New York Mick

Potential Picks From The Draft Simulator

After Lamb and Jeudy I’m a little torn between Higgins and Ruggs. Think I actually prefer Ruggs. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Drafting anything but WR or OL in the first round would bd an unmitigated disaster.

This!

And, it's not only because we're hard-coding ourselves to those positions it's because THIS IS AN OT AND WR DRAFT!  For the first time in a while what the Draft has is EXACTLY what the Jets need.  Lots of good OTs, lots of good WRs.  Whether we go OT then WR or WR then OT, whether we trade down a bit before picking, etc. I don't care....but that will be the value when the Jets are on the board.

Further, if a guy like Okudah somehow slips to #11 (which would surprise me) then there has to be a reason for it.  It might scare me off.  There aren't a ton of good CBs in this Draft.  If anything he should go earlier than expected because after the first 2-3 guys the talent drops off, whereas there are easily 6-10 draftable OTs and 6-10 draftable WRs that will be spread over the first 2 rounds and it won't be a reach to take them.

Round 3 seems like a good spot to go Edge (probably a more one-dimensional pass rusher, a 3rd down guy who may have to grow into a full time role) and Interior OLine.

JMHO.

5 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

If Thomas goes one pick ahead of us, I’ll lose it 

We're all going to lose it anyway regardless of what happens. lol

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company