THE BARON

Jets Unis - Beating A VERY Dead Horse...

1 minute ago, Apache 51 said:

F1476347-BD33-4529-8E75-6A72AB67C85C.thumb.jpeg.a631568e71ee20133b8b206db97955d4.jpeg

imageproxy-php.jpg

That's more like it.

SAR I

What's the slash,lightning,bolt,arrow on the shoulder supposed to be?  

And the football under the Jets on the helmet. 

Nike failed us. 

Boo 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

I dig... I think the NFL has a rule about how often you can change your uni.  You cant change it from year to year.  Glad you like them...  

5 years. 

They can only make changes to home, away, or alternate every 5 NFL seasons. They allow special exceptions if the commish approves in the event of a team anniversary or important date for the team etc. 

37 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I actually like the metallic green helmet. Probably the only part I like, though I don't have any problem with the change in shade of green; hunter green was a 90s thing. But black uniforms is an old thing that was at one time edgy/tough and now IMO it's a weak attempt at looking edgy/tough. I liked the idea someone had of a gray/green combo, but I still like just the green & white. 

I don't like the new swoosh icon thing on the logo and under the shoulders. Looks like a door wedge. Gotta agree with the OP on that.

Personally I liked the classic/timeless look, but accept that's subjective and to others it was just old/outdated and they like change for change's sake. Truth is with the Parcells-retros we wore from 2008-2018, we won 2 division titles. So some change can be good.

In all honesty they could change it to fuscia and purple plaid, with a painted white wrapping their fuscia/purple plaid helmets, and I'd be for it if they started winning NFL titles with regularity. Or even once, ffs .

Gud post.

If they change away from being "Green", it would be great.  I could finally stop being a Jets Fan, lol.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

What's the slash,lightning,bolt,arrow on the shoulder supposed to be?  

And the football under the Jets on the helmet. 

Nike failed us. 

Boo 

cape.jpg

It's either a jet stream (think of it as the top of the 80's Jets helmet logo), or a pair of wings (look at the two on the shoulder and they appear that way), or the nose of a plane (pointy end, like Concorde) or it's making the shape of a cape (Superman could fly, you know) up on the shoulders. 

When looking at it from the side, I see the jet contrail wedge.  When looking at it head on, I still see Superman's cape.

SAR I

Can't please everyone....

Love the new unis....esp the Black ones! Can't wait till we start winning some meaningful games in them

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

28 minutes ago, SAR I said:

cape.jpg

It's either a jet stream (think of it as the top of the 80's Jets helmet logo), or a pair of wings (look at the two on the shoulder and they appear that way), or the nose of a plane (pointy end, like Concorde) or it's making the shape of a cape (Superman could fly, you know) up on the shoulders. 

When looking at it from the side, I see the jet contrail wedge.  When looking at it head on, I still see Superman's cape.

SAR I

Super Hero football uniforms.

Where's the cape.

Cool story bro.

joewilly12

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

All white uni's are clean afffff. I like them a lot. 

They're beautiful.

IMG_20190815_211444.thumb.jpg.3870caf80643b81bc18849851da8b7f9.jpg

• Upvote 3

Again with this thread? New unis are garbage. Helmet is not bad. Like the green. Miss the old jerseys and most of all, the double stripes.

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
Image result for saskatchewan roughriders pics

Yuck. 

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Yuck. 

SAR I

Looks like the NY Jets new uniforms. 

joewilly12 

14 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Looks like the NY Jets new uniforms. 

joewilly12 

not even close.

• Upvote 1

Outside of the Jets fan bubble, pretty much it’s universally agreed they were a downgrade. The black ones are beyond bad. New York across the chest is minor league stuff. Stripes look dated. They’ll be gone in 5 years.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Real close especially the color. 

agree to disagree 👍

I would like to see them try black pants and white jerseys next year that would look cool. I like them better than the old, especially any Nike version of the old, but they are clearly a design by committee type of design and not really amazing.

I think they’re fine. Not great but they’ve grown on me. And I don’t think they last as long as the old ones did. The helmet/logo were particularly disappointing after being promised a complete redesign.

I love the white unis now more than when they came out.

The green on green looks the worst in my opinion. No variance going on there. Needs black accents or something..

12 hours ago, joewilly12 said:
Image result for saskatchewan roughriders pics

And?

Every green uniform with green helmets are the same as the Jets uniforms to you and who, Stevie Wonder?

These look nothing like the Jets uniforms.  

You hated the idea of changing from the 68's, haven't stopped posting pointless pictures of every ugly assed green uniforms as if they have anything to do with out uniforms when they don't

16 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

The only ones I don't like are the all green.  They are too much for me, but any of the combinations of the 3 look great.

Only thing i wasn't too high on at the time was the logo, but I've been coming around to it.  The color of the helmet in person its actually stunning.

this exactly for me as well.  Never liked the all green - old unis or new.  never liked the whole "shrek" look.  Love the new unis - just wish they would wear more of the black and switch those up as well - wear black with white pants.  MAYBE with the green pants, but I'd have to see it.

17 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Yeah, I know it has been said, but I can't reconcile myself with these new Jet uniforms.  

They look totally bush league.  The all whites and the green ones have a half-finished, half-ass'ed look to them.  They really look shoddy.  The black ones look like absolute garbage.  An NFL franchise with all the resources that the Jets have and they come up with a piece of crap like that ???

F**K sake... They are painful to watch.  As if Gase's horrendous offensive scheme wasn't bad enough, now I have to stomach looking at these abominations.  And I've heard that CJ LOVES them ??? Talk about the Emperor's New Clothes... 

They should go back to the legacy uniforms, or use the new green color helmet and put the 1980's Jet logo on them along with a uniform that has the same stripes as the 1980's unis.

Anything but this diarrhea stew... 

Cool another post and thread with the premise of everyone agrees with the OP that the uniforms are ugly as shlt only to have most in the thread say they're either ok with them or really like them.  At worst like some part of the new design and dislike something like going all black

45 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Cool another post and thread with the premise of everyone agrees with the OP that the uniforms are ugly as shlt only to have most in the thread say they're either ok with them or really like them.  At worst like some part of the new design and dislike something like going all black

Yeppers.   And I'm actually glad a lot of people like them, or something about them.  In the eye of the beholder.  I can get used to the new all whites or the green top and white bottom, but I'm still going to cringe at the all green and I'm going to throw up in my mouth when I see the black uni's.  Who the f**k are they pretending to be, the Raiders ??? It seems that many NFL teams over the years were queer to add black to their uni.  Why ??? It's been done before... 

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Yeppers.   And I'm actually glad a lot of people like them, or something about them.  In the eye of the beholder.  I can get used to the new all whites or the green top and white bottom, but I'm still going to cringe at the all green and I'm going to throw up in my mouth when I see the black uni's.  Who the f**k are they pretending to be, the Raiders ??? It seems that many NFL teams over the years were queer to add black to their uni.  Why ??? It's been done before... 

People need to get over the Raiders comment with black.

Jets, Ravens, Saints, Browns, Jags, SF, Raiders, Falcons, Steelers, whoever I missed all wear black.  Tons of college teams wear black.  Mets are talking about black because players brought it up.  
No one is trying to be gangster like 

17 hours ago, Gibby said:

I think they’re sh*t- but I’m over it.

Right.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

People need to get over the Raiders comment with black.

Jets, Ravens, Browns, Jags, SF, Raiders, Falcons, Steelers, whoever I missed all wear black.  Tons of college teams wear black.  Mets are talking about black because players brought it up.  
No one is trying to be gangster like 

I like Raiders simple black and silver simplicity, (god help me), don't like Eagles black jersey either. I like a stock color with a stock look.

2185CCE5-320D-403D-84B6-7AB033D0DA03.thumb.jpeg.569c004226ee202af432bb49edbb68c4.jpeg

• Upvote 1

they've grown on me.  I wish they would of used the widget from the 90's in some way.  Also miss traditional  stripes vs. the wedge look.  Kelly green would of been fun..

They're good.. maybe light changes to the logo in 5 years but they're good.