what if we lost to Buffalo

joewilly

2 minutes ago, joewilly said:

Sorry if this has been discussed but what would our draft position be if we lost to Buffalo.

Do ya'll know that Google and basic math exists? Look at the standings. Add ONE more game to the loss column. Look at the other teams with the same record. 

There's your answer. (They'd be picking 9th, almost zero difference)

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

I think I remember reading that depending on the outcomes of a few other games, in addition to losing, we could have gone as high as 6 or 7.

And if we won in Week 1 we’d be behind ALL the other 7-9 teams, much further down.

So good news! We gave up a 16 point lead to the Bills and lost. Let’s party!

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

And if we won in Week 1 we’d be behind ALL the other 7-9 teams, much further down.

So good news! We gave up a 16 point lead to the Bills and lost. Let’s party!

No.  If we'd have won in Week 1, then Buffalo wouldn't have been resting their starters in Week 17.  

• Upvote 1

I’m always for losing games at the end of the year for draft position

God knows what it’s costs us in the past

but now that we supposedly have our franchise qb, we need to start winning for Darnold’s sake

saying that, those last 2 wins were so ugly, they weren’t worth it and wish we would’ve just lost them

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

35 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Will you also be upset if we are picking 25th in '21?  Not me.

There is a loud minority on this board who harbors the “championship or the season is a failure” view.

Can you imagine how depressing that outlook must be as a Jets fan? I just want meaningful games in December (although, November would be a start)!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

You guys are way off. At no. 1 overall he would’ve had a clear shot at Jachai Polite. Lest anyone pounce on him like Macc was worried about with Hackenberg. 

The most damning story about Macc. Hack’s former college HC Bill O’Brien and the Texans traded to leapfrogged us in the 2nd and took... not Hackenberg. For some reason that spooked Macc that someone other team was about to snatch him away. 

If Macc is playing poker during his year off, how do I get invited to that table?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yet they let Josh Allen slide by and watched the Raiders go Edge at #4 in one of the better pass-rushing Drafts in recent memory. 

I get that. But Allen was not considered nearly the can't miss prospect that Bosa was. They probably had Allen right below QW. And I bet you a lot of teams had QW ahead of Allen. The Raiders had Ferrell ahead of Allen. Personally, I wanted Allen but did not think QW was as insane of a pick as so many other posters on this forum claim to have thought. QW was supposed to be a QB disruptor. He was supposed to be the guy who collapsed the pocket from the inside and made lives miserable for guys like Brady who got the ball out quick and couldn't rely on their speed to run away from defenders. Thats the potential you saw on tape in college. It was clear as day. Anyone who claims QW would not have been a top 10, maybe even top 5 pick had he not been taken by the Jets is crazy. Analysts were drooling over his upside.    

4 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

New Orleans had one of the best drafts in recent memory picking 11th.

11th: Marshon Lattimore

32nd: Ryan Ramczyk (Cook trade)

42nd: Marcus Williams

67th: Alvin Kamara

76th: Alex Anzalone 

The Jets have the 11th, 48th, 68th, 79th picks. JD’s got this.

Even when Macc gets one right he fouls it up. Almost had a deal to move up to take Kamara but balled at throwing in a late round pick that turned into some guy whose name I forget.

22 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

I’m always for losing games at the end of the year for draft position

God knows what it’s costs us in the past

but now that we supposedly have our franchise qb, we need to start winning for Darnold’s sake

saying that, those last 2 wins were so ugly, they weren’t worth it and wish we would’ve just lost them

Just say it, Williams’s defense won those game.