Jump to content

We have to get back to the Playoffs


Jetster
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

We have to ride or die with Sam until we have to pay him. So next year we need to put some resemblance of an actual NFL roster around him  on offense to accurately determine if he is the solution.  Simply can’t afford to use a pick on a QB this year because it’s not even close to as much a need as other position are. 

we need OL, and a OC, and just let crazy eyes play HC.  Can't fire him, then ignore him.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Every year we see teams surprise & make the playoffs. It's about time we're one of them.

The schedule is too hard for a sneak-in 6 seed.  IMO, the only way into the playoffs in 2020 is to win the division.  AFC West and NFC West, 4 long road trips, that's hard on all teams involved.

So that means breaking down the door and dominating.  Possible, but only if all things break right, especially the draft and FA.

SAR I

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SAR I said:

The schedule is too hard for a sneak-in 6 seed.  IMO, the only way into the playoffs in 2020 is to win the division.  So that means breaking down the door and dominating.  Possible, but only if all things break right, especially the draft and FA.

SAR I

We won’t make the playoffs next year with Gase

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, it's the opposite.

If you believe that the Jets had the 31st worst offense in the NFL and only finished strong because of weak teams, then you must believe we are years away from the playoffs.  Can't have it both ways.

Nice try though.

SAR I

So, how did the Fraud manage to move up in offensive ranking from dead last to 31 after the season ended?  Please explain Sar1 or this is another of your many stories.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Face it Jet fans. We will never see real NFL football until we're back to being contenders. This new NFL is riddled with loser teams going through the motions of another season. Players SAVING themselves for free agency. 

Remember Robbie Andersons alligator arm impression in Buffalo? Seasons are nothing if your not in the playoffs. Buffalo got the taste & that changes everything. They believe they're on the way to yearly appearance. 

Just the intensity of these playoff games goes up a notch as players strive for another chance, another game. Watching some of the regular season games in the NFL was like watching preseason football. Sam needs to taste the playoffs! He needs to have that feeling he had when playing big games at USC. There is no other way to ARRIVE in the NFL than to make plays in the biggest games. 

10 years. 10 years since one of the greatest upsets I've ever witnessed watching the NY Jets beat the Pats at Gillette. That's like going for 3rd grade to graduation for god sake. There will be no better time for Joe Douglas to turn this team around than right now with the Pats finally teetering, Miami in rebuild & a beatable Buffalo team if we can fix the Oline. Healthy our defense can stand with the Bills offense. 

We need playoffs THIS YEAR! Sams 3rd year in the league. It's time, no more excuses. I'm one of the fans that believes in Gase & what he's trying to establish here. But another 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 season will crush my enthusiasm. A lot of us older guys are getting tired, and cranky. We have our QB, many, many teams have turned things around in 1 year, why not us? The AFC East is a shell of its once strong past. The Pats have owned it for 20 years. It's f*cking wide open right now & we better be contenders for the Crown. 

If we fix the Oline and get even 1 really good WR even if we lose Robby, and if even one of our TEs Herndon or Griffin come back healthy we should be 9-7 and contend for the playoffs without even making one move on the D. Obviously they will make a few moves on D since the starters at the end Maulet and Bless surprised, but we need to stockpile there better to be able to play more man coverage and consistently get after QBs even with the pass rushers we have that JD will probably add to as well. Again, no reason with everyone used to the O/D systems we are in now to not be able to have a good chance next year at the playoffs. We need more division that will add to more conference wins and more conference wins to get in with tie breakers.  Had we even won the 1st Fins game and Cincy or the 1st Bills game that would not have been enough conference wins as we would have been 6-6 in the conference as opposed to the Titans 7-5. Well even if we had been 9-7 in that case we see the Titans are the best to be in the playoffs for the 6th seed over Jets, Steelers, Raiders, etc. We need to stay above the teams there we beat and that includes the Steelers with Big Ben and even catch up to teams like the Titans since Henry is not going away. What's ironic is I would like to see our top of the league ranked run D against Henry which would be a heck of a matchup since all these playoff teams he has been killing are not as good against the run as the Jets D (2nd against the run) are. (Though NE was 6th an Ravens were 5th against the run and Henry killed them) 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

We have to ride or die with Sam until we have to pay him. So next year we need to put some resemblance of an actual NFL roster around him  on offense to accurately determine if he is the solution.  Simply can’t afford to use a pick on a QB this year because it’s not even close to as much a need as other position are. 

Sam is our QB even past the 5 year contract. Sometime you have to just stop expecting a completely elite QB and realize you get things as good with Sam as possible and keep going with it. Now this is assuming we start getting to the playoffs with him and he doesn't choke every year in the 1st round of the playoffs like a deer in the head lights like Josh Allen did in the 2nd half of the Texans playoff game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If we don't make the playoffs it won't be Adam Gase's fault.  It'll be on the GM for not giving him the tools he and Gregg need to succeed.

SAR I

Confused.  I thought this was a playoff roster when healthy.  You think it will get worse? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If we don't make the playoffs it won't be Adam Gase's fault.  It'll be on the GM for not giving him the tools he and Gregg need to succeed.

SAR I

So it's the Jimmies and the Joes, not the X's and the O's. Give JD 3 years they will be in the playoffs. I guarantee it, lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BROOKLYN JET said:

Rangers went 54 years between cups.

Jets, hold my beer...

Championship?  I’m just hoping for 9-7 and a wildcard

 

It’s been 10 years since we last got to a playoff and Gase is a toxic cancer head coach ask Tannehill, Drake, Parker, Gesicki 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

AFCChampions-Cap-zpsff0cbb83.jpg

t1.jpg

h1-1.jpg

I've got the real thing.  A few apparently slipped to Marshalls instead of going to Pakistan.

SAR I

I think you and other buyers of this AFC champions gear jinxed us for the next decade. All that stuff belonged in Pakistan like you said. Do some voodoo chants on said gear so we make the playoffs next year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

This.  For all of the Gase supporters, you cannot hold up the 6-2 second half like a trophy and then not expect the progression of a winning season and playoff berth in 2020.  If we the Jets are really as good as that 6-2 record (I don't think they are), then with a presumably much better roster, they should be a playoff team in 2020.  You just can't have it both ways.

 

We've missed the playoffs for far too long. Before we enter the free agency and NFL draft phases of the off-season Christopher Johnson needs to let the front office and coaches know there is a playoff mandate in 2020. No playoffs and they're fired.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

Face it Jet fans. We will never see real NFL football until we're back to being contenders. This new NFL is riddled with loser teams going through the motions of another season. Players SAVING themselves for free agency. 

Remember Robbie Andersons alligator arm impression in Buffalo? Seasons are nothing if your not in the playoffs. Buffalo got the taste & that changes everything. They believe they're on the way to yearly appearance. 

Just the intensity of these playoff games goes up a notch as players strive for another chance, another game. Watching some of the regular season games in the NFL was like watching preseason football. Sam needs to taste the playoffs! He needs to have that feeling he had when playing big games at USC. There is no other way to ARRIVE in the NFL than to make plays in the biggest games. 

10 years. 10 years since one of the greatest upsets I've ever witnessed watching the NY Jets beat the Pats at Gillette. That's like going for 3rd grade to graduation for god sake. There will be no better time for Joe Douglas to turn this team around than right now with the Pats finally teetering, Miami in rebuild & a beatable Buffalo team if we can fix the Oline. Healthy our defense can stand with the Bills offense. 

We need playoffs THIS YEAR! Sams 3rd year in the league. It's time, no more excuses. I'm one of the fans that believes in Gase & what he's trying to establish here. But another 6-10, 7-9, 8-8 season will crush my enthusiasm. A lot of us older guys are getting tired, and cranky. We have our QB, many, many teams have turned things around in 1 year, why not us? The AFC East is a shell of its once strong past. The Pats have owned it for 20 years. It's f*cking wide open right now & we better be contenders for the Crown. 

Don't enjoy being the bearer of realistic news, in this case bad news ... but prep to be cranky (hopefully not but ... ):

1) Schedule. As easy as this year's schedule was, next year's is as difficult. This season was a window to, at minimum, claim a wild card berth. Better yet contend for the division and the No. 2 seed like Buffalo did. Alas when Buffalo was 7-1ish contending for the division title we were 1-7 - and poof there went the '19 season window.

The 2020 season - no more easy street: NFC West, Chiefs/Chargers/Colts away, if Brady returns then a powerful NE again, twice. Hell even if he doesn't return they still have Belicheat & McDaniels - NE will be a factor. And Buffalo twice which has re-established itself.

We could have a second-coming HC, of Andy Reid's offensive prowess combined with Belichick's evil defensive genius - but the number of holes the Jets roster has, 9 wins in '20 won't be easy. And often that's not enough for a WC.

2) Our HC-OC, senor Gase. Until proven otherwise, he's not yet the second coming at HC. We saw plenty of exciting & encouraging moments this past season. Unfortunately we also saw more than a few alarming red flags. Yes o-line sucked, the roster was paper thin due to Macc's ineptitude and thus hamstrung by all the injuries. So Chris Johnson, many in here and elsewhere gave Gase a '19 hall pass. Fair enough: then let's see what Gase does in 2020.

Conclusion: all this said the NFL is such a wild, week-to-week league. Some of this year's contenders are next season's pretenders. Seemingly unexpected crazy s--t can and does happen (see: Titans stomping Ravens). If Joe Douglas manages to build a strong o-line and pass rush in one offseason - then the Jets should have a chance to contend for a WC. In which case it'll be on Gase & his staff to have the Jets in WC contention and hopefully better in December.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You can say what you want about Manish.

What isn't allowed is you using the name of Max's savior to personally attack others.

Is this clear?

SAR I

Congratulations on being promoted to Moderator, I hadn't heard the news.  Kudos, couldn't have been awarded to a nicer guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...