Sarge4Tide

Beltran out as Mets Skipper

16 minutes ago, funaz said:

I find it funny all the people i know blast brady and bellicheck for years over cheating are showing sympathy for Beltran. This is literally what you acused pats fans of, looking the other way for your guy. 

Beltran didn;t win crap for the Mets either.

No benefit for the Mets, no World Series here. The Pats cheating directly benefits the W and L.

Lets see what punishment the Pats get?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Off topic forum please

actually, there is a baseball forum with some knowledgeable guys on it. check out the trivia thread (we have to start advertising)

We will move this in time but breaking stuff can stay here for now.

This is crazy.

Astros, Red Sox and Mets need new managers right before the season. Ouch.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

He cheated.

He was a key player, along with Cora the bench coach, in the planning and execution of the cheating activity.  Claiming you don;t know this just means you're willfully not reading about it tbqh.  

Let me be clear, every player who knew about this should also face punishment.  But Beltran as a Coach now was 100% untenable for the Mets and the Mets know it. 

Hence his firing, sorry, "mutual parting of the ways".

You have absolutely no idea that he cheated.  Players were exempt and not one single person has said Beltran hot signs fed to him, wanted them and used them to his advantage. 

Not every player would take the signs.  Many have said they wouldn’t 

Just now, Jet Nut said:

You have absolutely no idea that he cheated.  Players were exempt and not one single person has said Beltran hot signs fed to him, wanted them and used them to his advantage. 

The mlb knows Beltran cheated they investigated it

No players have been suspended because 1) mlbpa will file a grievance and 2) the mlb doesn’t want to suspend stars in big markets like Altuve, Correa and I’m sure big name guys on the Red Sox

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

Mets never catch a break.  Even when it's not ownership doing the bungling.  I had hopes for Beltran.  Took me a while to accept it and now this. What now? Showalter or bring back Collins?  Sucks.

The bastard cost me a hat and a parade.  I'm sorry the Mets are getting victimized too, but I'm glad he's going to be out of the sport for awhile.

SAR I

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

The Mets hired a cheater how fitting that organization is the worst in NY along with the Knicks. 

The Yankees had Giambi, ARod, and Clemens on the same team.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

So what the Mets are the biggest joke in MLB. 

While everyone was using steroids at the same time 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

The mlb knows Beltran cheated they investigated it

And that they did nothing to him tells you he cheated?

Try again, innocent until proven guilty?

How about accused? 

Nope

Just now, joewilly12 said:

The Wilpons are the Johnsons except they’ve had some success in recent years because Minaya made some good moves getting young talent before he was made the scapegoat 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I know.   The only team with 3 guys using steroids at the same time.   Crazy.

• Haha 2

Just now, Jet Nut said:

And that they did nothing to him tells you he cheated?

Try again, innocent until proven guilty?

How about accused? 

Nope

The mlbpa will file a grievance and Manfred doesn’t want to go through the goatscrew of litigation 

also, I guarantee you big names on the Red Sox roster were involved in sign stealing and Manfred wants no part in suspending them for a year

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

The Wilpons are the Johnsons except they’ve had some success in recent years because Minaya made some good moves getting young talent before he was made the scapegoat 

Success? Really when was the last time they won the World Series, success is based on that in the MLB. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Success? Really when was the last time they won the World Series, success is based on that in the MLB. 

The Mets have made the playoffs more recently and were 3 games out of the wildcard last year

The Mets are doing great compared to the jets

And I don’t even like the mets

• Upvote 2

Just now, Philc1 said:

The Mets have made the playoffs more recently and were 3 games out of the wildcard last year

The Mets are doing great compared to the jets

And I don’t even like the mets

Almost only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The mlbpa will file a grievance and Manfred doesn’t want to go through the goatscrew of litigation 

also, I guarantee you big names on the Red Sox roster were involved in sign stealing and Manfred wants no part in suspending them for a year

Given that Beltran is a retired player, MLBPA will do nothing 

There is no way for anyone in an investigation to know who used the info and cheated and who didnt.  If yo guess and punish one, you have to punish all

The idea that its a Boston thing makes no sense,  If you were right, they wouldn't be giving Cora a bigger suspension the the Houston contingent.

The Boston paranoia goes from the Pats to the Red Sox?  Guess those 100 or so years without a championship proves it

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Those were great times.

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

The Mets hired a cheater how fitting that organization is the worst in NY along with the Knicks. 

Who said he cheated?  Link?

You?

Piil?

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Yankees are historic cheaters. Silence your hypocrite ass.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Davey Jonson is available so is Lenny Dykstra :rl:

Davey was a great manager.

Dykstra?

30 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The bastard cost me a hat and a parade.  I'm sorry the Mets are getting victimized too, but I'm glad he's going to be out of the sport for awhile.

SAR I

I understand.  I'd feel the same way.  

• Upvote 1

Yankees on the Mitchell Report:

Sheffield, Melky, Cervelli, Canseco, Cano, Knoblauch, Strawberry, Pettite, Montero, Gooden, Ricky Bones, Kevin Brown, Bobby Estalella, Jason Grimsley, Felix Heredia, Glenallen Hill, Darren Holmes, David Justice, Matt Lawton, Jim Leyritz, Ivan Rodriguez, Mike Stanton, Randy Velarde, Rondell White.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Didnt the Yankees miss the playoffs the last decade?

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

NO they aren't. Mr Met LMFAO 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NO they aren't. Mr Met LMFAO 

WTF does Mr Met have to do with anything?

Don't answer its mindless

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Spectacular Pats-Fan-like scenes. :-k

So tell me, Nut, why would the Mets fire a guy who didn't cheat, didn't take part in planning/designing the cheating and didn't take signs, eh?

Because the internet (almost all non-Met fans) said they should?

A little source for you:

“Early in [2017], Cora began to call the replay review room on the replay phone to obtain the sign information. On at least some occasions, the employees in the replay review room communicated the sign sequence information by text message, which was received on the smart watch of a staff member on the bench, or in other cases on a cell phone stored nearby,” the report explains.

But this system didn’t work very well. Two months into the 2017 season, “a group of players including Beltran” came up with the trash can set up, and Cora executed it. The trash can would be banged with a bat or a “massage gun" for off-speed pitches, no bang for fastball.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/heres-everything-in-mlbs-case-against-the-astros/ar-BBYV6BF

And from MLB's OWN SITE: https://www.mlb.com/news/carlos-beltran-steps-down-as-mets-manager

Beltrán was the only player implicated in MLB’s report, as someone who “discussed that the [Astros] could improve on decoding opposing teams’ signs and communicating the signs to the batter.” The league described Beltrán as a person with knowledge of the Astros’ sign-stealing scheme

Beltran was clearly involved.  He is a cheater.  You'd have to be a Pats Fan to believe he wasn't.

Guess we have alot of closet pro-cheating Pats Fans round here.

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually it's not that simple

There is no shred of evidence that anyone has seen by the public, media etc that says he cheated.  

As was said last night lots of players would turn down and have turned down clues as to what pitch is coming

If he got fired, it’s because he was part of the cheating. ( they know just how involved he was)

The whole purpose for them firing him now is because this was only gonna get worse, public relations wise.

30 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I understand.  I'd feel the same way.  

You'll wind up with Buck Showalter and make the playoffs.  It'll be for the best.  Like the Jets, the Mets don't have time for a rookie manager.  Your pitching staff is win-now.

SAR I

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You'll wind up with Buck Showalter and make the playoffs.  It'll be for the best.

SAR I

Buck would be great , but Brodie doesn't have the balls to deal with Buck .  Because Buck has a backbone . Brodie wants a YES-MAN .