BUF DT Ed Oliver recovering from surgery

bitonti

On 1/15/2020 at 7:21 PM, jetstream23 said:

Can I choose neither and take Josh Allen at Edge? :P

Okay....okay...I'll play.  I liked Oliver as a prospect and think he'll be a good pro.  But being surrounded by Jerry Hughes, Star Lotulelei, having Trumaine Edmunds behind him....all of those things help.  And despite what PFF and analytics say, I think Oliver had just as good of a rookie season as Quinnen.  I like Oliver's quickness and inside pass rush ability a little better right now, but QW's size and ability to grow and get stronger are a big positive.  I can't see Ed adding any more weight and strength.  Short answer....no...I don't think I'd do a straight up trade of QW for Oliver, but they have very similar ceilings to me.

Ed Oliver

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/ed-oliver/42200

1759478423_ScreenShot2020-01-15at6_15_46PM.png.70c530d56f57b150bf590e8996889bf6.png

Quinnen Williams

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/quinnen-williams/44216

1554733656_ScreenShot2020-01-15at6_16_04PM.png.d9dd77dc3fcaa2df5e5febaee19e4c34.png

PFF is soooooooo overrated. 

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

SPARQ once again proved it mattered in this case.  Whatever reasons you want to give for Oliver's success as a rookie, his athleticism shined through as a pro.

Because in more games Oliver had a whole 2.5 more sacks?  Yet graded out below Quinnen.  How? 

What success?  Every time I watched the Bill he was invisible, he never took over a game or made you think he was a star in the making

Or better yet, the ever popular, here, hes Donald like.  LOL

On 1/16/2020 at 8:07 AM, Matt39 said:

Also factor in Oliver seems to play with a mean streak/high motor...while Quinnen seems just happy to be there. 

What exactly does that mean while hes grading out lower than Quinnen?

He looks like a little kid, means he just looks happy to be here.  LOL