Super Bowl LIV will be a rematch of Super Bowl I

It's fitting in the 100th season it will be the Green Bay Packers vs Kansas City Chiefs.

Last season Aaron Rodgers kicked Mike McCarthy to the curb , and then hand picked his coach Matt LaFleur. The results have been nothing short of fantastic for Cheesehead Nation. Rodgers is on a mission this season, and he's doing things his way. He's got the ball in his hands instead of his punter's hands.

I'm going out on a limb and guaranteeing the Chiefs and Packers both get revenge this coming Sunday and beat the teams they each lost to in the regular season. This feels like it's the way the NFL wants it to happen in their 100th season.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

This feels like it's the way the NFL wants it to happen in their 100th season.

I completely agree.  I'll take it a step further to say that I think that the Packers will get every single call if the game is close to help make the Super Bowl I rematch a reality.  

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'm going out on a limb and guaranteeing the Chiefs and Packers both get revenge this coming Sunday and beat the teams they each lost to in the regular season. This feels like it's the way the NFL wants it to happen in their 100th season.

I don't think that's really going out on a ledge.  I'd say it's the likely outcome at that point.

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

It's fitting in the 100th season it will be the Green Bay Packers vs Kansas City Chiefs.

Last season Aaron Rodgers kicked Mike McCarthy to the curb , and then hand picked his coach Matt LaFleur. The results have been nothing short of fantastic for Cheesehead Nation. Rodgers is on a mission this season, and he's doing things his way. He's got the ball in his hands instead of his punter's hands.

That WOULD be cool but I honestly don't see the Pack getting past the 49ers as much as I'd like to see it.

The Packers are obviously a good team, but watching them just makes me think otherwise. Can't quite put my finger on it, but they just look uninspiring when comparing them to the rest of the field, minus the Titans of course, but even the Titans have more of an identity right now than the Packers do. Are the Packers a power running team? A bend but don't break defense? A quick passing team? I can't say.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is the rest of the playoff field knows what they are and aren't when push comes to shove, and it's instrumental to have an identity when you face adversity - especially in the pressure cooker of the playoffs. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

That WOULD be cool but I honestly don't see the Pack getting past the 49ers as much as I'd like to see it.

I definitely out on a limb picking the Packers over the 49ers. Let me tell you,  the past two weekends I've gone 1-7 with my playoff picks, and like the Jets who started the season 1-7 I am about to rally! Fingers are crossed. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I definitely out on a limb picking the Packers over the 49ers. Let me tell you,  the past two weekends I've gone 1-7 with my playoff picks, and like the Jets who started the season 1-7 I am about to rally! Fingers are crossed. 

So here's what I've learned today.

My wanting to go with the 49ers looks to be a solid play.

I might have to change my view on KC though, and load up on the Titans

You have become a valuable asset, the key was knowing how to use you properly. ?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I hope you're right since I bet the Packers to win the superbowl in May. I don't think the Packers win in SF though.

29 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

If you don't mind me asking, how much do you stand to win if the Packers win the Super Bowl?

If it's a big amount of scarole, do the smart thing Barry and put some money down on the 49ers. You're in a spot gamblers dream of right now. YOU CONTROL HOW MUCH YOU WIN.

50 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

The FIX is in.  This game is already suspect.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

So we should totally expect a different match up.  You got a big goose egg on your guarantees on this board.  

We need a wheel of consequence for you.  How many guarantees can you make that you miss on?  

• Haha 1

I'd like to see a Packers - Chiefs Super Bowl but I don't think we'll get it.  Packers got shellacked in San Fran by like 20+ points just two months ago.  Can't see them winning on the road there.

Rodgers has a chance at capping his career the way Manning did and the way Brees has been trying to do for the past 3 seasons!

I'd want a dedicated camera on the face of Mike McCarthy as Rodgers lifts another Lombardi trophy.

• Haha 1

don't count out the titans just yet.  kc has been shown to give up lots of points.  they win because mahommes and co seem to be able to score on anyone.  we've seen this movie many times before and it's possible for the titans defense to rise to the occasion  and win the game.  best way to keep kc from scoring is to keep the ball away from them.  as for the packers, i for one am a little tired of the whole aaron rodgers schtick.  yes he's a good qb but he needs players around him just like all the others.

3 hours ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

The Packers are obviously a good team, but watching them just makes me think otherwise. Can't quite put my finger on it, but they just look uninspiring when comparing them to the rest of the field, minus the Titans of course, but even the Titans have more of an identity right now than the Packers do. Are the Packers a power running team? A bend but don't break defense? A quick passing team? I can't say.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is the rest of the playoff field knows what they are and aren't when push comes to shove, and it's instrumental to have an identity when you face adversity - especially in the pressure cooker of the playoffs. 

I agree, but the Packers have Rodgers. He didn't have a great game against seattle, but when he needed to close out the game thats exactly what he did. 

If your asking me to pick between SF and GB i'm edging a little towards GB just because with Rodgers you always have a shot. 

14 hours ago, JiF said:

So we should totally expect a different match up.  You got a big goose egg on your guarantees on this board.  

We need a wheel of consequence for you.  How many guarantees can you make that you miss on?  

Wait a minute JiF I got my guarantee right on the Jets beating the Steelers. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

So here's what I've learned today.

My wanting to go with the 49ers looks to be a solid play.

I might have to change my view on KC though, and load up on the Titans

You have become a valuable asset, the key was knowing how to use you properly. ?

I've never done as bad as I did the past two weekends. It will even out.

Go Cuse tomorrow night! ?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Good catch. It would be a much better game than Super Bowl I (hopefully).