The most "New York" movie?

On 1/19/2020 at 7:38 PM, Bugg said:

Saw "Soft White Underbelly" there. Some oddity that Blue Oyster Cult's record company wouldn't let them tour arenas under a  certain size, so they instead pretended to be that to play local beer money  shows. Only a year or 2 before , saw them  on a joint bill at MSG with Dio/Black Sabbath. Think the record company knew and it was all BS, but a great show both times. 

I remember that well. Iron maiden did a similar stunt when they played lamours under something like charlotte the harlotte

• Sympathy 1

On 1/18/2020 at 10:28 AM, munchmemory said:

Couple more:  My wife suggested The Devil Wears Prada.  Meryl Streep is great in it and I wanted to bang Emily Blunt.

I'll add a Charles Bronson classic:  Death Wish.

This is my favorite post because the guy tried to blame "his wife" for his first choice being Devil Wears Prada, and then he still didn't feel manly enough, so he threw Death Wish out there.

On 1/19/2020 at 9:24 AM, Bugg said:

As a Lamour metalhead teen growing up in Brooklyn at the time, hated the movie and hated disco. But the Bee Gees songs on the soundtrack are really good stuff. Oddly the Bee Gees wrote the music on spec without seeing any of the movie. The producers geave them some ideas about the plot, and they came up with the rest. Their songs hold up way better than a lot of music of any style from that time. 

The movie grows on me only as a piece of complete fiction. There were some very dumb cuigines back them, but from the movies you would think Brooklyn was a gorilla convention. Simply not the case . There was a lot more crossover than you might think.Sometimes Italian guys would go to rock concerts and Irish guys would go to dance clubs. 

"Staying Alive", the sequel, on the other hand, could be one of the worst money grab pieces of s__ ever made.

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

As a kid from Rockaway, I have to throw in an Honorable Mention...The Flamingo Kid. LOL.

The Marine Parkway Bridge as the kinda opening sequence....

Scorcese shot some footage of "The Irishman" along the roadway leading to the Silver Gull with old cars. Not clear to me watching it if any of it was  actually used. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/18/2020 at 3:10 PM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

Goodfellas

tumblr_m6leirZqWw1qz7mamo1_1280.jpg

On 1/15/2020 at 9:56 PM, The Crimson King said:

Hmmm ….

Bronx Tale, Goodfellas and Once Upon a Time in America come to mind but my vote is for The Wanderers 

It's actually called "Goodfellows"

• Haha 2