ranked but I definitely wouldn’t pick him. 

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

But are the Jets really a 3-4 defense?  If they drafted Epenesa the Jets could credibly be a 4-3 defense and look more like the 49ers.   the LBs they have could be 4-3 off ball LBs.   It is actually a better construction of the roster given who they have and where the money is being spent.

Based on prior years, players like Biadasz and Niang could conceivably fall at the end of the first round.  Biadasz needs to show who is the real player here.  

Williams seems to play a base 3-4 with the Jets but who knows. It obviously depends on who they resign and get in FA. 

1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Again not a sexy pick but if the board falls the way it does here it wouldn't be a bad pick. Not saying I'd be psyched but I'd understand it

I didn’t watch a ton of him playing is he any better then Leonard Williams was? 

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The athletic just did a 2 Rd mock.

They have us taking becton, the 4th tackle over both jeudy and lamb. I'd rather take the best wr over the 4th best olineman. They also have us taking Robert hunt interior OL in the 2nd

Here's how they have the top 10

1 Burrow, 2 young, 3 okudah, 4 Will's, 5 Tua, 6 Herbert, 7 Derek brown, 8 Wirfs, 9 Simmons, 10 A Thomas

Screenshot_20200114-104550.thumb.png.06f462b6a9adc0da615590560f03b826.png

Yea I agree with you on that one. I’d rather take Lamb or Jeudy

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Becton is a huge reach at this point, IMHO he is 2-3 years away from being a NFL starter and project.... but would still be the best OL on the Jets right now (That's sad).  And skipping the Jeudy and Lamb is a huge mistake.

I was just reading up on him and he sounds like a project OT that got by on his size and doesn’t have good technique. In the laters rounds sure but you can’t pass on two top WRs for him. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I don't think there's any way Grant Delpit is still available at 11. Even assuming he would be there's no way the Jets would have any interest in drafting him. Delpit more than likely goes top 5. 

A safety taken in the top 5?? @T0mShane

35 minutes ago, TNJet said:

If Wirfs stays, how about Biadasz the C from Wisconsin? Or Austin Jackson OT, USC?

Both got ass raped in the last game so no 

51 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Nah dude. Our pick will and should be Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa.

He’s not on the list. He was already drafted 

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

But I'm a fan of anal...

Who isn’t? My priest definitely was. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Draft simulators are fun, but they are trash.  In order to randomize them, they do some bizarre things that make no sense.  

I have not seen a mock where Okudah falls to 11 and 90% of them have him linked to DET at #3.  So forget about that (barring anything substantially changing between now and April).

It is possible that we could miss out on all 3 OTs and 2 WRs but that would take an almost perfect storm, including having Tua (or Herbert) drop to us and as the Chargers seem linked to Herbert, that means Tua is sitting there along with a few blue-chip defensive players like Delpit, Simmons and Epenesa.  I think at that point, we almost have to try to trade down a bit.  And with Tua on the board, I think that should be a real possibility.  But more likely, he'd either get taken by MIA at #5 or someone else below that would trade down so someone could get him.

Worst case, if we are stuck at #11 and all the OTs and WRs (and Okudah) are gone, we're in a pretty bad spot.  Let's hope that doesn't happen.

Like I said. It’s going to change a lot b the draft but it was a kick in the nuts seeing this over and over. I had my money on the Jets drafting Wirfs. What I’m happy with. 

8 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

But what if the best player in the draft falls to us ?? THEN WHAT ?????

:)

Young? Then yes draft him and change the defense to fit him. He’s a 4-3 DE 

For the poster thinking Denver would trade up to the Jets for the 11th pick for a QB. Trade value (which isn’t really worth a sh*t) has the points 

Jets - 11 = 1250

Den - 15 + 46 = 1050 + 440 = 1490

The Jets might need to throw a later pick in to balance it out but Denver would be going for a QB so that would increase the value of the Jets pick especially if another team was wanting to trade up. 

• Upvote 2

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company