Let’s see your mock draft!

Rhg1084

4 hours ago, section314 said:

GM of the century, and we're only 3 weeks in!

It really felt perfect, although I left CeeDee Lamb on the Board at #11 with a tear in my eye. lol

I don't think any of the guys after Becton end up available in the spots I got them.  This was a lucky Draft, but I adapted to the flow of it well and hit premium positions like OT and Edge early, while solving some needs at WR and C with excellent players.

This won't happen in April unfortunately.

On 1/24/2020 at 5:01 PM, jetstream23 said:

Good stuff but the formatting in some of these posts is killin' me! lol

Not sure if you referring to mine... Listing names is great and all and taking screenshot of just your mock is good oo - but not explaining who these guys are, why you want them on jets, what their game is etc, list scouting reports with em - save readers work of looking em up and it's fun. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Not sure if you referring to mine... Listing names is great and all and taking screenshot of just your mock is good oo - but not explaining who these guys are, why you want them on jets, what their game is etc, list scouting reports with em - save readers work of looking em up and it's fun. 

I was scrolling through this thread on an iPhone the other day and it just became a bit unwieldy with lots of spacing between names, etc.  Agreed though...the more info and context, the better!

Hi, my name is JiF and I just restructured the Jets offense for future dominance. 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

Hi, my name is JiF and I just restructured the Jets offense for future dominance. 

I like the Akers pick.  He got lost at FSU because of their struggles, but he runs hard and has some quicks.  Catches the ball well even though he didn’t get a ton of receptions.   

Nick Harris’ stock is pretty low right now after getting bulldozed all week in Mobile.   

23 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I like the Akers pick.  He got lost at FSU because of their struggles, but he runs hard and has some quicks.  Catches the ball well even though he didn’t get a ton of receptions.   

Nick Harris’ stock is pretty low right now after getting bulldozed all week in Mobile.   

I think Akers projects safe with a high ceiling.  I dont really see a flaw in his game.  Does everything well and he's got everything you want physically in a RB.  Speed, power, cuts, game breaking, good hands, blocks, etc.  Feel very strong he's the next mid round RB gem.

Harris did bomb, kind of forgot about that when picking him, not to say that's the end all be all but there were others OL options as well that I could have selected that would have contributed to the future dominance. 

I do a lot of these things and the last one I did I took 3 olineman with the 1st three picks, (Thomas, Prince and the michigan center) then a CB with my 2nd 3rd round pick and still got a couple of Wr's I really liked and a TE I liked.

Even though I like Lamb and Jeudy I really hope we are not essentially forced to take a Wr with our 1st pick.

Okay, back to Rock out with my Mock out again!  Took a different approach here and double-dipped at WR in Rounds 2 and 3 after landing the OT in Round 1.

33309591_ScreenShot2020-02-03at7_53_42PM.png.5fef8e32b44f1d4d16709e6638c8e4a9.png

Some highlight stuff on Mims...

I like his size, hands, and some good route-running.  They seem to have him run a variety of things in the route tree.  Nice focus on some contested stuff.

from a few weeks ago

11) Tristan Wirfs   {OT}
48) Isaiah Wilson   {OT}
68) JK Dobbins      {RB}
79 ) Denzel Mims    {WR}
110) Ben Bredeson   {IOL}
140) Chase Claypool {WR}
171) Tommy Kraemer  {IOL}
202) Tipa Galea'i   {Edge}
----------------------------------------------

last week

11)  Tristan Wirfs   {OT}
48)  JK Dobbins      {RB}
68)  Van Jefferson   {WR}
79)  Darrell Taylor  {Edge}
110) Ben Bredeson    {IOL}
140) Chase Claypool  {WR}
171) Jon Runyon      {OT}
202) Levonta Taylor  {CB}

----------------------------------------------

yesterday

11)  Mekhi Becton    {OT}
48)  J.K. Dobbins    {RB}
68)  Denzel Mims     {WR}
79)  Van Jefferson   {WR}
110) Ben Bredeson    {IOL}
140) Jon Runyan      {OT}
171) Chase Claypool  {WR}
202) Rodrigo Blankenship {K}

Since this is the Mock Draft thread I figured we could have some fun here.  How about we....

1. Try doing a Mock Draft where you ONLY take one position, position group or phase of the game....WRs, OLine, all Defense, etc.

2. Try doing a Mock Draft where you take ONLY SEC players

3. Try doing a Mock Draft where you ONLY take Seniors

Just kicking around some fun ways to do this.  I'll take a shot at #1 and go 5 rounds...

• Sympathy 1

A "Nothing but Defense" Draft through 5 rounds....

1228469561_ScreenShot2020-02-04at1_18_08PM.png.12844c9c1c4d3b107e7de7f149fe6382.png

One thing I noticed was that Defense seems to disappear quickly when doing a mock draft this way.  Epenesa was there at 11 but it was really slim pickings at that spot.  Chaisson and Kinlaw were really the only two other options picking at #11.  Baun at #48 was good and I wouldn't mind if that's how the Jets actually went in Round 2 assuming they'd hit Offense in Round 1.

I'd suggest everyone try doing a Mock Draft as if the JETS NEEDS WERE DIFFERENT than they really are right now.  What if....the Jets were hurting at DLine and LB more than they are at OLine, WR, etc.?

I'm starting to realize just how well this Draft lines up with the Jets needs.

I'd probably start screaming at the Jets if they ignored OLine completely until Round 3, but I did find some value which, depending on how the Jets did with OLine in FA I might not be totally against this kind of Draft.  CeeDee Lamb and Baun could be immediate impact guys on each side of the ball.

675417675_ScreenShot2020-02-05at9_02_31AM.png.056691b7b51643ce6a915bfe5e1a6e3f.png

Want to torture yourself?

Try a Mock Draft where you pretend the Jets have another team's picks.  I selected the Dolphins but drafted as if I were the Jets and....whoa nelly!!!

How about getting an elite starting CB, a starting Center, Left Tackle and Right Tackle, and 2 or 3 potential starting WRs, etc.  (I took 6 WRs. lol)

779625545_ScreenShot2020-02-10at8_13_34PM.png.cd71e8b6bce92846f600cb2f1db7d5dd.png

On 2/5/2020 at 4:03 AM, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Check out Alex Taylor from South Carolina State

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

He has some crazy length but his tape is not very impressive. It also sounds like he was abused at the Senior Bowl which is never a good thing.

Someone will pull the trigger because he measured in at 6084 with 36"+ arms but I see a total project that would take a couple of years if he makes it.

44 minutes ago, RobR said:

He has some crazy length but his tape is not very impressive. It also sounds like he was abused at the Senior Bowl which is never a good thing.

Someone will pull the trigger because he measured in at 6084 with 36"+ arms but I see a total project that would take a couple of years if he makes it.

That's what 7th round picks are for.

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That's what 7th round picks are for.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went higher to a talent rich OL team that can keep him on their 53 and deactivate him for a year. I'd probably pass on him entirely hoping I could get someone better in that 5-6-7 round range. 

Boring day at work, so playing around with TDN mock draft machine:

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Pretty much perfect. Wouldn’t mind a center in round 2 or 3 if jefferson and baun aren’t there respectively.

I've been thinking that Round 3 would be the perfect spot for an Edge rusher after getting an OLineman and a WR in Round 1 and 2, but with the mock drafts I'm seeing lately I get the feeling that my two favorite Edge guys (Baun and Uche) may both be gone by Round 3.