2019 NFL All-Rookie Team

Picking #3 overall, no one on the team.

Great draft Macc.   No 2nd rounder (that's fine, helped get a QB).   1st rounder, crap rookie season.   3rd rounder, cut.  Just a thought, he never gets a chance to run an NFL draft again.   I bet he can't even crack top 10 in a 8 person fantasy football league.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

A lot of the board wanted Josh Alan (I wanted nothing to do with him) and some of the board wanted Oliver but if they took of Lawrence people would’ve lost there sh*t.

My point is that the Giants got exactly the same type of player, only better, at #17 that we got at #3.

• Upvote 2

I still have faith in Q.  Yes I understand the frustration and it’s true he didn’t have a good rookie year.  Some was him some was injuries.  Honestly I wanted Allen because he fit more of a need but I still think Q will be a really good player for us.  Maybe I will be wrong but can’t pull the plug after barely a year 

• Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I still have faith in Q.  Yes I understand the frustration and it’s true he didn’t have a good rookie year.  Some was him some was injuries.  Honestly I wanted Allen because he fit more of a need but I still think Q will be a really good player for us.  Maybe I will be wrong but can’t pull the plug after barely a year 

I think Quinnen will never amount to be a player as good as Oliver or Lawrence.  He is too soft, mentally and physically.  Just a terrible pick.  I hope he proves me wrong.

Many of those players were picked in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds after the Jets picked.  Just a disgraceful job that Mac did.  

Gase has a job because he stood up against this garbage and had Mac fired.  He does not have a job because he is a good coach.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think Quinnen will never amount to be a player as good as Oliver or Lawrence.  He is too soft, mentally and physically.  Just a terrible pick.  I hope he proves me wrong.

Many of those players were picked in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds after the Jets picked.  Just a disgraceful job that Mac did.  

Gase has a job because he stood up against this garbage and had Mac fired.  He does not have a job because he is a good coach.  

I don’t think it’s fair to say that.  Like I said I wanted Allen but saying his soft soft and terrible is not true

9 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t think it’s fair to say that.  Like I said I wanted Allen but saying his soft soft and terrible is not true

I did not say he was terrible.  I said he was a terrible pick.   A DT picked at 3 should make the list above.  If he does not and DT's picked after him do, the pick is terrible.  

I also said I hope I am wrong.  But I would not get on JD for not trading him-the cap ramifications would be disasterous.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Quinnen is super soft. He needs to utilize a personal trainer and dietitian starting like right now. He’s not even close to being strong or quick enough to make impact plays. Fat kid better not be in the Bahamas right now if he ever wants to be good. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, jetsjets said:

Our talent picking skills on display once again 

After three years of practice, this was Mac's worst effort, by far.  Leo and Jamal made the All Rookie Team, along with Chris Herndon.  

Other than Herndon, no Mac pick other than a top 6 pick made this All Rookie Team.

The Jet's drafting over the last 10 years has been catastrophically bad.    If for some reason they were not good at garbage picking there is no way they would have won 7 games this past season.  It is unrealistic to expect that JD can magically have one off season to clean up this mess.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I still have faith in Q. 

Faith?  Even if the coaching staff gets the maximum out of him going forward he's still never going to be a pass rusher.  And if he can't be a pass rusher he's a bust at 3 overall.

This is a Macc pick we're talking about.  One of the most Macc picks that has ever been Macc'd.  No faith or benefit of the doubt has been earned.  

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Faith?  Even if the coaching staff gets the maximum out of him going forward he's still never going to be a pass rusher.  And if he can't be a pass rusher he's a bust at 3 overall.

This is a Macc pick we're talking about.  One of the most Macc picks that has ever been Macc'd.  No faith or benefit of the doubt has been earned.  

Well I do sorry.  It has nothing to do with Macc.  I just have liked Q since college.  

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Perhaps Macc was the death knell for him then.  Any other GM takes him and he'd be good.

I’m just not one of those type of people who give up on talented players after one year no matter who drafted him.  Yes I agree his rookie year was very disappointing.  I think some was him but some was injuries too.  Let’s see what he does in Year 2