Tony Pauline on Leveon Bell+more

SR24

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Please don’t get me wrong - I think what you’re doing is good for the board.  After a season like we had and the coach we’re stuck with - I think it’s important we have someone like you putting a spin on it, as outlandish as it is, to keep the things interesting around here..

But sometimes I just feel bad for people that take you seriously.  I truly mean no offense to you at all   I just want to point it out to people that are getting upset and taking you seriously. - no need to have upset people.

I am 100% serious.  I truly believe Adam Gase had a terrific season and shows all indications of being a strong NFL coach.

I may say that in a snarky manner when responding to someone else who is being snarky, but I believe everything that I type.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, JiF said:

This is totally misguided.   All of the RB's suffered the worst years their career.  Fact.  This wasnt exclusive to Bell.  

You're right, Darnold did improve over the 2nd half of the year and guess how he did it?  By throwing the ball because they couldnt run the ball with any RB effectively.  Guess who caught the 2nd most passes on the team with the best catch rate on the team?  

Fix the OL and Bell goes right back to being one of the most dangerous RB's in the NFL.

I hope so.  I am rooting for this, in fact.

SAR I

1 hour ago, JiF said:

This is totally misguided.   All of the RB's suffered the worst years their career.  Fact.  This wasnt exclusive to Bell.  

You're right, Darnold did improve over the 2nd half of the year and guess how he did it?  By throwing the ball because they couldnt run the ball with any RB effectively.  Guess who caught the 2nd most passes on the team with the best catch rate on the team?  

Fix the OL and Bell goes right back to being one of the most dangerous RB's in the NFL.

Yes sir and add a speedy game breaker rookie like Travis Etienne for a 1-2 punch. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, nycdan said:

I doubt Bell plays anywhere else next season.  But if he were trade-able, two teams come to mind.  Two playoff teams that would be substantially better with Bell and where he could be the piece to put them over the top. 

KC and HOU.  In Houston's case, Bell would make Duke Johnson redundant so maybe he comes back with a pick.  In KC's case, could you imagine Bell added to that team?  Holy crap!  They may not need him to win it all this year, but I could see them easily burning a 2nd rounder to get Bell and score 40 points per week.

going to KC would only heighten the realization of how slow Lev Bell is....compared to all those speedsters?

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

And then there is you, who trolls everyone.  I too would not be surprised if the original sar sold his account to gase.  It wouldn’t be the first time that happened.

If you find what I say so unbelievable that you think you are being played, well, that's just an unintended bonus.

SAR I

3 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

So he's like AI...a volume shooter, or in Drake's case a volume runner.

he got like 3.2 more touches a game...    ???   0.3 more ypc/      2.9 LESS ypc....

more than less the same player on a season wide view...    had a couple bust out games...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

and to make it worse, you also have to wonder if gase was so against this that he didn't use him initially the way he should have been used, esp. when darnold went down and it was clear the possibility of making the playoffs was gone.  gase had 'immunity' here, he could do what he wanted with mccagnan's roster and darnold's illness.  and we're going to see douglas purge this out in the coming months.

But it’s not like you could have built an offense around a guy who was running for 3.2 ypc. I’m just not sure what anyone means about the ways Bell “should have been used.” He sucked.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But it’s not like you could have built an offense around a guy who was running for 3.2 ypc. I’m just not sure what anyone means about the ways Bell “should have been used.” He sucked.

I like LeVeon,  he seems like a good teammate and (aside from when he quits on his team) seems like a solid lockerroom leader. He had a great career in Pittsburgh behind an awesome O line,  playing with a HOF QB and Pro Bowl talent everywhere.  

But he has none of that in NY, was a luxury item for a team lacking foundational pieces, and let's face it, he wasn't a speedster when he came out, and his "patient" running style made no sense behind the Jets ad hoc, jury-rigged Line. 

This was when Bell was 21 (2013). Nobody gets faster as they age. He would probably throw down a 4.7 something nowadays.

https://youtu.be/b5Lj5GUumsU

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Are you serious with this? 

he had only 2 less touches than he did in 2016, one of his best.

had plenny opportunity.

"didnt know how to use him" is indeed one fo the most mystifying excuses i've ever heard.

and ps- ancient Gore still bettern Drake was in 2018...  same team....better yp catch and carry

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

No real reason to keep this going, I'll be the one on the right side of history on this one.  Feel very confident if Bell has an OL he's a monster next year.

If they have an o-line next year, he'll be an afterthought. A footnote.  Because Darnold would destroy the Jets franchise record book for Passing. 

34 minutes ago, JiF said:

No real reason to keep this going, I'll be the one on the right side of history on this one.  Feel very confident if Bell has an OL he's a monster next year.

Filing this under jif delusions, had to upgrade my dropbox with all the wackadoodle sh*te in there

No, I mean that’s a good point in that we’re obviously not wiping out all of Macc’s terrible signings 

Gotcha.
I’ll say that if that first game was to be any indicator, Mosely was going to be a force for us.
It really sucks that we didn’t get to see him and Williamson together. At least we got to see Burgess and Hewitt. Both are very keepable and provide excellent depth

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, CTM said:

See above, it's because some of his 27M guaranteed pay is in the form of 2020 base salary guarantee which is traded with the player, but accelerates if cut

Is there any way he could be traded and the Jets pick up a portion of his 2020 base salary?

19 hours ago, jetsons said:

Okay... in his 1st yr as HC in Miami gase's offense ranked 24th... in his 2nd yr they ranked 25th... in his 3rd they ranked 31st... in his 1st yr with the Jets they ranked 32nd... Dead Last... gase has 1 yr to prove his worth...  2020 or Bust.

Wrong... that's on gase... you as a HC Adjust to your personnel... Not the other way around.

There isn't a HC that could have adjusted the game plan to take advantage of the garbage players the Jets had to trot out there considering 7 years of Idzik and Macc, then look at the amount of devastating injuries.

It's really simple, the HC can *NOT* make chicken salad out of chicken crap.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

There isn't a HC that could have adjusted the game plan to take advantage of the garbage players the Jets had to trot out there considering 7 years of Idzik and Macc, then look at the amount of devastating injuries.

um Todd Bowles and every other coach in the league...G williams....whos the HS coach out there? he would do too.

32 minutes ago, Big_Slick said:

Gregg Williams did exactly that.

Adam Gase utterly  failed.

Really good coaches over come and though they cannot totally overcome talent and injury issues they can make their side of the ball respectable.

Poor coaches blame injuries and lack of talent.

Williams middle of the pack, Gase dead freaking last.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Hey, we disagree about Darnold. You don't end up ranked 10th in QBR when your Oline ends up ranked at 32 without skills. 
There is no doubt in my mind watching this team that Sam Darnold dealt with more 2nd & 3rd & longs than any QB in this league. Our running game was abysmal. 
Anyone who watches the NFL agrees that the Jets have one of the worst offensive rosters in football & that was B4 they lost Quincy & Herndon, then Griffin. 
Unlike you, I can't wait to see Sam play confidently behind a solid Oline & all of his weapons available to him. He played with a clock in his head & the ball would explode in 2 seconds after the snap. That's a tough way to play QB.
Trust me I hope this pipe dream comes true ... I just haven't seen the greatness yet ...I've seen the averageness ... Which is a big step up from what we have been served the past few years.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Why? Because we need to get younger and faster at the RB position and this draft has some great RB's in it. 

Most teams in the playoffs have a 1-2 punch at RB with speed we have no speed. 

So draft a young quick rb in the later rounds and keep Bell

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Gregg Williams did exactly that.

Adam Gase utterly  failed.

Really good coaches over come and though they cannot totally overcome talent and injury issues they can make their side of the ball respectable.

Poor coaches blame injuries and lack of talent.

Williams middle of the pack, Gase dead freaking last.

The Patriots & the greatest Head Coach in history lost at home to Ryan Fitzpatrick & the Dolphins. Guess why? Not enough talent, and an underperforming offensive line. 

And the Patriots didn't suffer any catastrophic injuries in 2018. Football coaches aren't miracle workers for god sakes. The guy went 6-2 in his last 8 games with a paper thin roster. The Jets knocked both the Cowboys & Steelers out of the playoffs with those losses to the hapless Jets. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

The Patriots & the greatest Head Coach in history lost at home to Ryan Fitzpatrick & the Dolphins. Guess why? Not enough talent, and an underperforming offensive line. 

And the Patriots didn't suffer any catastrophic injuries in 2018. Football coaches aren't miracle workers for god sakes. The guy went 6-2 in his last 8 games with a paper thin roster. The Jets knocked both the Cowboys & Steelers out of the playoffs with those losses to the hapless Jets. 

I don’t know what people expected from gase with how the OL kept changing from week to week, how the tight ends kept getting injured, how bell was obviously slower than prior years, and how darnold was going to be limited with wearing an extra brace to protect his spleen.  Some here don’t realize how difficult it is to keep changing the fundamental game plans because your tackles and skill positions keep changing.  

For much of the 2nd half of the season the jets had so many injuries, their overall talent level was that of teams like Washington, miami and cincy.  This is why they lost to 2 of these teams, it’s b/c they didn’t have as much talent as these teams.  Ironically, i think coaching is one element that helped them get to 6-2 the 2nd half of the season.

• Upvote 1