Beltran out as Mets Skipper

Sarge4Tide

Just now, jetstream23 said:

I do feel bad for Beltran.

Feel bad for Bellichek and Brady too?

He wasn't implicated or accused of anything

Might want to do some additional reading.  He was absolutely involved and implicated.  He's a cheater, plain and simple.

I think the Mets had to make this move.  Unfortunate.

If by "unfortunate" you 100% justified, sure.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

I always thought it was bad karma to hire him , kind of like the Red Sox hiring Buckner to manage them , every time I look at him I think of 2006. Let Collins babysit for a year , the new owner is going to fire everyone next offseason anyway , if it’s true he’s going to have full control sooner rather than later . 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Feel bad for Bellichek and Brady too?

Might want to do some additional reading.  He was absolutely involved and implicated.  He's a cheater, plain and simple.

If by "unfortunate" you 100% justified, sure.

Based on what mlb report had indicated, and this was a court of law, there is no way they would convict Beltran. 

Just wish MLB would have been more forthcoming.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Mets never catch a break.  Even when it's not ownership doing the bungling.  I had hopes for Beltran.  Took me a while to accept it and now this. What now? Showalter or bring back Collins?  Sucks.

Mets do this to themselves. Girardi wanted to be here. I’m a diehard Met fan but our owners might be the worst ever even more that Christopher Johnson lol.  Brodie is not a GM he is a sports agent.  Thank God Cohen is coming 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

They had to do it once his name was mentioned. And now he is not an active player that can be protected by the players association. 

He didnt need protecting. 

He was accused and found guilty of nothing other than having been interviewed and cleared

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Mets do this to themselves. Girardi wanted to be here. I’m a diehard Met fan but our owners might be the worst ever even more that Christopher Johnson lol.  Brodie is not a GM he is a sports agent.  Thank God Cohen is coming 

Ownership of both teams sucks.  But given a choice, I'll have the Wilpons and everyone in the Mets front office walk the plank into shark infested waters.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Yeah, I hear you but this isn't a Girargi thing. 

They didnt want him.  He refuses to use analytics, hes old school and he won once in 10 years with good teams.  And for bonus points hes a pain in the ass to ownership.  

Has nothing to do with Brodie or Johnson.  Beltran was forced out bt the media, not MLB.  This all went down through no fault of the Mets.  I get the fanbase hates management but come on, had nothing to do with Brodie, Wilpons who ever

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I hear you but this isn't a Girargi thing. 

They didnt want him.  He refuses to use analytics, hes old school and he won once in 10 years with good teams.  And for bonus points hes a pain in the ass to ownership.  

Has nothing to do with Brodie or Johnson. 

I get it but a lot of Met fans wanted Girardi.  Nothing against Beltran but I trusted Girardi more 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Ownership of both teams sucks.  But given a choice, I'll have the Wilpons and everyone in the Mets front office walk the plank into shark infested waters.  

Clock is ticking,  Cohen comes in and it could get interesting

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I get it but a lot of Met fans wanted Girardi.  Nothing against Beltran but I trusted Girardi more 

Fans want the name they recognize.

Beltran was a great player, Girardi a post game interview every night.

Lot of Mets fans were more than happy with Beltran

Just now, Jet Nut said:

What?

They didnt interview either when they interviewed and and hired Beltran in November

Apparently E Perez was their 2nd choice so who knows what's going on today

Look you are confused I said the best manager for the Mets now is Buck Showalter and for Houston it's Bruce Bochy.  With Baker an outside chance for the Astros job. 

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Its Bullsh*t... If you take down Beltran... you have to take down them all... This is a big cluster... Don't have a double standard... He was a Player at the time. 

If this is how its going to go.... burn it all down.... Next Altuve and Bregman

I don't get why MLB allowed the press to run wild with this one, allowing one and one player only to be punished for what the Astros and Red Sox did.  

Because he was hired became Mets manager.  If he passed on the Mets his name is forgotten 

• Upvote 1