Jets Unis - Beating A VERY Dead Horse...

THE BARON

Yeah, I know it has been said, but I can't reconcile myself with these new Jet uniforms.  

They look totally bush league.  The all whites and the green ones have a half-finished, half-ass'ed look to them.  They really look shoddy.  The black ones look like absolute garbage.  An NFL franchise with all the resources that the Jets have and they come up with a piece of crap like that ???

F**K sake... They are painful to watch.  As if Gase's horrendous offensive scheme wasn't bad enough, now I have to stomach looking at these abominations.  And I've heard that CJ LOVES them ??? Talk about the Emperor's New Clothes... 

They should go back to the legacy uniforms, or use the new green color helmet and put the 1980's Jet logo on them along with a uniform that has the same stripes as the 1980's unis.

Anything but this diarrhea stew... 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 4

1 minute ago, nico002 said:

I like them better 

You really like the new ones ??? Not trying to be a wise ass.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I guess I'd feel a little better if a lot of people liked the way they look.  All of the Jet fans that I know don't like them at all...

• WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I like them and think they're an improvement.  As a fan of tradition and the old uniforms from the 1960's that were resurrected in the 1990's it just felt like time for a refresh.  I'm not saying they're great uniforms but the darker green, the more modern lines, etc. are an upgrade IMO.  I thought that incorporating the Jets swoosh from the green 1980's helmet would have been cool but the new logo seems like a bit of a hybrid that touches on that helmet.

In any case, these will be the uniforms for quite a while I think so we gotta....

corvette deal with it GIF

I dig... I think the NFL has a rule about how often you can change your uni.  You cant change it from year to year.  Glad you like them...  

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Yeah, I know it has been said, but I can't reconcile myself with these new Jet uniforms.  

They look totally bush league.  The all whites and the green ones have a half-finished, half-ass'ed look to them.  They really look shoddy.  The black ones look like absolute garbage.  An NFL franchise with all the resources that the Jets have and they come up with a piece of crap like that ???

F**K sake... They are painful to watch.  As if Gase's horrendous offensive scheme wasn't bad enough, now I have to stomach looking at these abominations.  And I've heard that CJ LOVES them ??? Talk about the Emperor's New Clothes... 

They should go back to the legacy uniforms, or use the new green color helmet and put the 1980's Jet logo on them along with a uniform that has the same stripes as the 1980's unis.

I think you are 100% wrong. The new uniforms are a BIG improvement over our previous rags. 

I mean they were nice for the first 50 years, but they were definately dated, tired, and ancient looking. The new ones could use some tweaks but definately a step in the right direction. 

57 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

You really like the new ones ??? Not trying to be a wise ass.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  I guess I'd feel a little better if a lot of people liked the way they look.  All of the Jet fans that I know don't like them at all...

I like the new ones, and really like the black.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Huge missed opportunity with the logo. Looks like a middle school student could have created it doodling for ten minutes. I am far from a logo designer but how about a combination of the "NY" symbol, a Jets fighter plane and the city skyline. Instead we have the word "JETS" with an infantile football under it. Just brutal. 

• Upvote 1

31-E27-E46-2028-4-A72-ABE0-F4-DDA9-A0641

They're the best modern uniforms in the NFL.

You'll grow to love them when we're wearing them in Championship Games and Super Bowls.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

ja.jpg

Don't like green?  That's cool.  The white's are even better.

SAR I

18 hours ago, Warfish said:

They're not horrible.  They're not great.  They're like so much about this team the past decade, meh at best.

Not a fan of the redesigned helmet logo.  That could have been a lot better IMO.  But it's hardly make-or-break.

I actually like the metallic green helmet. Probably the only part I like, though I don't have any problem with the change in shade of green; hunter green was a 90s thing. But black uniforms is an old thing that was at one time edgy/tough and now IMO it's a weak attempt at looking edgy/tough. I liked the idea someone had of a gray/green combo, but I still like just the green & white. 

I don't like the new, poor attempt at a Nike swoosh icon thing on the logo and under the shoulders. Looks like a door wedge. Gotta agree with the OP on that.

Personally I liked the classic/timeless look, but accept that's subjective and to others it was just old/outdated and they like change for change's sake. Truth is with the Parcells-retros we wore from 2008-2018, we won 2 division titles. So some change can be good.

In all honesty they could change it to fuscia and purple plaid, with a painted white wrapping their fuscia/purple plaid helmets, and I'd be for it if they started winning NFL titles with regularity. Or even once, ffs .

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Prestige Worldwide said:

I like all 3. I dig the greens the most. You like the whites better?

Green

Black

White

My order of preference.  They are all good in my mind.

71860-D77-A1-B1-480-C-A631-C9-CAF4-C4844

Agreed, they're all good.  I like the uni's where the jerseys and the pants match, actually.  And in those configurations I like all 3 equally.

I don't like white over green or green over white.  The contrail stripes on the sleeves and pant legs don't match that way.  When the jerseys and pants are the same color, the stripes are the same color, looks a lot better.

SAR I