Netflix Aaron Hernandez Documentary

JTJet

11 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

To me, he was clearly a Sociopath.  That wasn’t from Brain trama.

Yep.  I agree.  His road to being a murderer certainly had the "wheels greased" by a Dad who was very tough on him, his repression of his homosexuality, and perhaps a dose of CTE.  But he was always headed in a bad direction seemingly from the beginning.  Clear sociopathic tendencies, which are pretty much entirely genetic.  

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Did you watch it?  It was super interesting - football player or not -If for nothing else, it’s a case study on a serial killer.

Yep, its compelling stuff.  The stuff with Alexander Bradley was interesting too; how they were pinning other murders on him that Hernandez may well have committed or been a part of.  

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep, its compelling stuff.  The stuff with Alexander Bradley was interesting too; how they were pinning other murders on him that Hernandez may well have committed or been a part of.  

All of the pieces with Ryan O’Callaghan were very interesting.  Really felt for him.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

All of the pieces with Ryan O’Callaghan were very interesting.  Feel for that as well.

Yep.  How he allowed himself to get "ugly" so he had an excuse for not getting women and to not out himself as gay.

I hope this toxic masculinity in football (and all of the culture) someday goes away entirely.  It's possible to be a tough guy while still having some compassion for others.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

20 hours ago, Losmeister said:

Maybe if he got drafted to Minnesot and away from all those broke-ass fools he was running with....

Yup....

I loved that he asked BB to be traded so he can get away from trouble (from someone that was trying to kill him) and BB told him no - but to get a safer apartment.

Class Act.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, roscoeword said:

Wouldn't trash Brady for anything having to do with Hernandez. I remember seeing where after the game, Brady and Tebow are talking about him (since Tebow went to same school as Hernandez), and they are concerned about him. All this, way before he the episode was revealed. Anybody ever see that?

We can certainly trash the Patriots. In ep3 Hernandez goes directly to Belichick and explains he's in personal danger and requests a trade. Belichick flat out says no and to make it worse the Patriots don't notify any authorities at all. The only thing they do is help him secure a secret apartment for him to take shelter in. Absolute garbage organization. The stuff they have pulled over the last 20 years in the name of winning is revolting.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Can't believe anyone would give this the time of day.

Cant believe anyone hates the Pats so much that they wouldn't watch an interesting documentary about a psychotic player from that team who crashed and burn as badly as he did and cost the Pats plenty.  

Just saying

• Sympathy 1

Just finished this ... Pretty good ...tragedy all around ... Doesn't make him a good guy at all ... But the circumstances of his life were pretty tragic.

I learned a lot ... Never knew he was gay. The gay guys in the league have it pretty tough ... I wonder if it's any easier these days.

Also never knew Kraft testified ... The Pats definitely did not come out of this smelling like roses.

Anyway ... Was better than I expected.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2020 at 1:41 AM, GreenFish said:

Just looked up what angel dust is. Holy crap. Stuff sounds lethal. Makes you see dragons and demons apparently.

Best quote I read describing angel dust. “If you see a wet, naked guy in the station wearing a pair of handcuffs, that’s a PCP user.”

It’s big in the DC area

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching this.  A really well done series - compelling stuff.

What's amazing is that there were so many warning signs with this guy, and they were just ignored.  Not missed, completely ignored - just because he was a talented athlete.

From the rabbit-punch to the bartender, to other trouble at Florida, to the drug use, the secret second apartment, etc, etc. His college / pro teams knew about it all. But they ignored it, and enabled it, and that probably helped create the impression that he was untouchable in his own head.

Incredible that he seemingly killed two innocent, hard-working men over spilling a drink - and got away with it. 

His crimes were so inept, and he left so much evidence, that it's amazing that he got away with it all for as long as he did.

It took him shooting essentially his own brother in law in what was virtually the back yard of his own house, without destroying any of the evidence, for him to finally get caught.

Just incredible.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Just finished watching this.  A really well done series - compelling stuff.

What's amazing is that there were so many warning signs with this guy, and they were just ignored.  Not missed, completely ignored - just because he was a talented athlete.

From the rabbit-punch to the bartender, to other trouble at Florida, to the drug use, the secret second apartment, etc, etc. His college / pro teams knew about it all. But they ignored it, and enabled it, and that probably helped create the impression that he was untouchable in his own head.

Incredible that he seemingly killed two innocent, hard-working men over spilling a drink - and got away with it. 

His crimes were so inept, and he left so much evidence, that it's amazing that he got away with it all for as long as he did.

It took him shooting essentially his own brother in law in what was virtually the back yard of his own house, without destroying any of the evidence, for him to finally get caught.

Just incredible.

Sorry but none of those "warning" signs say murderer. 

On 1/17/2020 at 2:02 PM, Apache 51 said:

No. I just think the guy was a scumbag, not worthy of my time. I know some people are into this kinda stuff.

Its like any other documentary about folks with issues. If you dont watch any docs related to murderers thats fine but if you have in the past and are avoiding this because he was a patriot then you are doing yourself a disservice. Its a very interesting documentary 

• Upvote 1

So after watching this i agree that he was a stone cold sociopath. I also agree that he was fully homosexual and had to repress it.

do you guys think the sole reason he offed himself was his homosexuality being exposed or that he wanted his family to get the contract dough?

i think it was the homo thing 100%

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

So after watching this i agree that he was a stone cold sociopath. I also agree that he was fully homosexual and had to repress it.

do you guys think the sole reason he offed himself was his homosexuality being exposed or that he wanted his family to get the contract dough?

I think the rich part was a silver lining 

20 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

i think it was the money thing.

Pretty sure he killed himself for a combination of factors including the likelihood of spending life in jail while being outed as gay (which in his mind was a horrible thing) along with the benefit of helping his daughter. 

It's a compelling story that makes me wonder, more than anything, what his life would have been like if he was raised by normal parents and wasn't forced to repress his homosexuality,

On 1/17/2020 at 5:36 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

We can certainly trash the Patriots. In ep3 Hernandez goes directly to Belichick and explains he's in personal danger and requests a trade. Belichick flat out says no and to make it worse the Patriots don't notify any authorities at all. The only thing they do is help him secure a secret apartment for him to take shelter in. Absolute garbage organization. The stuff they have pulled over the last 20 years in the name of winning is revolting.

Bellichick is running a business. Suspect the Pats knew the whole time Hernandez was a questionable guy, but nobody could've contemplated all that.

The problem with Aaron Hernandez was Aaron Hernandez. There was never going to be what alcoholics call the delusion of a geographic cure, i.e, move away and your problems will go away. Your pathologies are part of you no matter where you go. All the bad stuff-dad dying in his teens, sheetbag mom, substance abuse, gang activity, being gay, CTE-played a role. But Hernandez was a manipulator; he knew his football skill allowed people to let him get away with things small and then over time way bigger. And knew right from wrong. And to pretend he had no agency in his bad decisions is disgusting. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Pretty sure he killed himself for a combination of factors including the likelihood of spending life in jail while being outed as gay (which in his mind was a horrible thing) along with the benefit of helping his daughter. 

It's a compelling story that makes me wonder, more than anything, what his life would have been like if he was raised by normal parents and wasn't forced to repress his homosexuality,

He would probably still be a sociopath just a gay one with normal parents.  Probably be a good house renovation contractor.  

21 hours ago, HighPitch said:

First, “the homo thing,” is not cool. At all. 

Second, I only opened this thread to comment that I thought they leaned way to heavily on the gay angle, having that other gay player -who, to my knowledge, has never killed anyone- commenting on Hernandez without having ever met him. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, HighPitch said:

I'm heterosexual and the hetro thing never made me want to kill myself.  There were a few women who drove me bat sh*t crazy.  Probably doesn't count.

On 1/29/2020 at 4:18 PM, Philc1 said:

Hernandez was a typical jock bully he beat up a waiter in college gimme a break with this CTE nonsense people making excuses for him he was a piece of sh t playing for pieces of sh t

Theyre not making excuses, theyre laying the groundwork for a lawsuit.

Its all about the money, the gravy train is dead so...