Let’s see your mock draft!

Rhg1084

5 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Dude.....a few nice picks but jalen frickin hurts and a LB?

I don;t mind the TE pick though.

If Hurts is available in the 3rd round, I'd pull the trigger. The LB was really the only player I knew at that position that deep in the draft. Once you get past the 3rd round, unless you're a CF fan like that,  it's hard to know alot of these players. 

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the format but this Mock, imho, is the SAM DARNOLD WEAPONS DRAFT.  After this draft, within two years we should have a top 5 offense. 
    New_York_Jets_logo.svg.png

New York Jets

USER PICK

Henry Ruggs III

WR, Alabama

New York Jets

USER PICK

Josh Jones

OT, Houston

New York Jets

USER PICK

Antonio Gibson

RB, Memphis

New York Jets

USER PICK

Chase Claypool

WR, Notre Dame

New York Jets

USER PICK

Alex Highsmith

EDGE, Charlotte

New York Jets

USER PICK

Alex Taylor

OT, South Carolina State

New York Jets

USER PICK

Joe Reed

WR, Virginia

New York Jets

USER PICK

Adrian Killins Jr.

RB, UCF
on-the-clock-2020.02a4b5f.716.png

YOU'RE ON THE CLOCK

You've watched all the tape, you know the stats. Now make your pick.

• Upvote 2

After seeing JD in action for the past 11 months, I tried to do a mock draft the way I think he will.

First, I do not think he will draft an edge rusher. That is a luxury item and we need too many of life's essentials. Also, seeing how well GW did with a Defensive front 7 decimated by injuries to LBs and powered by no names along the D line, I figure he'll rely on GW having most of the same guys in his system for a second year and the impact of a returning CJ Mosely. JD will concentrate on CB help for the D.

IMO the O will be O line and WRs with a late pick on a RB. As to the WR, there will be no WR in round 1. First, our HC has a poor reputation for getting along with #1 WR personalities and secondly, under his system you do not force the ball to a #1 WR.  Instead, the prime target for every game changes depending upon the D you are playing. I believe JD will view the WR depth of the draft as a blessing and target 2 WRs in the 50 to 100 pick range. As to O line, don't be fooled by the FA signings. Fant is going to battle out with Edoga for RT and we will re-sign Beachum if we don't find a starting RT in the draft. And McGovern will slide to G if we draft a better C. The point is to make the O line a much better and deeper position unit. So, JD will be picking 2 or 3 O lineman.

I used a mock draft simulator with trading. I traded back 7 spots from 48 to 55 and improved pick 120 by 28 spots to 92.  I do think that if JD finds himself "reaching" for a WR, CB or O lineman, he will trade back with the intention of getting his player later on.

11. Mekhi Becton OT Louisvile - higher ranked OT's off the board. Rather than give in to the temptation to picking a WR, I tried to trade back a few spots but could not work out a deal. Took Becton as the BA OT. It didn't hurt that he has the highest ceiling of the OTs. If he's not ready to start at LT, sign Beachum as the starter and his mentor, and work Becton into a rotation during the season as his play allows.

55. Jaylon Johnson CB Utah -   Filled a position of need with a talent that checks all of the boxes for a GW's CB.

68. Michael Pittman, Jr WR USC - 6'4" 220 lbs coming off 101 receptions with over 1,200 yards. At 68! Proof positive of the ridiculous depth at WR in this year's draft.

79. Lloyd Cushenberry C LSU - Successful C from a big time program who faced top D's throughout a championship run. Can he force McGovern to G? Competition is how great units are born.

92. Donovan Peoples-Jones WR USC -  The biggest crime in Ann Arbor last season was their inability to get the ball into this guy's hands. He is destined for a far better pro career than college. Can return punts too.

158. Shane Lemieux G Oregon - filling the O line coffers with depth and a potential future starter. Goodbye Brian "drive killing penalty" Winters. 

191. Neville Clark CB UCF - press CB with ideal size. Can do well in GW's system.

211. Sewo Olonilua RB TCU - Suspended for half of 2019 for drug arrest. Former 4 star recruit. Good receiver out of the backfield, special teams tackler and kick returner. Potential to fill multiple roles. 

I am not saying that this is exactly how the draft will go, but I do think it will follow this model. Heavy on O lineman and 2 WRs after the first round. If JD can fix the problems at CB and O line this season, drafting becomes far easier next season. How lucky is he to be in need of O lineman and WRs in THIS draft?

Love this draft:

11: R1P11

OT ANDREW THOMAS
GEORGIA
48: R2P16

C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY
LSU
68: R3P4
RB CLYDE EDWARDS-HELAIRE
LSU
79: R3P15

G DAMIEN LEWIS
LSU
120: R4P14

EDGE NICK COE
AUBURN
158: R5P12

CB A.J. GREEN
OKLAHOMA STATE
191: R6P12

WR JEFF THOMAS
MIAMI
211: R6P32

WR AARON FULLER
WASHINGTON

My mock has the broncos trading up to jump ahead of the raiders and 49ers to grab their choice of wr. I know it won't be a popular move but I wanted to have fun with it. Compensation in my mock is 15, 77 and a 4th next year.

15) Andrew thoamas ot

48) tee Higgins wr

68) Micheal pitmann jr wr

77) Bryce hall cb

79) Matthew Peart ot

120) Tyler biadasz oc

158) Lamar Jackson cb

191) Trevon Hill edge

211) Rodrigo Blankenship k

I believe this draft gives us youth and depth that can come in and compete and hopefully work their way into longer term starter roles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I did the PFN simulator which seemed more realistic then the draftnetwork.  

WR is going to be real interesting - in this simulation the run happened before our 2nd round pick and yes there is a risk, but Baun seemed to be by far the BPA there and thankfully Aiyuk fell to the top of the 3rd.  

NYJ 11.
Andrew Thomas
OT  Georgia

NYJ 48.
Zack Baun
OLB  Wisconsin

NYJ 68.
Brandon Aiyuk
WR  Arizona State

NYJ 79.
Michael Pittman Jr.
WR  USC

NYJ 120.
Jonah Jackson
G  Ohio State

NYJ 158.
Nick Harris
C  Washington

NYJ 191.
Julian Blackmon
CB  Utah

NYJ 211.
Lamar Jackson CB Nebraska
  • Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

WR is going to be real interesting - in this simulation the run happened before our 2nd round pick and yes there is a risk, but Baun seemed to be by far the BPA there and thankfully Aiyuk fell to the top of the 3rd.  

NYJ 11.
Andrew Thomas
OT  Georgia

NYJ 48.
Zack Baun
OLB  Wisconsin

NYJ 68.
Brandon Aiyuk
WR  Arizona State

NYJ 79.
Michael Pittman Jr.
WR  USC

NYJ 120.
Jonah Jackson
G  Ohio State

NYJ 158.
Nick Harris
C  Washington

NYJ 191.
Julian Blackmon
CB  Utah

NYJ 211.

My preferred site too. I like the trade option. BTW, I’ve never seen Pittman available any later than 68. 

This one threw me a curveball in Round 2 that I just couldn't pass up.  Can't imagine Epenesa being available after 40.  I like the balance between Offense and Defense here.  Getting a Tier 1 OT and then 2 of the Top 10 WRs while also double-dipping at CB would be great.  Also, tapped a potential RB of the future.

I'd be psyched if this is how things went in April for us.  Would be a good Year 1 kickstart for Joe D...

1968054521_ScreenShot2020-03-28at8_41_59PM.png.6c91c8d6de96f042646ea0411cb14ffd.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, BCJet said:

NYJ 11.
Andrew Thomas
OT  Georgia

NYJ 48.
Zack Baun
OLB  Wisconsin

NYJ 68.
Brandon Aiyuk
WR  Arizona State

NYJ 79.
Michael Pittman Jr.
WR  USC

NYJ 120.
Jonah Jackson
G  Ohio State

NYJ 158.
Nick Harris
C  Washington

NYJ 191.
Julian Blackmon
CB  Utah

NYJ 211.

I would kill for those first 4 picks.

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I think I like Peoples- Jones is better than Pittman. What site are you mock drafting on? I'm doing fanspeak

I used profootballnetwork.  

Im hung up on Pittman after hearing that he struggled with drops early on and then stayed after practice every day to use the juggs and worked his way into a very low drop rate.  He also has outstanding football character.  

• Upvote 3

Tried a different direction:  I like it:

WR HENRY RUGGS III
ALABAMA

WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR.
USC

G DAMIEN LEWIS
LSU

C CESAR RUIZ
MICHIGAN

EDGE ANFERNEE JENNINGS
ALABAMA

G JON RUNYAN
MICHIGAN

CB STANFORD SAMUELS III
FLORIDA STATE

S J.R. REED
GEORGIA
  • Upvote 2

Mock remaining offseason & draft (f*ck it, I'm bored)

Jets sign Jason Peters & Tony Jefferson

Jets trade Marcus Maye to Dallas for a third rounder (after the Jets extend Adams, there is no way that they are going to extend Maye as well next year). 

Jets swap 1st round picks with the Eagles and pick up the Eagles 2nd rounder and 4th rounder

Jets trade their 2nd rounder from the Eagles to the Ravens for Matt Judon and extend him. 

Mock draft using the draft network's simulator

1) Andrew Thomas - Thomas drops and the Jets step in sh!t. 

2) Brandon Aiyuk - I'm higher on him than some of you, but I think he fits what the Jets are looking for. Game breaking speed and good route running. Offers KR & PR value as well. 

3) Bryce Hall (CB from VA) - Had his season cut short due to injury, but he was lights out in 2018. Big, physical corner. 

3) Willie Gay Jr. (LB from MSU) - 5 star recruit whose career never really took off at MSU, but he blew up the combine. Might be a better pro than college player. 

3) Tyler Johnson (WR from Minn.) - Analytics pick who was one of PFF's top rated WRs last year. Excellent Route Runner. 

4) Bradlee Anae (Edge from Utah) - I'm not a huge Anae fan, but in the 4th he as too good to pass up. 

4) Tyler Biadasz (IOL from Wisconsin) - See above. I think Biadasz is more the guy we saw in 2018 than the injured player we saw in 2019. 

5) Darrynton Evans (RB from App. State) - smaller school lightning bug who should thrive in the outside zone scheme. 

6) Lamar Jackson (CB from Nebraska) - Big, developmental CB prospect. 

6) Stanford Samuels III (CB from FSU) - See above

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, NYDreamer said:

WR HENRY RUGGS III
ALABAMA

WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR.
USC

G DAMIEN LEWIS
LSU

C CESAR RUIZ
MICHIGAN

EDGE ANFERNEE JENNINGS
ALABAMA

G JON RUNYAN
MICHIGAN

CB STANFORD SAMUELS III
FLORIDA STATE

S J.R. REED
GEORGIA

I would absolutely love giving Sam two weapons like Ruggs and Pittman! Wow 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

WR HENRY RUGGS III
ALABAMA

WR MICHAEL PITTMAN JR.
USC

G DAMIEN LEWIS
LSU

C CESAR RUIZ
MICHIGAN

EDGE ANFERNEE JENNINGS
ALABAMA

G JON RUNYAN
MICHIGAN

CB STANFORD SAMUELS III
FLORIDA STATE

S J.R. REED
GEORGIA

Re-sign Beachum and have Fant and Edoga compete for RT.

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2020 at 9:41 AM, BCJet said:

NYJ 11.
Andrew Thomas
OT  Georgia

NYJ 48.
Zack Baun
OLB  Wisconsin

NYJ 68.
Brandon Aiyuk
WR  Arizona State

NYJ 79.
Michael Pittman Jr.
WR  USC

NYJ 120.
Jonah Jackson
G  Ohio State

NYJ 158.
Nick Harris
C  Washington

NYJ 191.
Julian Blackmon
CB  Utah

NYJ 211.

Been playing with this and a cowboys trade up to 11 where we pickup there 2nd and swap back in the 3rd and 5th with them. Opens up a lot of options. 

17 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

That was from DraftNetwork. I’ve used both. Fanspeak has more options and settings but DraftNetwork is a better interface IMO. 

Draftnetwork's big board is horrific though. guys projected to go in the first 2 rounds lasting til the 6th-7th smh lol. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Traded out of 11 w/cowboys again. Also slid down a bit from 48 picking up a 6th from the Rams. Would have preferred to pickup one of the big tackles early but this wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Screenshot_20200329-211739.thumb.png.503b1e521ade7faa6a57fb27b18d5c3b.png

LOL...Darnold would jizz his pants if he saw those 3 WRs all drafted.  Not a fan of Wilson at RT....I just think he's not the style/type of OT the Jets want for their zone blocking scheme, but he's a good value at 79.  McFarland has been one of my favorite picks in that #120 spot.  I think the 4th round is ripe for a RB (or even a TE if one of the Top 2 or 3 are still available).  McFarland Eno Benjamin seem like decent candidates for a middle round RB.

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

LOL...Darnold would jizz his pants if he saw those 3 WRs all drafted.  Not a fan of Wilson at RT....I just think he's not the style/type of OT the Jets want for their zone blocking scheme, but he's a good value at 79.  McFarland has been one of my favorite picks in that #120 spot.  I think the 4th round is ripe for a RB (or even a TE if one of the Top 2 or 3 are still available).  McFarland Eno Benjamin seem like decent candidates for a middle round RB.

I think I would too! You saw the article about Jets being really into McFarland, right?

• Upvote 1