Arrest warrant issued for OBJ

Vudu

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Something we can actually agree on^ 

Being a female cop and doing this to her is actually very different whether people want to admit it or not. Is that fair? not my call. But it is totally different, regardless.

it wouldn't and shouldn't be different. if you believe people are people and you violate the space of someone else or touch them when they have not invited you, that is the issue here. Then let's throw in the fact that it is a cop then it is becomes something else on top of that. 

The difference between sexes here should not matter and treatment should be the same. If he did that in public to someone (especially the wrong person) he could end up shot. Then it is poor Odell? I dont know how everyone was raised but you dont lay hands on strangers pretty simple rule it goes with treating others how you would want to be treated.

That was not a celebratory slap he knew that was cop and not a player so that excuse does not wash at all. As far as the cops being in the locker room they have a right to be there to some degree. Should the cop have been hassling a player over a gator-aid bottle or smoking a cigar, no there is no reason for that. If you think the cop is wrong there you then have to think Odell is wrong there as well.

• Thumb Down 1

33 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If I spanked your wife or daughters ass the way OBJ did that cop, would you be cool with calling that no big deal, gimmie a break, etc?

It's almost like some folks don't realize it's not still 1952.  Alot of "ugh me cave man" round here. 

Frankly. I saw the video, he would have been arrested on the spot if it still was 1952.  Not only was it inappropriate, he acted like a wiseass after doing it.

• Upvote 4

I watched the video. Cop was in locker room bugging a player about a bottle of Gatorade. Was being an ass about it too. Very rude.

OBJ was clearly wasted and acting like a total idiot in the background but this was such a little thing in the end lol. Cop must of thought “who the hell are you to touch an officer of the law.” and proceeded to get him for simple battery. 

A lot of these officer’s power trips are something serious smh. as much as I dislike OBJ this was over the top and could of been left alone, or even better, laughed off. 

imo.

You cannot be disrespectful of authority in a society regardless of who you are or incidents.  That uniform represents the law that you cannot treat it as a joke. 

Let me give you an example, in such a liberal city like NYC where their government pampers criminals many of them came against dozing NYPD officers by streets thugs and them imitating by little kids and some liberals even were calling for prosecution.  

That small incident by LBJ if let go will escalate to something else by someone else in the future.  By bringing charges it creates a deterrent for people who feel authorities is to be disrespected.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

The cop was smacked on the ass.  The cop didn't taze him.  The cop didn't arrest him at the time.  The problem with a "lot of authorities" doesn't apply to this guy because, first of all, he's not all the other authorities and he didn't taze him, arrest him, etc.  Just like what some other NFL players do criminally doesn't apply to OBJ.  Should OBJ carry the burden of "a lot of NFL players" like Xavien Howard, Kameron Kelly and Mark Walton who are all NFL players arrested in the past 2 months?  He shouldn't.  He's his own person.

The cop was a dick and was probably too hard-headed about trying to do his job in the LSU locker room, but he did show some restraint after being hit.  Maybe once the video came out and he knew he could file the charges without getting obliterated in the public that he was lying about OBJ doing this and fabricating a story I think he probably decided to file the charges.

This is a fair assessment. OBJ was wrong, the cop showed constraint and the cop was being an ass. 

The thing that bothers me is why was the cop harassing them in the first place? He could have gone to any part of campus and seen underage kids drinking and smoking cigars. Heck any part of Louisiana probably. Let people live. 

• Upvote 2

Something we can actually agree on^ 

Being a female cop and doing this to her is actually very different whether people want to admit it or not. Is that fair? not my call. But it is totally different, regardless.

I respectfully disagree.  The "who" of the victim shouldn't carry much weight.

A car is pulled over for going 85 mph in a 40 mph zone.  How much do you factor in the sex of the driver in determining whether a ticket should be given / arrest made?  Isn't the offense the important part?

If the law says you can't hit another human being, particularly on certain sexual parts of the body, isn't that the key?  I guess OBJ should have just gave the guy a quick smack in the nuts instead because there's really no difference, right? 

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

This is a fair assessment. OBJ was wrong, the cop showed constraint and the cop was being an ass. 

The thing that bothers me is why was the cop harassing them in the first place? He could have gone to any part of campus and seen underage kids drinking and smoking cigars. Heck any part of Louisiana probably. Let people live. 

Because he wasn't a cop, he's a security guard employed by the SuperDome, and was apparently told to make sure nobody was smoking cigars in the locker room, by his employer. He looked artless and too serious about it, yes. As a Fire Marshal, I would have laughed and said something like, "Hey guys, ******* great win, but do me a favor and hold off on the Stogies until we get outta here, cool?" 

Doesn't change the fact that the conditions for Simple Battery were clearly met. Pay $200, and consider being in Cleveland "time served". 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

No, but if someone did it to me I don't think they should be arrested.

Sometimes people do Duechy things - it happens.  I can pride myself on being a better person, but I don't think our police force and court systems should be putting out arrest warrants for stupid stuff like this...

Well that’s all well and good. It didn’t happen to you. It happened to someone who wants the offender to keep their hands off of other people. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Because he wasn't a cop, he's a security guard employed by the SuperDome, and was apparently told to make sure nobody was smoking cigars in the locker room, by his employer. He looked artless and too serious about it, yes. As a Fire Marshal, I would have laughed and said something like, "Hey guys, ******* great win, but do me a favor and hold off on the Stogies until we get outta here, cool?" 

Doesn't change the fact that the conditions for Simple Battery were clearly met. Pay $200, and consider being in Cleveland "time served". 

I thought he was campus police. Didn’t realize he was a security guard. He did well not to escalate the situation. I won’t argue with OBJ being in the wrong and I get he was just doing his job too. I just dislike unnecessary rules/laws. In this case the legal drinking age of 21. We’re allowed to make a decision on who will be the next president but are not trusted enough to drink responsibly. I’m not a big drinker and don’t smoke but I don’t see why college students who want to are prohibited. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, GreenFish said:

Buy low Sell high.

Go get’em Joe. We might be able to trade a 6th for OBJ and a 3rd.

OBJ for a 3rd?  Sign me up.  Beckham, we have a qb here who can actually make presnap reads and isn’t a prima donna unlike that joke u play with in Cleveland 

1 hour ago, Irish Jet said:

LOL at comparing smacking a man’s ass to a woman’s.

It’s not the same, nor should it be treated the same. 

Exhibit A of the 1952 attitude alive and well in 2020.

Let me guess, you think the cop should have just punched OBJ like a real man, right?

• Upvote 3

What a waste of everyone’s time and attention. The cops and obj are just dumb all around.

obj whom I’ve always made excuses for is apparently desperate for the attention he lost when he whined his way out of a big market. 

with his socks, his watches, his “come get me’s”, his vague comments of leaving, his cash handouts, his butt slaps. 

he’s a smart guy, the most graceful athlete I’ve ever seen and he’s a total punk and a cancer. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I am sorry, but from what I saw I disagree.  This is a major overreaction. 

Not a good idea by Beckham, but arresting him?  Was that really criminal?

Here's the video 

https://www.tmz.com/2020/01/16/odell-beckham-simple-battery-warrant-locker-room-butt-slap-lsu/

that's it?  obj is being a knucklehead and pats the cop and then backs away and gesticulates.  and then the cop waits a day?  sounds like this cop found a way to squeeze some money from obj.  charges dropped for say, 10-20 grand?

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that's it?  obj is being a knucklehead and pats the cop and then backs away and gesticulates.  and then the cop waits a day?  sounds like this cop found a way to squeeze some money from obj.  charges dropped for say, 10-20 grand?

That’s bribery and would get him fired

Cops can’t sue people who assault them

4 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

So you’d like it done to you? You’d be cool with someone you don’t know striking you in a way that made you feel uncomfortable? And yes, it’s a violation of the law, therefore it’s criminal. 

And when I see law enforcement officers break traffic laws on a whim, that is a violation of the law and criminal as well.  Why not issue a warrant for them too ???  What we have here is an immature kid acting out like a fool and another lord high authority figure on a power trip.  I don't care for either one of them... 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

was the guy even a real cop or a rent-a-cop.  maybe bribery would get him fired but at what price?  it's not like they pay cops a ton of money in louisiana.

Well if he was an off duty cop doing a private security gig that’s a different story then yes he can sue

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, DLJ said:

ProFootballTalk: Arrest warrant issued for Odell Beckham over alleged battery on police officer https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/16/arrest-warrant-issued-for-odell-beckham-over-alleged-battery-on-police-officer/

Browns wide receiver Odell Beckham Jr. is potentially in legal trouble over an incident that took place in LSU’s locker room after Monday night’s national championship game.

Video appears to show Beckham slap the butt of a police officer who was in LSU’s locker room. NOLA.com reports that New Orleans police obtained an arrest warrant accusing Beckham of simple battery in connection with the incident.

The report said authorities originally wanted Beckham charged with misdemeanor sexual battery, but a judge denied that request.

Beckham, who played at LSU, was celebrating with the team on the field and in the locker room after they won the national championship. Beckham has already been under scrutiny over potentially breaking NCAA rules by handing cash to players, but this legal scrutiny is potentially much more problematic for him.

After Beckham appeared to slap the officer, the officer turned around and exchanged words with Beckham, but he was not arrested at the time.

giphy.gif

Hi watched the video.

cop is a POS. Unreal. Deserved more than what he got.

OBJ is also a POS but in my opinion he is less of an ass than the cop because the cop has an obligation and a duty to serve with a smile if hes getting trusted with a badge, pistol and pension by the tax paying public

that is all

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

30 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Hi watched the video.

cop is a POS. Unreal. Deserved more than what he got.

OBJ is also a POS but in my opinion he is less of an ass than the cop because the cop has an obligation and a duty to serve with a smile if hes getting trusted with a badge, pistol and pension by the tax paying public

that is all

Not a cop, not armed, a private employee of the SuperDome telling them not to smoke cigars or drink alcohol inside the locker room facility. In the 15 seconds of context we see, he seems to be being a jerk about it, but aside from that those statements have nothing to do with the fact that an uninvolved individual decided to commit simple battery, on camera, minutes after putting his former school in a tight spot by handing out cash to "student athletes" (lol)...on camera. 

So basically, nothing you said was remotely accurate, but hey, virtue signaling and feelings are what really matter, right? 

That is all. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Not a cop, not armed, a private employee of the SuperDome telling them not to smoke cigars or drink alcohol inside the locker room facility. In the 15 seconds of context we see, he seems to be being a jerk about it, but aside from that those statements have nothing to do with the fact that an uninvolved individual decided to commit simple battery, on camera, minutes after putting his former school in a tight spot by handing out cash to "student athletes" (lol)...on camera. 

So basically, nothing you said was remotely accurate, but hey, virtue signaling and feelings are what really matter, right? 

That is all. 

not a huge fan of cops acting like jerks. I know what they look like and sound like. I just don't see what this guy did is jerk-like. he asked one guy if he had alcohol. guy shows him gaterade, the cop looks at him, makes a head gesture, and moves along. he then states there is a cigar hole burned into the carpet. I just don't see the jerk-like behavior. and we certainly don't know if he was prowling around looking to spoil the fun,  was investigating a complaint, or was told by his boss to make sure they are not smoking or drinking because of last years damage done to the ,locker room. excited young males can certainly get out of control