BornJetsFan1983

Joe Douglas Draft rumor - OT in the first no matter what

Word is he will pick OT with his first pic kno matter what. And that he doesn't want to move back in the first. He want to take his guy and unless someone is offering next year first plus this year he is not moving.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Butt Fumble 3

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Word is he will pick OT with his first pic kno matter what. And that he doesn't want to move back in the first. He want to take his guy and unless someone is offering next year first plus this year he is not moving.

Me going into Fantasy draft, then all players I want are gone, and I can’t move done quick enough for any crummy offer lol

• Upvote 1

Joe D to Manish; so Mehta ya want a scoop? 

Any good GM would tip his hand in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

It might suggest that Douglas thinks he’s going to have multiple first rounders this year, one for BAP and one to reach for a tackle

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It might suggest that Douglas thinks he’s going to have multiple first rounders this year, one for BAP and one to reach for a tackle

Word is It suggests and means nothing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let's just hope if hes drafting for need he moves around a bit and doesnt "get his guy" 15 -20 picks to early in rd 1

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

It would definitely be a nice change to see a GM show some guts on draft day, that’s for sure/

I just hope he has the guts to trade back in a draft deep in OL and WR talent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

That’s a stretch

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Word is he will pick....

And theres a sucker born every minute

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

How can anything this dogmatic be true?  If the first ten picks are O linemen, he is picking the 11 th?   

it may be his preference to take an O lineman, but if he is that rigid in picking to need, he isnt going to be successful.

• Upvote 3

Mmmm which current player is worth a 1st in a trade 🤔 

Sounds to me like he’s trading Jamal.  OT and a WR or Edge Rusher (which ever is BPA) in rd 1.

• Confused 2

One must wonder how that will come about. 

30 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

How can anything this dogmatic be true?  If the first ten picks are O linemen, he is picking the 11 th?   

it may be his preference to take an O lineman, but if he is that rigid in picking to need, he isnt going to be successful.

It’s not true.  Not even remotely.

• Upvote 1

I think we can safely say Douglas will make the O-Line his highest priority in the draft, given his history with Philly/Baltimore, the fact that he picked up several new OL late in the 2019 offseason, and the few drops of information we've received to date.  Plus the Gase factor; he got Macc fired primarily for his negligence of the OL.  Unlike last draft where Gase was so pissed he left the draft room, I'm sure he'll be working closely with JD at the 2020 draft.

But no way we can pigeon-hole what position the pick will be at 11.  It could very easily be a WR, with multiple OL being taken in the next several picks after.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

Long way till March....but as bad as we need an OL high in this draft, I don't agree with taking the 4th or 5th rated OL over someone like CeeDee Lamb

This.  I want OL as much as anyone but if the top ones go early and Lamb slides to us you have to take him. Yes we need oline but we also need more weapons.  Robby is most likely gone and the only other reliable weapon right now is Crowder.  You can always get oline in the 2nd and 3rd rounds too 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

source please

• Upvote 2

On the remote possibility Tua slips to the 11th pick, it should at least be an interesting 15 minutes on the clock.  But otherwise, one of the top-3 OT or top-2 WR should almost certainly be there.  It shouldn't be that hard a decision then.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

If the first 3 OT are gone, It would be idiotic to reach for a tackle you can easily pick up in the second. Just dumb... Draft a WR or Okudah if he falls. 

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

This.  I want OL as much as anyone but if the top ones go early and Lamb slides to us you have to take him. Yes we need oline but we also need more weapons.  Robby is most likely gone and the only other reliable weapon right now is Crowder.  You can always get oline in the 2nd and 3rd rounds too 

I 100% agree. 

I lol at this thread. However, if, hypothetically there is SOME truth to this potential rumor, it's very possible JD is planning to make an effort to trade up to make sure he gets his guy (using our extra 3rd rounder). Which I'm sure everyone on forum would hate, including myself.   

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I 100% agree. 

I lol at this thread. However, if, hypothetically there is SOME truth to this potential rumor, it's very possible JD is planning to make an effort to trade up to make sure he gets his guy (using our extra 3rd rounder). Which I'm sure everyone on forum would hate, including myself.   

I knew given his background Douglas was going to go OL which I’m thrilled about.  However I don’t want to reach for an OL if there is a bigtime WR available