Tony Pauline on Leveon Bell+more

SR24

While you were at the Shrine Game, did you hear anything new on the status of Le’Veon Bell and the NY Jets?

Actually, I did. From the conversations I had, the feeling is mutual from both sides. It’s best for everyone involved if the Jets and Bell part company – for Bell’s career and for the Jets offense as head coach Adam Gase can get the running back he wants.

I’m also told the sides are working to attain that goal. There seems to be some friction but the relationship is not poisonous.

The question is this. Can the Jets move Bell’s contract? As someone said to me at the Shrine Game practoces, the team that trades for Bell will be a franchise that’s not paying a quarterback or edge rusher a big contract.

1) I was told at Shrine Game practices that the Jets are going to take a hard look at every offensive lineman that is available in free agency. If they sign a pricey offensive lineman in March, they may go in a different direction on draft day.

2) We’ll have to wait and see what happens with WR Robby Anderson. My personal preference is that they sign Anderson as he’s not only a good receiver with game breaking skills, but he also has a great rapport with quarterback Sam Darnold.

3) Trading down is optimal but I do believe Wirfs and Wills will be available at the 11th pick. In that case, I’m taking Wirfs.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Le'Veon Bell

In a story that shouldn’t come as much of a surprise to those who have been paying attention to the Jets since their season ended a few weeks ago, NFL insider Tony Pauline is reporting that the team is looking to move on from running back Le’Veon Bell.  Remember, Pauline was the first to report the immenent departure of former GM Mike Maccagnan, a story that nobody else had at the time.

.@TonyPauline: I’m told the sides are working to attain that goal. There seems to be some friction but the relationship is not poisonous.

Is Le'Veon Bell on his way out with the Jets? Check out this week's mailbag from Tony Pauline for this & much more. https://t.co/FvvLncIOCC

— Pro Football Network (@PFN365) January 16, 2020

Lending more credibility to the suggestion of the Jets moving on from Bell would of course be head coach Adam Gase.  In his final press conference of the season, Gase was asked if he wanted Bell back in 2020.  Rather than answer weith a simple “yes”, Gase suggested the media ask GM Joe Douglas.  Any time a head coach declines comment and defers to someobdy else to share their opinion for them, something isn’t right.  In this case, it could be the relationship between Gase and his future Hall of Fame running back.

The post Report: Jets and Le’Veon Bell Looking to Part Ways appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
MNM_MQnK5z8

Click here to read the full story...

19 minutes ago, SR24 said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/leveon-bell-jets-panthers-qb-2020-nfl-draft-rumors-pauline-mailbag/

idk how to post the whole article in here I apologize still good info though 

The question is this. Can the Jets move Bell’s contract? As someone said to me at the Shrine Game practoces, the team that trades for Bell will be a franchise that’s not paying a quarterback or edge rusher a big contract.

This is interesting. Let's first rule out any AFC East teams. How about Tampa Bay?

• Upvote 2

Good idea.  Lets get rid of one of the best RBs of all time for pennies on the dollar so we can sign Frank Gore.

If.. no when Bell goes elsewhere and flourishes it will be another demerit in what's become an alarmingly long list for Gase.

Thankfully CBTNY hits about .200 with his predictions.  Yeah yeah Mac was his magnum opus.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He wanted Tevin Coleman badly, and the rest of the Bell money to be spent on Morse/Paradis.

Maccagnan wanted Bell at all costs.

It’s worse than this.  Another 49ers RB is a Jets deject.  Coleman makes a fraction of what Bell does. 

Lets say it again-Mac is toast in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1