Metrics Showed Where Adam Gase Failed To Live Up To Cutting-Edge Offense Hype

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

The "EYE TEST" when it comes to Gase tells me one thing....

He simply did NOT have talent to work with. That's a fact.

Then, I come to the realization that the talent situation is so bad that, NO ONE, not just Gase, could be successful coaching this team. Not even a young Bill Parcells. 

So ultimately no one knows if Gase is a good HC. Everything on this site is merely one's opinion. Not even my own opinion matters.

What must happen is the GM must start doing his job.

Exactly this. 

Caling for Gase's head is stupid.  Douglas needs to do his job.  That can take 2-3 years.  In the meantime, we have plenty of time to develop the 22 year old kid into something really special by putting him in a system and a playbook that he can master and doesn't change when the wind blows.

SAR I

37 minutes ago, jetsons said:

That's untrue... The jets have an Above Average QB, RB & WR... granted the oline stinks but that still should not have them ranked 2nd to Last in offense.

Run the numbers for the last 8 games.

"Second to last in offense" isn't what happened.  We know what happened.  Adam Gase did a great job in motivating a decimated team.  And you're sore because you, sniff-sniff, didn't want him here.  WAA WAA.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Adam Gase is your head coach for the next 3 years.  Nothing is going to change that.  Accept it.

He’s no lock beyond next season. I wouldn’t even call him a lock to finish next season. JD buys him some quality parts, Gase is going to have to produce. Or he will be fired. 

26 minutes ago, jbone said:

What metric is Sam above average? Not even trying to be a smart a$$ here. Legitimately curious as to what you’re basing this on.

Under Bowles who was clueless or under Gase who had an XFL roster?

These metrics are making you stupid.

SAR I

6 minutes ago, slats said:

The automatic runs on 2nd & long were probably the most frustrating aspect of Gase’s play-calling for me. He talks like he loves Sam, he’s gotta trust him on that down. The runs clearly were not working. 

With a crippled roster Adam Gase turned a 1-7 shipwreck into a successful 6-2 football team.

Nitpicking on downs and playcalls doesn't mean anything.  Focusing on a handful of metrics doesn't mean anything.  Gase got 6 wins in his last 8 games with a team that traditionally quits in such circumstances and a vicious media and dishonorable fans trying to run him out of town.  That's f-cking impressive.  End of story.

SAR I

• Post of the Week 1

35 minutes ago, jetsons said:

That's untrue... The jets have an Above Average QB, RB & WR... granted the oline stinks but that still should not have them ranked 2nd to Last in offense.

QB was mono ridden most of the season...RB running behind the leagues worst OL... Robby above average? He’s definitely improved, he’s not even considered a true number one by most on this board... most injuries in the league 

Gase gets this season to prove himself or he should be a goner... 

Wayne Chrebet has stated such regarding keeping Gase for next year with a draft headed by JD... Chrebet said this to my buddy at a Jets game this year... I don’t think even Toilet Bowles got this amount of hate...

4 minutes ago, slats said:

He’s no lock beyond next season. I wouldn’t even call him a lock to finish next season. JD buys him some quality parts, Gase is going to have to produce. Or he will be fired. 

Disagree.

The way to build sustained winning is to have a sustained coaching staff.  Christopher Johnson is going to be patient.  Because that's what's called for.  We aren't a win-now team.  We're a team done with its rebuild in many areas but deficient in some key spots.  Douglas and Gase are attached at the hip, finally, a GM and HC hired at the same time and on the same page.  Give them time.  No more knee-jerk firings.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, LSJF said:

QB was mono ridden most of the season...RB running behind the leagues worst OL... Robby above average? He’s definitely improved, he’s not even considered a true number one by most on this board... most injuries in the league 

Wayne Chrebet has stated such regarding keeping Gase for next year with a draft headed by JD... Chrebet said this to my buddy at a Jets game this year... I don’t think even Toilet Bowles got this amount of hate...

The answer?

Gase isn't cuddly enough.  He didn't make some bold pronouncement like Rex Ryan.  He doesn't smile like Herm Edwards.  He doesn't pace the sidelines and clap like Pete Carroll.

Jets fans want something cuddly.  Like a stuffed animal.  They care about this crap more than wins and losses.  It's pathetic. 

SAR I

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, LSJF said:

"QB was mono ridden most of the season..." :good_one:

16 minutes ago, SAR I said:

"Second to last in offense" isn't what happened.  We know what happened.  Adam Gase did a great job in motivating a decimated team.  And you're sore because you, sniff-sniff, didn't want him here.  WAA WAA.

SAR I

I’m sorry, SAR. If you’re going to rebut the science in this article, you’ll have to cite at least one random Twitter user in your polemic.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

"QB was mono ridden most of the season..." :good_one:

I had mono it takes a friggin long time to get out your system.... soooo yeh it’s a good one as it’s true... but I guess you must be smarter than me...( that’s a good one)

49 minutes ago, jbone said:

What metric is Sam above average? Not even trying to be a smart a$$ here. Legitimately curious as to what you’re basing this on.

eye test... IT"S VERY CLEAR THAT Sam IS ABOVE AVERAGE & with proper coaching he can even Great to Elite.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Wrong.

Douglas and Gase are here to build STABILITY.  That's the most important thing.  Fix the culture, stick with the same playbook for 4 years, give this 22 year old quarterback a comfortable and dependable base to build upon.

Adam Gase is your head coach for the next 3 years.  Nothing is going to change that.  Accept it.  Or root for the Packers.  They have nice uniforms.

SAR I

Wrong.... They Are Both Here To WIN... PERIOD... & if gase Fails to improve the offense & Sam Significantly This year (2020) he Should Be FIRED.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

The NFL stats for the YEAR are what they are... They Don't cherry pick.

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Wrong.... They Are Both Here To WIN... PERIOD... & if gase Fails to improve the offense & Sam Significantly This year (2020) he Should Be FIRED.

greateight.jpg

Nope.

Patience.

We have the right owner, the right coaching staff, the franchise QB, and the right GM.  Finally.  Give them time to do their jobs.  Lord knows shuffling the GM's and HC's and DC's and QB's has been a colossal failure since 1970.

SAR I

5 minutes ago, jetsons said:

The NFL stats for the YEAR are what they are... They Don't cherry pick.

Stats for 4 games when we had no quarterback aren't stats.  They are a sad justification for pathetic #nevergasers.

You were wrong.  Adam is a good coach.  And there's nothing you can do about it.  Except root against your own team.  Disgusting.

SAR I

• Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, LSJF said:

+1... I say the Same... he has 2020 or he's Out. 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

greateight.jpg

Nope.

Patience.

We have the right owner, the right coaching staff, the franchise QB, and the right GM.  Finally.  Give them time to do their jobs.  Lord knows shuffling the GM's and HC's and DC's and QB's has been a colossal failure since 1970.

SAR I

Don't forget the right TikTok mod.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

greateight.jpg

Nope.

Patience.

SAR I

Wrong... gase IS on a 1 Yr trial... Fail & He's Gone.

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Counter argument:  Sam told Gase off, and went on to scrape by against mostly the worst teams in the NFL in garbage time after been de facto eliminated at 1-7.

I can't speak for others, I'm "sore" because I'm sick of having sub-par QB production and bottom of the league Offensive rankings.

Pretty simple for me:  Gase and Sam simply need to produce for a change.  Average rankings or better (16th or higher is a good start) and average NFL QB production for a 16 game starting QB (use 2019 if you need hard numbers).

They do that, we have something.  They don't, well......at least we get your posts to laugh at again next offseason.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Counter argument:  Sam told Gase off, and went on to beat up on the worst teams in the NFL in garbage time after been de facto eliminated at 1-7.

I can't speak for others, I'm "sore" because I'm sick of having sub-par QB production and bottom of the league Offensive rankings.

Pretty simple for me:  Gase and Sam simply need to produce for a change.  Average rankings or better (16th or higher is a good start) and average NFL QB production for a 16 game starting QB (use 2019 if you need hard numbers).

They do that, we have something.  They don't, well......at least we get your posts to laugh at again next offseason.

This is going to be a painful offseason til the draft...we can only pray that we get some playas...then again we always win the off-season...

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

greateight.jpg

Nope.

Patience.

SAR I

Glue sniffer