1981: Season Ticket Holder Application $88 per year !!!

On 1/16/2020 at 9:18 PM, SAR I said:

Then mind your business on this subject.  When others tell season ticket holders we are fools because tickets are so easy to get on Stubhub and that condition only exists because we season ticket holders put them up for sale ourselves, stay out of it.

SAR I

In that case you season ticket holders are to blame when the seats are full with colors of the opposing team. 

works both ways

I just think it’s foolish how much people pay for season tix. Everything has a value. PSLs/Season tickets are way overpriced. In 1980 it was worth it. Today it’s a ripoff and the jets are screwing its own fans. 

2 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

In that case you season ticket holders are to blame when the seats are full with colors of the opposing team. 
works both ways

No, we're not to blame.  The tickets we infrequently put up for sale should wind up in the hands of Jets fans because Jets fans outnumber enemy fans 1000:1 and the prices are way below face value.  There must be 5 million Jets fans in a metropolitan area of 20 million.  Only 17,000 of them buy season ticket subscriptions.  Where is everyone else?

If there are enemy fans in the stadium its because Jets fans couldn't be bothered to keep them out.  2 days before Christmas, thousands of Steeler fans showed up to root on a backup quarterback and a faint playoff chance.  Jets fans could have supported Adam and Sam on a huge winning streak and instead were home listening to Joe Beningo whine.  Just awful.

2 hours ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

I just think it’s foolish how much people pay for season tix. Everything has a value. PSLs/Season tickets are way overpriced.

My Jets tickets are $120 each.  A Yankee ticket in a similar location is $200.  A Ranger ticket in a similar location is $250.

Our PSL's were paid for 10 years ago, no one even thinks about PSL's anymore.

Again, the reason you have the option to get Stubhub tickets at a discount is because of season ticket holders benevolence and the team being rather weak.  If we turned off the spigot, just stopped putting them up for resale, and the Jets get good again,  you'd either be forced to get full-priced lame season tickets in the upper deck endzones or pay over face value for a decent seat.

SAR I