Looking for that Gregg Williams vid

9 minutes ago, hobblingjetster said:

Not really. I know. That Gregg Williams vid ... he says **** often. Anyone care to share?

As hard as it is to find true highlights of Jamal Adams, you did it, and you’re telling me you can’t find the video you’re looking for??

PS. We don’t make threads for these type of inquiries, sir.

16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

As hard as it is to find true highlights of Jamal Adams, you did it, and you’re telling me you can’t find the video you’re looking for??

PS. We don’t make threads for these type of inquiries, sir.

My apologies. I saw the link in the comments here I think. My apologies again.  Love the site. I am a super positive Jets fan. Of the late Namath, Richard Todd and Ken O'Brian era. Walker 85 is my favorite Jet. Freeman McNeil and Curtis Martin brought me so much happiness. Cheers.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, hobblingjetster said:

My apologies. I saw the link in the comments here I think. My apologies again.  Love the site. I am a super positive Jets fan. Of the late Namath, Richard Todd and Ken O'Brian era. Walker 85 is my favorite Jet. Freeman McNeil and Curtis Martin brought me so much happiness. Cheers.

Lol no need to apologize. I’m just up late, bored and feel like busting someone’s chops to be completely honest.

Welcome to the board. Hope you stick around.

there probably aren’t a ton of super positive Jet fans around right now, for obvious reasons, but I can appreciate someone still being that positive after all of these years — it’s usually the ones who’ve been around the longest that are the most bitter but interestingly enough, you seem to be as bright eyed as a brand new fan. 

I can respect that. Again, welcome. This is the best Jets board on the internet.

5 hours ago, hobblingjetster said:

It's the vid where he rips the defense on run defense. Thanks

I see a small leap into the playoffs and a crushing defense to win it all next year.

We would have to do it in 2021 without Williams as DC. He will be a HC somewhere. I hope here.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

He'll be 63 in 2021, the chances of him getting a HC job are very slim.

Not so sure about that.  These were the oldest head coaches in 2019.  63 is up there, but his credentials are as well.  I wonder how much less of a sh-tshow CLE would have been with GW instead of FK as the coach last season.

Oldest NFL Head Coaches 2019

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

We would have to do it in 2021 without Williams as DC. He will be a HC somewhere. I hope here.

He’s a leader and has a degree in psychology. He understands people. He’s a hard ass and he knows how to scheme up on defense. I’d love him as our next HC if there isn’t a clearly better option. Get him a nice OC and let’s work bc players respect the sh*t out of Greg Williams.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Williams getting another HC gig? I doubt it. 

I’m on a heater lately but I definitely could be wrong. But in a league desperate for competent HCs my money is on him getting a shot especially if Jets D overachieves again. He might be seen as a perfect “bridge” guy on a win-now team.

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Not so sure about that.  These were the oldest head coaches in 2019.  63 is up there, but his credentials are as well.  I wonder how much less of a sh-tshow CLE would have been with GW instead of FK as the coach last season.

Good data although most these guys are pretty entrenched (not newly-hired). Arians is a historical outlier. I still think Williams gets one more shot but we’ll see.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s a leader and has a degree in psychology. He understands people. He’s a hard ass and he knows how to scheme up on defense. I’d love him as our next HC if there isn’t a clearly better option. Get him a nice OC and let’s work bc players respect the sh*t out of Greg Williams.

His story almost requires one more shot at HC. Cleveland clearly made the wrong choice.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, jgb said:

His story almost requires one more shot at HC. Cleveland clearly made the wrong choice.

Per usual.

Unfortunately, we did too but he’s on our staff, this is definitely fixable. I hope Chris looks to Gregg when all is said and done but he is a DC and Chris is a dumbass who thinks any offensive coordinator should be the HC now so... 

i think just getting a guy who can manage a full team and demand respect is all you need. 

Look at the Titans.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’m on a heater lately but I definitely could be wrong. But in a league desperate for competent HCs my money is on him getting a shot especially if Jets D overachieves again. He might be seen as a perfect “bridge” guy on a win-now team.

Good data although most these guys are pretty entrenched (not newly-hired). Arians is a historical outlier. I still think Williams gets one more shot but we’ll see.

I think Vic Fangio is the perfect argument for GW.  Fangio is 61 now and just got his first crack as a HC in Denver after years of being a DC.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Per usual.

Unfortunately, we did too but he’s on our staff, this is definitely fixable. I hope Chris looks to Gregg when all is said and done but he is a DC and Chris is a dumbass who thinks any offensive coordinator should be the HC now so... 

i think just getting a guy who can manage a full team and demand respect is all you need. 

Look at the Titans.

Agree problem is (as I see it) he will have the opportunity end of next season but if we are unwilling or unready to can Gase I fear the window closes.

5 hours ago, nycdan said:

Only Arians was hired at or older than 63 and Arians is a unique case because he got his first shot as a HC at 61.  I'm not sure anyone else got their first shot that late.  Williams had a shot and struggled in Buffalo, I will be very surprised if he gets another chance this late.  The only team I think would have hired him was Washington and now they are set for a while.

Now if the D acts like the 2000 Ravens and leads us to a SB then maybe but outside of something incredible happening I don't see it.