Arrest warrant issued for OBJ

Vudu

36 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I watched the video. Cop was in locker room bugging a player about a bottle of Gatorade. Was being an ass about it too. Very rude.

OBJ was clearly wasted and acting like a total idiot in the background but this was such a little thing in the end lol. Cop must of thought “who the hell are you to touch an officer of the law.” and proceeded to get him for simple battery. 

A lot of these officer’s power trips are something serious smh. as much as I dislike OBJ this was over the top and could of been left alone, or even better, laughed off. 

imo.

Maybe he should have thrown water like they do to the Police in NYC??

18 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

And that is the problem with a lot of authorities, imo. 

They’d taze him because they can. Just like they pressed charges on him because they can

The cop was smacked on the ass.  The cop didn't taze him.  The cop didn't arrest him at the time.  The problem with a "lot of authorities" doesn't apply to this guy because, first of all, he's not all the other authorities and he didn't taze him, arrest him, etc.  Just like what some other NFL players do criminally doesn't apply to OBJ.  Should OBJ carry the burden of "a lot of NFL players" like Xavien Howard, Kameron Kelly and Mark Walton who are all NFL players arrested in the past 2 months?  He shouldn't.  He's his own person.

The cop was a dick and was probably too hard-headed about trying to do his job in the LSU locker room, but he did show some restraint after being hit.  Maybe once the video came out and he knew he could file the charges without getting obliterated in the public that he was lying about OBJ doing this and fabricating a story I think he probably decided to file the charges.

36 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If the officer felt this was sexual assault, he should have arrested him right then and there. Why the warrant now?

Evidence is my guess.  The video.  Nobody believes cops these days. People wouldn't have believed him if there wasn't video.  That's probably why he took the steps now.

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

The cop was smacked on the ass.  The cop didn't taze him.  The cop didn't arrest him at the time.  The problem with a "lot of authorities" doesn't apply to this guy because, first of all, he's not all the other authorities and he didn't taze him, arrest him, etc.  Just like what some other NFL players do criminally doesn't apply to OBJ.  Should OBJ carry the burden of "a lot of NFL players" like Xavien Howard, Kameron Kelly and Mark Walton who are all NFL players arrested in the past 2 months?  He shouldn't.  He's his own person.

The cop was a dick and was probably too hard-headed about trying to do his job in the LSU locker room, but he did show some restraint after being hit.  Maybe once the video came out and he knew he could file the charges without getting obliterated in the public that he was lying about OBJ doing this and fabricating a story I think he probably decided to file the charges.

I think you need to read what I was responding to.

i can see a lot of emotion attached to this post and this thread — again — I’m leaving it alone. We can disagree with each other here, that’s okay. We usually agree about everything else.

• Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I am sorry, but from what I saw I disagree.  This is a major overreaction. 

Not a good idea by Beckham, but arresting him?  Was that really criminal?

Here's the video 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/16/odell-beckham-simple-battery-warrant-locker-room-butt-slap-lsu/

What do you think would happen to you if you did the same thing?  Let me answer for you, you’d be arrested.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Yes, if this situation were totally different, people would probably feel totally different about it. 

Really?  How different is...

"A former LSU player smacked the ass of a male police officer from behind in the locker room following the National Championship Game"

from...

"A former LSU player smacked the ass of a female police officer from behind in the locker room following the National Championship Game" ?

Hint: One of them has a dick. lol

54 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Sounds like someone(the alleged "victim") is looking for a little media attention.  OBJ should just lock himself in a room.

I get it wasn't a big deal, its not a big deal legally either.  $1000 max fine?  Didnt he hand that out on the sidelines?  LOL

Seriously, on its own its a nothing situation.  But it just seems to keep happening to him.  No one else.

It does look silly, cop could have let it be 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Did you see the video though?

My initial reaction upon hearing this was the same....guessing that OBJ gave a security guard a playful "player slap" the same way coaches smack a guy on the rear when he comes off the field following a good play.

This was not that.

He sized up the guard in the locker room and smacked the dudes ass, then OBJ backed up from the guard knowing what he did wasn't right, then seemed to mock or taunt the guy.

This wasn't harmless fun.  This was a rich, entitled prick thinking he's on his home turf in the LSU locker room and essentially bullying a security guard.

In a world that overreacts to trivial things this was something that shouldn't be ignored or let slide IMO.

Unfortunately, we can't deal with this the way it used to be.

The guard would have punched him in the face, and nobody would have helped OBJ, because everybody would have looked at him and said "You deserved that bro...you were being a dick."

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Evidence is my guess.  The video.  Nobody believes cops these days. People wouldn't have believed him if there wasn't video.  That's probably why he took the steps now.

Eh, I don't know. 

This sounds like a lame excuse to me. People get arrested all the time for battery, resisting arrest, etc. without video evidence. 

Just now, CanadaSteve said:

Unfortunately, we can't deal with this the way it used to be.

The guard would have punched him in the face, and nobody would have helped OBJ, because everybody would have looked at him and said "You deserved that bro...you were being a dick."

Very true.  I also don't think OBJ deserved a punch in the face, although if he smacked the ass of a female reporter and she turned around and punched him nobody would have a problem with it.  Could you imagine if the officer who was assaulted had tried to arrest OBJ in that locker room?  I won't even speculate as to how that would have went down but I do not think it would have been pretty.

What OBJ did was wrong.  Is it criminal?  Not up to me to decide.  But I'd hope everyone agrees that it's wrong.

The idea that because you don't like the way a police officer (or anyone) is talking to someone (and it's someone else, it wasn't even OBJ's conversation) that you can come up from behind and smack them anywhere....the ass, the arm, the face, etc.....is just ridiculous.

This is why society is going to sh*t.  A teacher tells a kid to stop talking in the classroom or to put his phone away because he's distracting the class.  Should the kid verbally accost the teacher and push him/her?  Are we saying that's okay now?  Even better, the parents usually come in and sue the school because the teacher yelled at little Johnny.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

LOL wut.

he didn’t size anyone up. He got behind him and gave him a little slap on the cheeks when he was inspecting the bottle. This should totally be ignored. Yeah OBj is still a dumbass but wtf no, this wasn’t that bad at all. 

So if some guy did that to you in a bar and laughed you'd walk away, nothing said?   or better, do it to a cop yourself next one you see and report back.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

34 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Saw the film.. OBJ is a jerk off. If I were the cop, I'd be pissed.

Sure, and he should have turned around and said something along the lines of, "I don't care who you are - how rich you are - don't ever touch me," and gone about his business.  And then moved on.  Or, if you needed to, have him removed at the time of the incident.  My hot fire take is that the cop is pressing charges because the video is making the rounds and embarrassing him.

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Eh, I don't know. 

This sounds like a lame excuse to me. People get arrested all the time for battery, resisting arrest, etc. without video evidence. 

I agree.  But it becomes much easier and more believable when everyone can see what happened.  How many women don't report rapes because they don't think they'll be believed.....then two years later the guy who raped them is arrested for raping someone else and that pushes the first victim to come forward because she now knows she's more likely to be believed?

The reaction of OBJ to this is more telling than the security guard's reaction IMO.  OBJ does a bit of a hit and run.  He smacks the guy and then jumps back with his eyebrows raised like he knew it wasn't right and he expected a reaction, unsure of exactly what kind of reaction he'd get.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Very true.  I also don't think OBJ deserved a punch in the face, although if he smacked the ass of a female reporter and she turned around and punched him nobody would have a problem with it.  Could you imagine if the officer who was assaulted had tried to arrest OBJ in that locker room?  I won't even speculate as to how that would have went down but I do not think it would have been pretty.

What OBJ did was wrong.  Is it criminal?  Not up to me to decide.  But I'd hope everyone agrees that it's wrong.

The idea that because you don't like the way a police officer (or anyone) is talking to someone (and it's someone else, it wasn't even OBJ's conversation) that you can come up from behind and smack them anywhere....the ass, the arm, the face, etc.....is just ridiculous.

This is why society is going to sh*t.  A teacher tells a kid to stop talking in the classroom or to put his phone away because he's distracting the class.  Should the kid verbally accost the teacher and push him/her?  Are we saying that's okay now?  Even better, the parents usually come in and sue the school because the teacher yelled at little Johnny.

Yeah but a classroom is a vastly different environment than a championship winning locker room.

Nobody expects shenanigans to be going on in that locker room environment?

11 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I’m not an OBJ fan, but I don’t think he deserves the death penalty. 

SAR I

Maybe 30 years? lol

I don't think he deserves any time, but I do think it needs to be shown that this kind of behavior isn't acceptable no matter who you are, what sex you are, where you do it.

If it takes a criminal charge to bring this to light and those charges ultimately result in a no-contest plea where OBJ pays a fine and does no time....that's a very appropriate outcome IMO.

Have not seen the video but if this was a real cop, i'm not suprised at all by this happening. Who in their right  mind puts there hands on a cop. If you raise youe voice to a cop you are going to have issues to deal with.

Try forcefully  telling a cop i wasn't  speeding next tine you get pulled over for that. See where it gets you. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

I am sorry, but from what I saw I disagree.  This is a major overreaction. 

Not a good idea by Beckham, but arresting him?  Was that really criminal?

Here's the video 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/16/odell-beckham-simple-battery-warrant-locker-room-butt-slap-lsu/

Go try doing what OBJ did to a cop on the street today ( including staring him down when he turns around ) and see what happens to you . 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BUM-KNEE said:

Yeah but a classroom is a vastly different environment than a championship winning locker room.

Nobody expects shenanigans to be going on in that locker room environment?

Fair point.  It was a loud, jubilant environment and the security guard was a buzzkill walking around like that one kid in 5th grade who was named Hall Monitor and tried to discipline everyone for minor infractions.  But, that still doesn't excuse the behavior.  If he did this to a female sports reporter in that locker room it would be a totally different conversation.....although it shouldn't be IMO.  And OBJ was drunk so I think he probably did something he wouldn't otherwise do, but that's no excuse.  Just like Julian Edelman jumping on the hood of some guy's Mercedes in Beverly Hills last week.  He can't just say, "Well...I was drunk and it was a jubilant night out in Beverly Hills....and the guy is rich so he can afford the $3K to repair the hood on his Mercedes."  You make a bad decision you face the consequences.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If the officer felt this was sexual assault, he should have arrested him right then and there. Why the warrant now?

Each state is different, but there are laws regarding sexual touching, and touching in certain areas is automatically given a sexual connotation on several of them.  The US Code would consider it simple assault involving sexual contact.  I think most journalists, especially the hacks around now, would abbreviate that to "sexual assault."  

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Fair point.  It was a loud, jubilant environment and the security guard was a buzzkill walking around like that one kid in 5th grade who was named Hall Monitor and tried to discipline everyone for minor infractions.  But, that still doesn't excuse the behavior.  If he did this to a female sports reporter in that locker room it would be a totally different conversation.....although it shouldn't be IMO.  And OBJ was drunk so I think he probably did something he wouldn't otherwise do, but that's no excuse.  Just like Julian Edelman jumping on the hood of some guy's Mercedes in Beverly Hills last week.  He can't just say, "Well...I was drunk and it was a jubilant night out in Beverly Hills....and the guy is rich so he can afford the $3K to repair the hood on his Mercedes."  You make a bad decision you face the consequences.

I agree it was a dumb idea to spank a cop in the first place. Every time I do that I wake up handcuffed to a headboard in a seedy motel 6....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Maybe 30 years? lol

I don't think he deserves any time, but I do think it needs to be shown that this kind of behavior isn't acceptable no matter who you are, what sex you are, where you do it.

If it takes a criminal charge to bring this to light and those charges ultimately result in a no-contest plea where OBJ pays a fine and does no time....that's a very appropriate outcome IMO.

58cdddb5a5fe0.image.jpg?resize=1200,800

Agreed. 

SAR I