what if we lost to Buffalo

joewilly

14 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I get that. But Allen was not considered nearly the can't miss prospect that Bosa was. They probably had Allen right below QW. And I bet you a lot of teams had QW ahead of Allen. The Raiders had Ferrell ahead of Allen. Personally, I wanted Allen but did not think QW was as insane of a pick as so many other posters on this forum claim to have thought. QW was supposed to be a QB disruptor. He was supposed to be the guy who collapsed the pocket from the inside and made lives miserable for guys like Brady who got the ball out quick and couldn't rely on their speed to run away from defenders. Thats the potential you saw on tape in college. It was clear as day. Anyone who claims QW would not have been a top 10, maybe even top 5 pick had he not been taken by the Jets is crazy. Analysts were drooling over his upside.    

Yes they were. But other than Macc, who lost his job over it, nobody else in the NFL who gets paid to do this was.

54 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No.  If we'd have won in Week 1, then Buffalo wouldn't have been resting their starters in Week 17.  

Butterfly effect.  Did you know that if we'd lost one more game in 1984 the Jets would have been two-time Super Bowl champions in the late '80's?  It's complicated but largely due to the Houston Oilers making a playoff appearance in which their Cornerback was hurt thereby forcing them to take a player the Jets wanted in a Draft two years later?  Ugh...what could have been!

43 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Do ya'll know that Google and basic math exists? Look at the standings. Add ONE more game to the loss column. Look at the other teams with the same record. 

There's your answer. (They'd be picking 9th, almost zero difference)

Thanks ElBarrio for your condescending answer. Yes I'm familiar with google and regarding basic math........... subtraction of a poster could be an addition to the site.

I asked as more of a discussion topic for a thread.

32 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I get that. But Allen was not considered nearly the can't miss prospect that Bosa was. They probably had Allen right below QW. And I bet you a lot of teams had QW ahead of Allen. The Raiders had Ferrell ahead of Allen. Personally, I wanted Allen but did not think QW was as insane of a pick as so many other posters on this forum claim to have thought. QW was supposed to be a QB disruptor. He was supposed to be the guy who collapsed the pocket from the inside and made lives miserable for guys like Brady who got the ball out quick and couldn't rely on their speed to run away from defenders. Thats the potential you saw on tape in college. It was clear as day. Anyone who claims QW would not have been a top 10, maybe even top 5 pick had he not been taken by the Jets is crazy. Analysts were drooling over his upside.    

Agree.  QW was a Top 5 prospect by all accounts, but my approach is obviously different than what Macc did.....I allow need and roster fit to enter into the equation more than just 1%.  If Allen is right below QB on their Board (and there's almost no way he was more than a spot or two behind IMO) then that's the pick because of how urgent and long-lasting the need has been for the Jets at outside pass rusher.  We talk about positional value, etc. around here a lot.  Edge > DT....the Jets need at Edge was also > need at DT.  Taking the #4 ranked guy over the #2 ranked guy (just as an example, we don't know how the Jets' board was stacked) is not a bad thing to do in that case.  The Jets obviously valued QB higher than other positions (like almost all teams do) and in 2018 selected Darnold who I believe was a great prospect but should not have been graded higher than Quenton Nelson and Bradley Chubb.....but Darnold plays QB and that matters.  Allen played Edge...and that should have mattered.  JMHO.

19 minutes ago, joewilly said:

Thanks ElBarrio for your condescending answer. Yes I'm familiar with google and regarding basic math........... subtraction of a poster could be an addition to the site.

I asked as more of a discussion topic for a thread.

Nothing in your original post suggested a larger discussion. It was like you lifted a Google search query and pasted it into a thread. 

I'm not going anywhere pops. 

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

New Orleans had one of the best drafts in recent memory picking 11th.

11th: Marshon Lattimore

32nd: Ryan Ramczyk (Cook trade)

42nd: Marcus Williams

67th: Alvin Kamara

76th: Alex Anzalone 

The Jets have the 11th, 48th, 68th, 79th picks. JD’s got this.

The saints are a well managed team

the jets have Woody and Gase

49 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Every spot counts.  When wirfs gets picked one spot in front of us thus all top OTs are off the board as well as lamb and jeudy and we are looking at having to draft espenesa suddenly it will make a difference.

Not to mention our picking slot in ALL other rounds

One of the top 3 OTs will get to us at 11

• 2 weeks later...