NEW CBS MOCK IS DREAM SCENARIO FOR JETS- JEUDY OR WILLS?

PepPep

New CBS Mock Draft from Chris Trapasso has the Panthers taking Simmons, which then has Brown slide and the Jags take him instead of a WR. Cards take Lamb to pair with his former college teammate Murray.  Browns take Wirfs. 

He then has the Jets taking Jeudy. However, Wills is still on the board. So in this magical scenario, the Jets have their pick between Wills and Jeudy. So lets dream for a bit. Who would you choose? 

Jeudy or Wills? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-panthers-find-luke-kuechly-replacement-with-isaiah-simmons-eagles-land-tee-higgins/

• Upvote 1

If that is the scenario i am very confident douglas will pull the trigger on Wills right away.  From literally everything i've heard they want to go OT 1 and WR possibly 2/3. 

They may opt to go OT 1 EDGE 2 and WR 3 and 5 honestly because it's such a deep group.   Alot can change from now to the draft but as things stand right now Wills would be the pick.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, PepPep said:

New CBS Mock Draft from Chris Trapasso has the Panthers taking Simmons, which then has Brown slide and the Jags take him instead of a WR. Cards take Lamb to pair with his former college teammate Murray.  Browns take Wirfs. 

He then has the Jets taking Jeudy. However, Wills is still on the board. So in this magical scenario, the Jets have their pick between Wills and Jeudy. So lets dream for a bit. Who would you choose? 

Jeudy or Wills? 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2020-nfl-mock-draft-panthers-find-luke-kuechly-replacement-with-isaiah-simmons-eagles-land-tee-higgins/

Would love to see the Jets having that choice!  I'd assume they go Wills but Jeudy is hard to pass up as well.  I think the call on a decision like that might come down to just how successful they were in FA at those positions.  If Amari Coopers somehow became a Jet in March (unlikely) then Wills is the pick.  If Brandon Scherff and Jack Conklin were signed in FA (unlikely) then maybe Jeudy is the guy, they Draft a project LT in Round 2 or 3, and Beachum holds down the Left side for another year.

• Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

If that is the scenario i am very confident douglas will pull the trigger on Wills right away.  From literally everything i've heard they want to go OT 1 and WR possibly 2/3. 

They may opt to go OT 1 EDGE 2 and WR 3 and 5 honestly because it's such a deep group.   Alot can change from now to the draft but as things stand right now Wills would be the pick.

The Combine for the OT and WR positions will be Must-See TV for Jets fans.  How the Jets "tier" these guys on their Board will be critical.  Are there only 2 WRs in Tier 1? Are their 3 OTs or do the Jets see guys like Becton or Jackson as part of a Tier 1 group?

A very interesting Draft to be sure....made even more interesting thanks to the Giants sending us the #4 pick in Round 3 for Leo Williams.

• Upvote 2

I’m going by what others say about Wills at this point so I’m not really rock hard for one over the other currently.
I can say that I’m happy to have one of the two but if Wills is there it looks like he would have to be the pick. And I’d be happy with that.
If they bypassed the OL to take a player like Juedy I wouldn’t be all that upset either but I’m really hoping this is the year of OL.

Let’s see how FA and the combine go.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

On 1/15/2020 at 2:50 PM, jetstream23 said:

Would love to see the Jets having that choice!  I'd assume they go Wills but Jeudy is hard to pass up as well.  I think the call on a decision like that might come down to just how successful they were in FA at those positions.  If Amari Coopers somehow became a Jet in March (unlikely) then Wills is the pick.  If Brandon Scherff and Jack Conklin were signed in FA (unlikely) then maybe Jeudy is the guy, they Draft a project LT in Round 2 or 3, and Beachum holds down the Left side for another year.

NO!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

We have to go oline if one of the top guys is there, we can't be seduced by the shinier object.  There are going to be some quality WR types a bit lower.  I like the top two guys (lamb and Jeudy) but neither is a must have.

If Douglas had the balls to use 3 of the top 4 picks on oline and the other on a Wr I'd kiss the man.

• Upvote 1

If Jeudy is there (and the top 3 OL are gone), as tempting as it is to take him, I think Douglas auctions the pick.   Say to Philly or some other team desperate for a top WR.   He then picks OL later in the draft and pockets an extra second round pick or so.

Of course, it all depends on how FA goes.  If he signs a few OL, but loses Robby, then WR becomes a more interesting option.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

Of course, it all depends on how FA goes.  If he signs a few OL, but loses Robby, then WR becomes a more interesting option.

As much as it shouldn't I could see this coming into play. 

If Douglas passes on prime oline for other positions due to FA he instantly is as stupid as mccagnan.

You don;t build the oline via FA.  If a team lets an olineman get to FA there is often a reason and the jets should know this by now.

I'm not suggesting we have to go oline round 1 if the top guys are gone but if one of the top tackles is there for us and we will be very stupid to pass because we have signed a conkin.

• Upvote 1

I like it and would do the same.  The idea of Jeudy for Sam is too good to pass up.  There are plenty of 2nd/3rd RD OL prospect.  They could hypothetically get Juedy, Wanagho, Kindley with the first 3 picks.  That's just sick.  Probably pull a Lemiux or Sternberg too.  3 potential OL starters and the best WR in the draft.  Yes please. 

• Upvote 1

If we are able to double dip in FA like Conklin and Thuney, that may take the pressure off Douglass to take Wills.  In this scenario, if Anderson goes elsewhere, Jeudy might be the pick.  

Can’t imagine a scenario where Crowder is our #1 WR.

20 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Well, When ya say it like that...

i DO getcha...     for some inexplicable reason Jeudy gives me pause...     I mean..   he's almost the same damned build as Robby... a couple inches shorter...

it was my understanding that alot here wanted a BIG BODIED WR to out muscle DBS on 50/50s and use his body as a shield to provide the QB with a safe window to throw in....

16 hours ago, Losmeister said:

i DO getcha...     for some inexplicable reason Jeudy gives me pause...     I mean..   he's almost the same damned build as Robby... a couple inches shorter...

it was my understanding that alot here wanted a BIG BODIED WR to out muscle DBS on 50/50s and use his body as a shield to provide the QB with a safe window to throw in....

I don't love Juedy either. I just feel nervous about him. The last big WR draft in 2014 we watched as the Bills traded two first rd picks to move up to grab Sammy Watkins, When Mike Evans was head and shoulders a better, calmer player to me.  Watkins had all of the hype of the "best WR" in the draft and buffalo went for it to the tune of no first the following year.  Watkins is good but not two firsts good.

That's how I feel the Juedy hype is this year. I really hope JD has his own mind. That was the thing that bothered me, a Macchiato's supporter for too long, about our last GM. I feel like he bought whatever hype was out there. Say what you want about Gettleman, Dorsey, Gruden or even Pete Carrol. They take who they want to take. Not who they are supposed to take. 

I'm telling you now. I feel like Justin Jefferson of lsu will have the better career. I'm no scout obviously, but that's how I see it. He may be my favorite WR in this draft. 

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I don't love Juedy either. I just feel nervous about him. The last big WR draft in 2014 we watched as the Bills traded two first rd picks to move up to grab Sammy Watkins, When Mike Evans was head and shoulders a better, calmer player to me.  Watkins had all of the hype of the "best WR" in the draft and buffalo went for it to the tune of no first the following year.  Watkins is good but not two firsts good.

That's how I feel the Juedy hype is this year. I really hope JD has his own mind. That was the thing that bothered me, a Macchiato's supporter for too long, about our last GM. I feel like he bought whatever hype was out there. Say what you want about Gettleman, Dorsey, Gruden or even Pete Carrol. They take who they want to take. Not who they are supposed to take. 

I'm telling you now. I feel like Justin Jefferson of lsu will have the better career. I'm no scout obviously, but that's how I see it. He may be my favorite WR in this draft. 

good point about LSU's Jefferson. I lean toward Higgins, fwiw. also, good point about the gm having his won evaluations and not just falling in line with mock people.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

good point about LSU's Jefferson. I lean toward Higgins, fwiw. also, good point about the gm having his won evaluations and not just falling in line with mock people.

I like Higgins too. I would be very happy with him if we are able to trade back to the teens or early 20's. If we were to gain at least another 2nd rd pick in a deal like that,  we could grab Higgins, Biadasz and maybe one of the 2nd tier tackles. Bechton, Jackson or even Trey Adams, Wanoghu and Josh Jones who may just be the best of the bunch long term. 

We would need to make signing Beachum a priority in this scenario though. A lot of those guys need time to simmer a bit before being counted on to protect Darnold. 

Al of that said, I think I may take Jefferson over Higgins.  I'm not quite sure yet.

On 1/17/2020 at 12:46 PM, GREENBEAN said:

I’m going by what others say about Wills at this point so I’m not really rock hard for one over the other currently.
I can say that I’m happy to have one of the two but if Wills is there it looks like he would have to be the pick. And I’d be happy with that.
If they bypassed the OL to take a player like Juedy I wouldn’t be all that upset either but I’m really hoping this is the year of OL.

Let’s see how FA and the combine go.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

totally agree on seeing where things are after free agency.  if the jets manage to re-sign robbie or signing a robbie replacement then picking juedy may not be such an urgent choice and wills or oline should be the choice.  imo with pick 11 they need a guy who can get on the field from day 1.

• Upvote 1

How is this even up for argument. Darnold was literally running for his life and we are sitting here speculating which position to draft?!?

Willis, Thomas, Wirfs, Becton, maybe a passrusher or Okudah if he miraculously drops. But besides that Oline should be priotity, there will be plenty of talented WR's in the 2-4th rounds, maybe even the 5th and 6th with how loaded this WR class is. No reason to blow a 1st round pick on Jeudy or Lamb, who I'm convinced will even be the best WR's in this draft class.

On 1/22/2020 at 7:10 AM, GREENBEAN said:

I hear ya. And I actually agree about drafting Wills. If one of the top 3 OT is there at 11 I'm taking him, the Jets are just too desperate on O-line right now. And the WR depth in this class is crazy, there will be plenty of opportunities to take good one in Rd. 2 or 3. 

However, the argument that you just 'feel nervous' about Jeudy so he may not be a very good NFL player and the Jets shouldn't take him just holds no water. Him and Lamb (but mainly Jeudy) are head and shoulders the best WRs in this insanely talented group and the best I've seen in quite a while. Certainly since Watkins, OBJ and Evans in 2014. And we're not talking about the Jets giving up any draft picks to take him, we're talking about addressing a major need for a young, developing QB b/c let's face it Robby will most likely walk. And the fact is, OT is also pretty deep in this draft and a pretty darn good one will still be there in Rd. 2. 

Just saying, I agree, but a better argument def needs to be made for not taking Jeudy. I think he will be a monster in the NFL if he goes to the right team and if the Jets can manufacture another 1st round pick or address the O-line properly in FA, I would def. consider taking Jeudy and drafting an OT later, passing on Wills.