1981: Season Ticket Holder Application $88 per year !!!

4 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

Just before the 2004 season I bought someone’s #11 place in line on the waitlist for $1,000. That low number got my tix that year. That was my first year as a season ticket holder. I was the second from the last row up top on the sideline just before the corner. 

B9A51C0D-2D30-45DB-8B4E-04D064D98996_1_201_a.thumb.jpeg.0983eafb381eb3e1ebb202d1a4e889db.jpeg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the record, $11 in 1981 is $32 today Pro sports is short slightingly pricing itself out of its future. 

Season ticket holders back in the day were diehards, resilient in their  seats every damn game.  There was no internet to list tickets 4 sale and profit.  Those were the days.   

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

Just before the 2004 season I bought someone’s #11 place in line on the waitlist for $1,000. That low number got my tix that year. That was my first year as a season ticket holder. I was the second from the last row up top on the sideline just before the corner. 

It's amazing the lengths we had to go to in order to get ourselves off of waitlist purgatory, isn't it?

How did you do with PSL's?  What day was your seniority when they started making calls?

SAR I

On 1/15/2020 at 10:20 AM, SAR I said:

Of course there was a waiting list!  NFL tickets to this day are still the best value of any sport.  This is the reason why PSL's are a gift from God for people like me who were stuck on the waiting list from 1988 to 2002.

Jets tickets were never priced properly.  The very best seats in the house were so cheap anyone with season ticket rights in a family of Giants fans would be stupid not to buy dead Uncle Tommy's Jets seats themselves and sell them to ticket brokers for 5x or 10x face value.  I know a guy who had 12 Jets seats in Giants Stadium and literally put his kids through college on the profits.

SAR I

Stubhub

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Just who do you think puts up all those good seats for people like you to buy at a discount?

Say "thank you".

SAR I

Wait I thought you were a loyal, dedicated,diehard,reliable,dependable,invested NY Jets fan. 

joewilly12 

46 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Wait I thought you were a loyal, dedicated,diehard,reliable,dependable,invested NY Jets fan. 

joewilly12 

Definitely. 

But in the last two seasons I couldn’t attend 1 regular season game and put those tickets up on Stubhub for Jets fans without season tickets to purchase. 

When people try to throw it in the face of season-ticket holder’s that they can “buy cheap tickets on Stubhub“ it needs to be pointed out that we are the ones who are selling them.  They didn’t game the system. They are taking our leftovers.

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Definitely. 

But in the last two seasons I couldn’t attend 1 regular season game and put those tickets up on Stubhub for Jets fans without season tickets to purchase. 

When people try to throw it in the face of season-ticket holder’s that they can “buy cheap tickets on Stubhub“ it needs to be pointed out that we are the ones who are selling them.  They didn’t game the system. They are taking our leftovers. 

SAR I

They are helping your cause. 

Be more polite and act accordingly. 

joewilly12 

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

They are helping your cause. 

Be more polite and act accordingly. 

joewilly12 

If season ticket holders weren’t benevolent and didn’t list our tickets, they would be on waiting lists like we were and struggle to buy tickets at all.

So say thank you and keep quiet about the “bargains” on Stubhub.  They’re our tickets for cripesakes.

SAR I

12 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If season ticket holders weren’t benevolent and didn’t list our tickets, they would be on waiting lists like we were and struggle to buy tickets at all.

So say thank you and keep quiet about the “bargains” on Stubhub.  They’re our tickets for cripesakes.

SAR I

I don't buy tickets on StubHub. 

So you aren't talking to me bub. 

joewilly12 

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Im defending no one. 

joewilly12 

Then mind your business on this subject.  When others tell season ticket holders we are fools because tickets are so easy to get on Stubhub and that condition only exists because we season ticket holders put them up for sale ourselves, stay out of it.

SAR I

Man this conversation is so boring. Literally verbatim from 2010 on...

Newsflash - it works perfectly for everyone. SAR gets to sit with some of the same people when he goes and sits in his mezz endzone corner seats, (truly the best value available in 2010), thousands of others like it like this as well... I can only attend a couple of home games so getting great seats cheap works for me and thousands of others. I've really come to see PSL + StubHub as a win-win for most. And honestly, even those who want to go to every game can do it reap cheap - buy tickets on Friday or Saturday and you'll rarely get shut out.

35 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Then mind your business on this subject.  When others tell season ticket holders we are fools because tickets are so easy to get on Stubhub and that condition only exists because we season ticket holders put them up for sale ourselves, stay out of it.

SAR I

My business is discussion on this football message board. 

Don't like my opinions put me on ignore.

joewilly12 

22 minutes ago, isired said:

Man this conversation is so boring. Literally verbatim from 2010 on...

Newsflash - it works perfectly for everyone. SAR gets to sit with some of the same people when he goes and sits in his mezz endzone corner seats, (truly the best value available in 2010), thousands of others like it like this as well... I can only attend a couple of home games so getting great seats cheap works for me and thousands of others. I've really come to see PSL + StubHub as a win-win for most. And honestly, even those who want to go to every game can do it reap cheap - buy tickets on Friday or Saturday and you'll rarely get shut out.

Exactly.  Everyone wins.  Good for the Jets fans, like you and I, who actually attend games.  Not the ones who talk a lot and sit on their couches judging those who actually make an effort.

SAR I

Exactly.  Everyone wins.  Good for the Jets fans, like you and I, who actually attend games.  Not the ones who talk a lot and sit on their couches judging those who actually make an effort.
SAR I
It's good for them too - more to complain about!
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, SAR I said:

Definitely. 

SAR I

Did stub hub give away 20,000 terrible towels that day with the tix?

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's amazing the lengths we had to go to in order to get ourselves off of waitlist purgatory, isn't it?

How did you do with PSL's?  What day was your seniority when they started making calls?

SAR I

I just really wanted my own season tix, at that time stub hub and the like were all pretty new and people were still mostly scalping or buying full seasons from people they had established relationships with. My seats were crap but I did really like the people immediately around me, and it was enjoyable having that camaraderie. 

I don't remember much from the psl process other than the sales guy did feel kinda sleazy. I did want lower level, right on an aisle, and close to the section entrance. I was able to get all of that in 123, which was about as close to the corner/sideline as you could get without the crazy psl of those seats.

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, joebabyny said:

I just really wanted my own season tix, at that time stub hub and the like were all pretty new and people were still mostly scalping or buying full seasons from people they had established relationships with. My seats were crap but I did really like the people immediately around me, and it was enjoyable having that camaraderie. 

I don't remember much from the psl process other than the sales guy did feel kinda sleazy. I did want lower level, right on an aisle, and close to the section entrance. I was able to get all of that in 123, which was about as close to the corner/sideline as you could get without the crazy psl of those seats.

The $2500 PSL that I paid per seat doesn't bug me. Cost of doing business. And the first few years in the stadium they were pretty good. If I had to pay a PSL then immediately watch Bowles or Gase yikes.

7 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Did stub hub give away 20,000 terrible towels that day with the tix?

No, but 20,000 season ticket holders decided that for a team that wasn't in contention they had something else to do two days before Christmas and could use the money.

That's their prerogative.  They earn that right as season ticket holders.

SAR I

6 hours ago, joebabyny said:

Same here, Mezzanine corner, on the aisle, as close to club seats as possible without club seat prices.  A side benefit of being in a location like that is that almost all Jets fans wanted something similar, so you wind up sitting  next to other diehards who don't give up their seats.  It's Year 11 and I've still got the same 20 people behind me and next to me, it's been pretty cool to watch our kids turn from 8 year olds to young men and women.

SAR I

Exactly how I started out way back when.

I got an offer from someone to buy tickets.  I asked which games he said the entire season was available I could have any games I wanted, to just look at the schedule.  I asked him how much and was told $11 per game.  I was like, $88 for the whole season?  You didnt have to buy preseasons back then.  Two years later he moved to California and they were transferred to my name.  

• Post of the Week 1
6 hours ago, Maxman said:

The $2500 PSL that I paid per seat doesn't bug me. Cost of doing business. And the first few years in the stadium they were pretty good. If I had to pay a PSL then immediately watch Bowles or Gase yikes.

Yeah, if ever there was a time to feel good about a PSL it was 2010 and 2020.

SAR I

4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I wonder if our team slogan should be changed too "Don't Play Like a Jet"

Anything to disassociate ourselves from Rex Ryan is fine with me.

SAR I

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SAR I said:

No, but 20,000 season ticket holders decided that for a team that wasn't in contention they had something else to do two days before Christmas and could use the money.

That's their prerogative.  They earn that right as season ticket holders.

SAR I

Yeah, I guess that’s a good excuse considering the opportunity to knock a major rival out of the playoffs that also happens to be the best traveling fan group in possibly all of sports

5 hours ago, Lizard King said:

Yeah, I guess that’s a good excuse considering the opportunity to knock a major rival out of the playoffs that also happens to be the best traveling fan group in possibly all of sports

I went to the game because I really was excited.  That was a big test for the Beater Jets and I believed they could win.

But clearly a large portion of the fanbase either believed the Gase hate they heard on the radio or knew it was a slam-dunk resale over face value.

Either way, it was a fun game.  5 times enemy fans turned up in big numbers and all 5 times they left crying.  As a fan amongst the Giants, Dolphins, Raiders, Steelers, and Cowboys fans, it was a thing of beauty.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, SAR I said:

Yeah, if ever there was a time to feel good about a PSL it was 2010 and 2020.

SAR I

I bought two more seats now, kept the PSLs at the same amount though. I don't feel that good lol.

• Upvote 1
19 hours ago, SAR I said:

Definitely. 

SAR I

shouldn't you post those tickets here first - so loyal fans can buy them and everyone can save the Stub hub fee?

that's what i do.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I bought two more seats now, kept the PSLs at the same amount though. I don't feel that good lol.

When we’re grabbing a pregame Bud Light Seltzer and celebrating the AFC Championship Game we’re about to witness in MetLife Stadium, you’ll feel pretty good methinks. 

SAR I

43 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

shouldn't you post those tickets here first - so loyal fans can buy them and everyone can save the Stub hub fee?

that's what i do.

I like Stubhub because it’s impersonal.  I’ve given some tickets away for free on JN, but exchanging money can be dicey. 

SAR I