Tony Pauline on Leveon Bell+more

SR24

5 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

so Sam Darnold could not play because the OL was awful yet Bell had to play on an all pro level with the same OL

lol

Adam Gase and Joe Douglas, another decade of sh*t football and bad management 

Or Bell's style isn't suited to a rebuilding line.  A straight-line power back, dime a dozen in the draft, would be more effective.  Gase knew this coming in, he was handcuffed by having to give him useless carries, and both he and Bell are in agreement it won't work with this OL at this time.

Le'Veon is a great guy but a square peg in a round hole.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Green Truth said:

This is fine,  I get it he is a great back,  but he maybe has 2 years left in him.  Give the guy a chance to win a ring.  Just get a 3rd or 4th for him so we can get a decent back in this draft.  I actually kinda felt sorry for him this year.

The Jets are giving up a draft pick to unload Bell. 

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It is going to be very tough for the Jets to move Bell.

Also, what kind of back does Gase want?

Gase just needs to gtfo and never come back. He doesn’t know how to use players to the best of their abilities. He doesn't know how to do anything that competent offensive minded coaches know how to do. He’s garbage and he’s ruining Sam Darnold and the tiny glimmer of hope that we do have in the future. 

JD just got done saying Bell and Adams were safe — now I’m fine trading them — especially Adams, but trading Bell because you’re too much of a dunce to use him right is so Jetsy to me.

I hate this team with all my hate as much as I love them with all my heart.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

how about a coach who has a great talent i his hands try to work something out to make the talent shine and not run him into the center of the defense every time?

Let's not make this another Gase hate thread.

Be smart.  Bell is a square peg in a round hole.  What he needs is an elite offensive line skilled in slide-blocking and we don't have that.  We have a group of guys that when healthy can barely pass block.  Bell is a finesse runner.  He needs time to juke and find developing holes.  He requires a line we don't have.

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Let's not make this another Gase hate thread.

Be smart.  Bell is a square peg in a round hole.  What he needs is an elite offensive line skilled in slide-blocking and we don't have that.  We have a group of guys that when healthy can barely pass block.  Bell is a finesse runner.  He requires a line we don't have.

SAR I

you need to be smart

Gase is a loser coach who done nothing but lose in this league .

if Joe Douglas is so great as promised he should find a way to choose the right pieces in the OL

when you have high end talent you keep it to get better

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 4

15 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Hoping he purges Winters, and Beachum immediately.

Winters I agree, but I wouldn't be averse to Beachum returning on a reasonable contract. Rookie left tackles tend to struggle straight out of the gate and there's no guarantee the Jets can pick one in the first round. Beachum helped Sam be more himself in the second half of the season when Beachum returned from injury.

Don't get me wrong, Beachum is not a franchise left tackle, but he could be a decent bridge guy while the next bloke gets up to speed with the Jets blocking scheme.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

you need to be smart

Gase is a loser coach who done nothing but lose in this league .

Let's not have another Gase hate thread please.

How about we blame the player?  How hard can it be for Le'Veon Bell to not glide left and right and just hit a hole head-on?  Why did Billal Powell have success running in a straight line practically every time he and his limited carries were inserted in the game? 

Square peg in a round hole is the likely explanation.  Otherwise, he's shot or he requires a sophisticated Top 5 OL and we are #32.

SAR I

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 2

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Isn't that what the draft and Free Agency is for?

Exactly.  But our entire coaching staff has seen Bell in practice and they'd know if he's lost a step too. I can't imagine that on a team this bereft of offensive talent and facing a shortage of superstar players to market that we'd just part ways with a Top 5 running back under contract and beloved in the locker room and by the fanbase.

Fundamentally, if it boiled down to keeping Robbie who is good to go for immediate impact or keeping Bell who requires a certain type of OL that may take years to develop, who do you invest in?  The old back who looks rusty or the young receiver who is in lock-step with our even younger QB?

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.  But our entire coaching staff has seen Bell in practice and they'd know if he's lost a step too. 

Gase would never get the RB position wrong, true.

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Fundamentally, if it boiled down to keeping Robbie who is good to go for immediate impact or keeping Bell who requires a certain type of OL that may take years to develop, who do you invest in?  The old back who looks rusty or the young receiver who is in lock-step with our even younger QB?

SAR I

Personally, I don;t see Gase getting the most out of either of them.  Nor do I see either in Jets Green come September.

32 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

how about a coach who has a great talent i his hands try to work something out to make the talent shine and not run him into the center of the defense every time?

Gase's entire offense consisted of running Bell up the middle twice and hoping Darnold bailed him out on 3rd and long.

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

You can keep preaching but no one is listening. Bell is a shell of what he was capable of, yet most people here either can't see it, or are in denial about it. I'm liking JD more and more if this story rings true and we jettison a player that we shouldn't have signed in the first place.  

THere are more of us than you think, but yeah hard to change the minds of someone who thinks it's still 2015

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Add a rookie RB like Travis Etienne to the backfield improve the OL and get a #1 WR and Bell will flourish and contribute. 

Teams stacked the box all damn season knowing we didn't have much of a passing game and a weak OL. 

Why waste a draft pick on a rb when you Already have An All Pro Talent at that position?... the oline Blows... wasting a draft pick with an atrocious oline will Not improve Anything... just wasting a draft pick & losing money on Bell's contract... FIX The oline & things will change for the Better.

• Upvote 3

Just now, CTM said:

THere are more of us than you think, but yeah hard to change the minds of someone who thinks it's still 2015

From reading the threads here you would never know. It's 100% on our Oline when we have a RB that would lumber to a 4.9 forty.

• Upvote 2