32EBoozer

Rhule goes with LSU Passing Game Coordinator Brady for OC.

46 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Yet you keep attacking me, well done Mrs. Rhule. 

You gave Sam mono.  You have no right to call someone "Mrs" anything for defending somebody.  

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Idzik actually had a plan and drafted priority value positions.

What was the plan when he went 1 for 12 (8.3% success rate) in the 2014 draft?

Just now, Green DNA said:

What was the plan when he went 1 for 12 (8.3% success rate) in the 2014 draft?

Seemingly you did not read my post at all, in the least.

I said up front he could not draft his way put of a paper bag.

As for his plan?

He got rid of Revis for a 1st and 3rd, he shed other over priced vets and accumulated compensatory picks.

In his two drafts he picked:

A pass catching TE

3 WR's

FOUR olineman

A couple of CBs.

His drafts, just like macs were a big fat fail but his team building and positional value strategy was 100 times better than mac.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Loved by his players (and not just for dumb, sentimental reasons like Rex was loved).

What

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

What

Rex was loved by players because of his persona.  Though his act wore on more veteran players.  

Rhule is loved by players for much better reasons than that.  Things that matter out of a HC.  Holding people accountable, being an actual, real leader, earning respect, etc.  Those kinds of qualities will transfer well to the pros.  

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You gave Sam mono.  You have no right to call someone "Mrs" anything for defending somebody.  

^ Mrs Rhule has claws 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Rex was loved by players because of his persona.  Though his act wore on more veteran players.  

Rhule is loved by players for much better reasons than that.  Things that matter out of a HC.  Holding people accountable, being an actual, real leader, earning respect, etc.  Those kinds of qualities will transfer well to the pros.  

How are you able to speak about this stuff do confidently. You hanging out in the dirty laundry cart again? 

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As for his plan?

He got rid of Revis for a 1st and 3rd, he shed other over priced vets and accumulated compensatory picks.

A pass catching TE

3 WR's

FOUR olineman

A couple of CBs.

His drafts, just like macs were a big fat fail but his team building and positional value strategy was 100 times better than mac.

90% of Idzik’s plan relied on dumping Rex, and Woody rat****ed him at every turn in service of keeping Rex in the fold, which made Idzik’s life impossible. You simply can’t have the coach and the GM working against each other while the owner keeps siding with the coach. And when Rex went 8-8 with Geno, that was all she wrote for Idzik. 

1 minute ago, CTM said:

How are you able to speak about this stuff do confidently. You hanging out in the dirty laundry cart again? 

I read.  And observe.

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

As for his plan?

A pass catching TE

3 WR's

FOUR olineman

A couple of CBs.

Actually, I did read your post, I just disagree with your premise.

In 2014, with 12 picks:

1st round pick was a strong safety (Pryor) - positional value??

2nd round pick was a TE (Amaro) - positional value??

3rd round pick was an already injured CB (McDougle) that was an accident waiting to happen

In a deep draft for WR, he waited until the 4th round to pick.... Jalen Saunders, a (terrible) punt returner and Shaq Lawson.

Idzik was just as clueless on positional value as big Macc.

3 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

Actually, I did read your post, I just disagree with your premise.

In 2014, with 12 picks:

1st round pick was a strong safety (Pryor) - positional value??

2nd round pick was a TE (Amaro) - positional value??

3rd round pick was an already injured CB (McDougle) that was an accident waiting to happen

In a deep draft for WR, he waited until the 4th round to pick.... Jalen Saunders, a (terrible) punt returner and Shaq Lawson.

Idzik was just as clueless on positional value as big Macc.

A pass catching TE has a lot of positional value, the player sucked.

A CB has a lot of positional value, the player just sucked.

Your argument once again is based on the players being bad.

Idzik drafted a CB at 9, he drafted more olineman in two drafts than mac did in 5

On 1/15/2020 at 12:45 PM, nico002 said:

Name one good nfl coach that didn’t spend YEARS grinding as a coordinator or player. 

I'm late to this topic, but...

• Andy Reid, right off the top of my head
  • And John Harbaugh was just a special teams coach (which is only very recently called "coordinator" and no one on earth thinks of ST coaches on the same level as OCs/DCs)
  • Tomlin had all of 1 year as a DC when he was made HC
  • Vrabel also just 1 year as a DC. He was a player for a long time, but arguing that being a player makes you an acceptable coach is an uphill climb of an argument to say the least, and he's the only player on this list
  • LaFleur bouncing 1 year as a DC for 2 teams surely isn't what you meant by YEARS in caps (especially when the more recent of the two was as an OC overseeing an offense in the bottom half dozen in the league)
  • Anthony Lynn almost one year as an OC
  • Matt Nagy one year as an OC (Anyone here think he was the straw that stirred the drink in KC? I didn't think so.)

How many more than one are you looking for? 

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

A pass catching TE has a lot of positional value, the player sucked.

A CB has a lot of positional value, the player just sucked.

Your argument once again is based on the players being bad.

Idzik drafted a CB at 9, he drafted more olineman in two drafts than mac did in 5

The 1st round safety is obvious, but with 12 picks there is no need to pick a (mediocre) pass catching TE in round 2.  Your argument is that Idzik sucked less because he picked his terrible players in a more appropriate draft slot than Mac.  

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm late to this topic, but...

• Andy Reid, right off the top of my head
  • And John Harbaugh was just a special teams coach (which is only very recently called "coordinator" and no one on earth thinks of ST coaches on the same level as OCs/DCs)
  • Tomlin had all of 1 year as a DC when he was made HC
  • Vrabel also just 1 year as a DC. He was a player for a long time, but arguing that being a player makes you an acceptable coach is an uphill climb of an argument to say the least, and he's the only player on this list
  • LaFleur bouncing 1 year as a DC for 2 teams surely isn't what you meant by YEARS in caps (especially when the more recent of the two was as an OC overseeing an offense in the bottom half dozen in the league)
  • Anthony Lynn almost one year as an OC
  • Matt Nagy one year as an OC (Anyone here think he was the straw that stirred the drink in KC? I didn't think so.)

How many more than one are you looking for? 

Reid- 6 years as an assistant

harbaugh- 10 years as a coordinator 

Tomlin- 5 years as position coach/coordinator 

Vrabel- year as dc multiple years as player

lynn- 16 years as position coach and 6 years as assistant head coach 

Matt Nagy - 6 years as position coach and 2 years as coordinator 

your examples are absolutely terrible and support my argument

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

Reid- 6 years as an assistant

harbaugh- 10 years as a coordinator 

Tomlin- 5 years as position coach/coordinator 

Vrabel- year as dc multiple years as player

lynn- 16 years as position coach and 6 years as assistant head coach 

Matt Nagy - 6 years as position coach and 2 years as coordinator 

your examples are absolutely terrible and support my argument

🤪

You specifically said as a coordinator. Not an assistant. Not a mere position coach. A coordinator OR a player for many years (though I have doubts about the latter's inherent value in becoming a HC, otherwise all the good coaches would be ex-players). If you want to keep moving the goal posts and changing the parameters any time you're proven wrong it is an unserious argument you're making.

There aren't any head coaches I'm aware of who haven't worked for multiple years as an assistant coach of some type at the pro level, or as at least a  coordinator if not HC at the college level. There is no such thing, any more than there's such a thing as a brown and green sky, so it hardly seems a point of any significance. The day some GM takes a kid right out of college classes and turns him into a HC you can say I'm wrong.

And special teams coach isn't a coordinator. Not really, and everyone knows it. Special teams coaches are half coaching roster bubble and later round rookies, not so much managing high-dollar veterans and their attitudes and senses of entitlement (earned as it may be in many cases). There are good STCs and bad ones, but none are on the same coaching plane or have to contend with nearly the same variables as an OC or DC. There are no crucial decisions on an extended drive or even a single series of downs. In comparison to OCs/DCs, how often do we hear about the brilliant gameplan a STC came up with for a specific opponent? Yeah, pretty much never. I can't recall ever hearing it, actually. 

The rest of your above reply are just poor obfuscation attempts: mushing longer experience of decidedly lesser, non-coordinator/HC positions together with the minimal ~1 yr experience as an actual coordinator, to try making it seem like there was equal time spent being totally in charge of half the team of veterans.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

🤪

You specifically said as a coordinator. Not an assistant. Not a mere position coach. A coordinator OR a player for many years (though I have doubts about the latter's inherent value in becoming a HC, otherwise all the good coaches would be ex-players). If you want to keep moving the goal posts and changing the parameters any time you're proven wrong it is an unserious argument you're making.

There aren't any head coaches I'm aware of who haven't worked for multiple years as an assistant coach of some type at the pro level, or as at least a  coordinator if not HC at the college level. There is no such thing, any more than there's such a thing as a brown and green sky, so it hardly seems a point of any significance. The day some GM takes a kid right out of college classes and turns him into a HC you can say I'm wrong.

And special teams coach isn't a coordinator. Not really, and everyone knows it. Special teams coaches are half coaching roster bubble and later round rookies, not so much managing high-dollar veterans and their attitudes and senses of entitlement (earned as it may be in many cases). There are good STCs and bad ones, but none are on the same coaching plane or have to contend with nearly the same variables as an OC or DC. There are no crucial decisions on an extended drive or even a single series of downs. In comparison to OCs/DCs, how often do we hear about the brilliant gameplan a STC came up with for a specific opponent? Yeah, pretty much never. I can't recall ever hearing it, actually. 

The rest of your above reply are just poor obfuscation attempts: mushing longer experience of decidedly lesser, non-coordinator/HC positions together with the minimal ~1 yr experience as an actual coordinator, to try making it seem like there was equal time spent being totally in charge of half the team of veterans.

“Assistant head coach” for 6 years is not comparable to “assistant OL coach” which is all that Rhule has done... for ONE year

“There aren't any head coaches I'm aware of who haven't worked for multiple years as an assistant coach of some type at the pro level

panthers HC, OC, and DC meet this criteria LOL

32 minutes ago, nico002 said:

“Assistant head coach” for 6 years is not comparable to “assistant OL coach” which is all that Rhule has done... for ONE year

Just say it:

“I, Nico, made a wild assertion with my post was factually wrong and without merit. There are in fact many past and present successful head coaches who neither worked for YEARS as coordinators nor as players before, as I incorrectly presumed. Furthermore, being a career player has never proven to be adequate or even requisite prior training for becoming a successful head coach in the NFL.”

21 hours ago, Beerfish said:

As for his plan?

A pass catching TE

3 WR's

FOUR olineman

A couple of CBs.

Idzik had a plan, and did a good job picking up draft picks.

He then blew every single pick, but his strategy was sound.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Just say it:

“I, Nico, made a wild assertion with my post was factually wrong and without merit. There are in fact many past and present successful head coaches who neither worked for YEARS as coordinators nor as players before, as I incorrectly presumed. Furthermore, being a career player has never proven to be adequate or even requisite prior training for becoming a successful head coach in the NFL.”

Just say it: Matt Rhule is a fraud 

9 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Just say it: Matt Rhule is a fraud 

You spelled every word wrong. I have no opinion on Matt Rhule one way or the other so this triggering attempt is another failed post.

Admit you were dead wrong, could not have been more wrong, and are now getting in deeper because you wish to protect a wildly ignorant and factually incorrect post.