Jump to content
New York Mick

Potential Picks From The Draft Simulator

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If Okudah is sitting there at 11, someone will call in behind us to see if the pick is available. Okudah is a STUD & I don't think he'll make it to 11, he's the best CB in the draft but in this scenario, JD is moving back with more picks to fill this roster. 

If they could move down a few spots and get a 2nd rounder I’d be happy as ****. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

If they draft another DL this board is going to meltdown as well as me. Enough can’t miss DL. 

He's an edge rusher something we've needed for a long long time.  Wouldn't be a sexy pick but he would fill a big need 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Obviously this is going to change a lot between now and the draft but it’s interesting to see who will be available for the Jets pick at 11. 
After running a bunch of mocks these are the top players available at 11. 

From that list who would you take?

25B12551-FD0C-41DC-86D4-537F1F5DE995.png

None, someone not on this list will fall. Jeudy, Lamb, Wirfs, Wills... If you are drafting Niang or Biadasz in the first round, you are doing it wrong. These are second round draft picks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

He's an edge rusher something we've needed for a long long time.  Wouldn't be a sexy pick but he would fill a big need 

In a 3-4 defense he’s a DE that’s a DL. If he was an OLB it would be different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

None, someone not on this list will fall. Jeudy, Lamb, Wirfs, Wills... If you are drafting Niang or Biadasz in the first round, you are doing it wrong. These are second round draft picks. 

That’s not answering the original question. That’s how it fell so who do you take and who has Biadasz going in the first? They have them ranked but I definitely wouldn’t pick him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

In a 3-4 defense he’s a DE that’s a DL. If he was an OLB it would be different. 

 But are the Jets really a 3-4 defense?  If they drafted Epenesa the Jets could credibly be a 4-3 defense and look more like the 49ers.   the LBs they have could be 4-3 off ball LBs.   It is actually a better construction of the roster given who they have and where the money is being spent.

Based on prior years, players like Biadasz and Niang could conceivably fall at the end of the first round.  Biadasz needs to show who is the real player here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rangerous said:

if those are the choices then maybe trading back in order.  not many oline guys and it looks like the ones that are there aren't even ranked high enough to be the 11th pick.

You can't count on being able to trade back.  It just doesn't happen for the Jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Alabama?

doh!!! ... lack of sleep... Oklahoma👍😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, varjet said:

 But are the Jets really a 3-4 defense?  If they drafted Epenesa the Jets could credibly be a 4-3 defense and look more like the 49ers.   the LBs they have could be 4-3 off ball LBs.   It is actually a better construction of the roster given who they have and where the money is being spent.

Based on prior years, players like Biadasz and Niang could conceivably fall at the end of the first round.  Biadasz needs to show who is the real player here.  

Williams seems to play a base 3-4 with the Jets but who knows. It obviously depends on who they resign and get in FA. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

He transferred schools? 

see above👍

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

In a 3-4 defense he’s a DE that’s a DL. If he was an OLB it would be different. 

Again not a sexy pick but if the board falls the way it does here it wouldn't be a bad pick. Not saying I'd be psyched but I'd understand it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SR24 said:

Again not a sexy pick but if the board falls the way it does here it wouldn't be a bad pick. Not saying I'd be psyched but I'd understand it

I didn’t watch a ton of him playing is he any better then Leonard Williams was? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

Obviously this is going to change a lot between now and the draft but it’s interesting to see who will be available for the Jets pick at 11. 
After running a bunch of mocks these are the top players available at 11. 

From that list who would you take?

I don't believe we will be limited to these options.  

If it did, we take the best WR/O-Line/Edge/CB I suppose, and hope we have better luck later in the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I didn’t watch a ton of him playing is he any better then Leonard Williams was? 

Good motor, solid hands and he's definitely disruptive. Leonard had more tackles but less sacks Leo's best season for sacks saw him turn out 8 sacks, Epenesa only had 4.5 his 1st year but his last 2 he's combined for 22 sacks. He crushed Austin Jackson (widely regarded as a t5 OT) when they played as well. I'm praying one of the OTs falls I really like Wirfs but if we end up with Epensa I can live with it. Switching to a 4-3 might be beneficial as well but it's a total crapshoot from now until the jets are on the clock lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

That’s not answering the original question. That’s how it fell so who do you take and who has Biadasz going in the first? They have them ranked but I definitely wouldn’t pick him. 

Thats a terrible fall if it happened that way but you have to take okudah.... Guy is going to be an all star...

I wouldn't mind espensa, maybe Ruggs or Higgins but sh*t that would be bad... I was pre-empting the you have to take a OL in the first crowd no matter what, which is just dumb.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The athletic just did a 2 Rd mock.

They have us taking becton, the 4th tackle over both jeudy and lamb. I'd rather take the best wr over the 4th best olineman. They also have us taking Robert hunt interior OL in the 2nd

Here's how they have the top 10

1 Burrow, 2 young, 3 okudah, 4 Will's, 5 Tua, 6 Herbert, 7 Derek brown, 8 Wirfs, 9 Simmons, 10 A Thomas

Screenshot_20200114-104550.thumb.png.06f462b6a9adc0da615590560f03b826.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really do not want Espenesa... I don’t see him doing much in the NFL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The athletic just did a 2 Rd mock.

They have us taking becton, the 4th tackle over both jeudy and lamb. I'd rather take the best wr over the 4th best olineman. They also have us taking Robert hunt interior OL in the 2nd

Here's how they have the top 10

1 Burrow, 2 young, 3 okudah, 4 Will's, 5 Tua, 6 Herbert, 7 Derek brown, 8 Wirfs, 9 Simmons, 10 A Thomas

Screenshot_20200114-104550.thumb.png.06f462b6a9adc0da615590560f03b826.png

If Thomas goes one pick ahead of us, I’ll lose it 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The athletic just did a 2 Rd mock.

They have us taking becton, the 4th tackle over both jeudy and lamb. I'd rather take the best wr over the 4th best olineman. They also have us taking Robert hunt interior OL in the 2nd

Here's how they have the top 10

1 Burrow, 2 young, 3 okudah, 4 Will's, 5 Tua, 6 Herbert, 7 Derek brown, 8 Wirfs, 9 Simmons, 10 A Thomas

Screenshot_20200114-104550.thumb.png.06f462b6a9adc0da615590560f03b826.png

Yea I agree with you on that one. I’d rather take Lamb or Jeudy

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Drafting anything but WR or OL in the first round would bd an unmitigated disaster.

 

This!

And, it's not only because we're hard-coding ourselves to those positions it's because THIS IS AN OT AND WR DRAFT!  For the first time in a while what the Draft has is EXACTLY what the Jets need.  Lots of good OTs, lots of good WRs.  Whether we go OT then WR or WR then OT, whether we trade down a bit before picking, etc. I don't care....but that will be the value when the Jets are on the board.

Further, if a guy like Okudah somehow slips to #11 (which would surprise me) then there has to be a reason for it.  It might scare me off.  There aren't a ton of good CBs in this Draft.  If anything he should go earlier than expected because after the first 2-3 guys the talent drops off, whereas there are easily 6-10 draftable OTs and 6-10 draftable WRs that will be spread over the first 2 rounds and it won't be a reach to take them.

Round 3 seems like a good spot to go Edge (probably a more one-dimensional pass rusher, a 3rd down guy who may have to grow into a full time role) and Interior OLine.

JMHO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

If Thomas goes one pick ahead of us, I’ll lose it 

We're all going to lose it anyway regardless of what happens. lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The athletic just did a 2 Rd mock.

They have us taking becton, the 4th tackle over both jeudy and lamb. I'd rather take the best wr over the 4th best olineman. They also have us taking Robert hunt interior OL in the 2nd

Here's how they have the top 10

1 Burrow, 2 young, 3 okudah, 4 Will's, 5 Tua, 6 Herbert, 7 Derek brown, 8 Wirfs, 9 Simmons, 10 A Thomas

Screenshot_20200114-104550.thumb.png.06f462b6a9adc0da615590560f03b826.png

They can have their opinion but there is no way the Jets pass on Jeudy for Becton. 

 

49 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Drafting anything but WR or OL in the first round would bd an unmitigated disaster.

 

Wrong. If Okudah actually falls to 11. Which he won't. It's absurd that he is there in this simulator, but thats how these simulators are sometimes. You take the top rated shut down CB who fill a huge need. He's not just a top rated CB, he's a top 5 prospect, IMO. The draft is deep at WR and OL, I'm sorry, I'm not taking Ruggs, Higgins or Becton or Biadasz at 11 when Okudah is on the board. Again, this is a practice in futility b/c he won't drop that far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

If they draft another DL this board is going to meltdown as well as me. Enough can’t miss DL. 

If they draft another DL I would get my pilot's license...

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

The athletic just did a 2 Rd mock.

They have us taking becton, the 4th tackle over both jeudy and lamb. I'd rather take the best wr over the 4th best olineman. They also have us taking Robert hunt interior OL in the 2nd

Here's how they have the top 10

1 Burrow, 2 young, 3 okudah, 4 Will's, 5 Tua, 6 Herbert, 7 Derek brown, 8 Wirfs, 9 Simmons, 10 A Thomas

Screenshot_20200114-104550.thumb.png.06f462b6a9adc0da615590560f03b826.png

Becton is a huge reach at this point, IMHO he is 2-3 years away from being a NFL starter and project.... but would still be the best OL on the Jets right now (That's sad).  And skipping the Jeudy and Lamb is a huge mistake.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Becton is a huge reach at this point, IMHO he is 2-3 years away from being a NFL starter and project.... but would still be the best OL on the Jets right now (That's sad).  And skipping the Jeudy and Lamb is a huge mistake.

I was just reading up on him and he sounds like a project OT that got by on his size and doesn’t have good technique. In the laters rounds sure but you can’t pass on two top WRs for him. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Ruggs is the fastest guy of the bunch. I think speed a WR is the most needed thing on this team. 

I think we don't need a speedster. We need a big physical WR who will go get the big catches and fight for the ball. We have a speedy WR in anderson. Even if he leaves, I think a big prototypical WR#1 is what we need

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, funaz said:

I think we don't need a speedster. We need a big physical WR who will go get the big catches and fight for the ball. We have a speedy WR in anderson. Even if he leaves, I think a big prototypical WR#1 is what we need

We need Demaryius Thomas from 5-6 years ago..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think there's any way Grant Delpit is still available at 11. Even assuming he would be there's no way the Jets would have any interest in drafting him. Delpit more than likely goes top 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Ruggs is the fastest guy of the bunch. I think speed a WR is the most needed thing on this team. 

Robbie is fast! You look at KC with Hill, Hardman and Watkins! An overabundance of speed. 

Speed kills..... as long as they can run routes well and catch the ball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

I don't think there's any way Grant Delpit is still available at 11. Even assuming he would be there's no way the Jets would have any interest in drafting him. Delpit more than likely goes top 5. 

A safety taken in the top 5?? @T0mShane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

We need Demaryius Thomas from 5-6 years ago..

DT was a project coming out GT... He was what Hill was suppose to be... before Hill came out. both from GT and no route running capabilities... the difference is that DT learned under Gase and Manning and found out how to run better routes, Hill was entitled and out of football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...