Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hobblingjetster

Looking for that Gregg Williams vid

Recommended Posts

It's the vid where he rips the defense on run defense. Thanks

I see a small leap into the playoffs and a crushing defense to win it all next year.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

oh boy you have a lot to learn around here

Not really. I know. That Gregg Williams vid ... he says **** often. Anyone care to share?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, hobblingjetster said:

Not really. I know. That Gregg Williams vid ... he says **** often. Anyone care to share?

As hard as it is to find true highlights of Jamal Adams, you did it, and you’re telling me you can’t find the video you’re looking for?🥴

PS. We don’t make threads for these type of inquiries, sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

As hard as it is to find true highlights of Jamal Adams, you did it, and you’re telling me you can’t find the video you’re looking for?🥴

PS. We don’t make threads for these type of inquiries, sir.

My apologies. I saw the link in the comments here I think. My apologies again.  Love the site. I am a super positive Jets fan. Of the late Namath, Richard Todd and Ken O'Brian era. Walker 85 is my favorite Jet. Freeman McNeil and Curtis Martin brought me so much happiness. Cheers.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, hobblingjetster said:

My apologies. I saw the link in the comments here I think. My apologies again.  Love the site. I am a super positive Jets fan. Of the late Namath, Richard Todd and Ken O'Brian era. Walker 85 is my favorite Jet. Freeman McNeil and Curtis Martin brought me so much happiness. Cheers.

Lol no need to apologize. I’m just up late, bored and feel like busting someone’s chops to be completely honest.

Welcome to the board. Hope you stick around.

there probably aren’t a ton of super positive Jet fans around right now, for obvious reasons, but I can appreciate someone still being that positive after all of these years — it’s usually the ones who’ve been around the longest that are the most bitter but interestingly enough, you seem to be as bright eyed as a brand new fan. 

I can respect that. Again, welcome. This is the best Jets board on the internet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember well the 10-1 jets with Walker...and the falter. The slop bowl in Miami.  8-3 with Farve.  The missed fg against Pitt. The tough losses in the afc championships with Rex.  The 10-0 lead at halftime v Broncos...leading to their first sb win.

We will win with Darnold.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hobblingjetster said:

We will win with Darnold.

Now that I can get on board with. 

I love #14!💚

7209D32D-BC80-4D88-B33F-24FF4C99450B.gif

7A26FC28-F3D3-457A-8C7D-0EC8A3EEB0F6.gif

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hobblingjetster said:

It's the vid where he rips the defense on run defense. Thanks

I see a small leap into the playoffs and a crushing defense to win it all next year.

We would have to do it in 2021 without Williams as DC. He will be a HC somewhere. I hope here.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jgb said:

We would have to do it in 2021 without Williams as DC. He will be a HC somewhere. I hope here.

He'll be 63 in 2021, the chances of him getting a HC job are very slim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jgb said:

We would have to do it in 2021 without Williams as DC. He will be a HC somewhere. I hope here.

Williams getting another HC gig? I doubt it. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

He'll be 63 in 2021, the chances of him getting a HC job are very slim.

Not so sure about that.  These were the oldest head coaches in 2019.  63 is up there, but his credentials are as well.  I wonder how much less of a sh-tshow CLE would have been with GW instead of FK as the coach last season.

Oldest NFL Head Coaches 2019

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jgb said:

We would have to do it in 2021 without Williams as DC. He will be a HC somewhere. I hope here.

He’s a leader and has a degree in psychology. He understands people. He’s a hard ass and he knows how to scheme up on defense. I’d love him as our next HC if there isn’t a clearly better option. Get him a nice OC and let’s work bc players respect the sh*t out of Greg Williams.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, hobblingjetster said:

Thank you. That's it. 

This is where it all started.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Williams getting another HC gig? I doubt it. 

 

I’m on a heater lately but I definitely could be wrong. But in a league desperate for competent HCs my money is on him getting a shot especially if Jets D overachieves again. He might be seen as a perfect “bridge” guy on a win-now team.

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Not so sure about that.  These were the oldest head coaches in 2019.  63 is up there, but his credentials are as well.  I wonder how much less of a sh-tshow CLE would have been with GW instead of FK as the coach last season.

Oldest NFL Head Coaches 2019

Good data although most these guys are pretty entrenched (not newly-hired). Arians is a historical outlier. I still think Williams gets one more shot but we’ll see.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

He’s a leader and has a degree in psychology. He understands people. He’s a hard ass and he knows how to scheme up on defense. I’d love him as our next HC if there isn’t a clearly better option. Get him a nice OC and let’s work bc players respect the sh*t out of Greg Williams.

His story almost requires one more shot at HC. Cleveland clearly made the wrong choice.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hobblingjetster said:

It's the vid where he rips the defense on run defense. Thanks

I see a small leap into the playoffs and a crushing defense to win it all next year.

 

 

I believe this is the video you were asking for.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, jgb said:

His story almost requires one more shot at HC. Cleveland clearly made the wrong choice.

Per usual.

Unfortunately, we did too but he’s on our staff, this is definitely fixable. I hope Chris looks to Gregg when all is said and done but he is a DC and Chris is a dumbass who thinks any offensive coordinator should be the HC now so... 

i think just getting a guy who can manage a full team and demand respect is all you need. 

Look at the Titans.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’m on a heater lately but I definitely could be wrong. But in a league desperate for competent HCs my money is on him getting a shot especially if Jets D overachieves again. He might be seen as a perfect “bridge” guy on a win-now team.

Good data although most these guys are pretty entrenched (not newly-hired). Arians is a historical outlier. I still think Williams gets one more shot but we’ll see.

I think Vic Fangio is the perfect argument for GW.  Fangio is 61 now and just got his first crack as a HC in Denver after years of being a DC.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Per usual.

Unfortunately, we did too but he’s on our staff, this is definitely fixable. I hope Chris looks to Gregg when all is said and done but he is a DC and Chris is a dumbass who thinks any offensive coordinator should be the HC now so... 

i think just getting a guy who can manage a full team and demand respect is all you need. 

Look at the Titans.

Agree problem is (as I see it) he will have the opportunity end of next season but if we are unwilling or unready to can Gase I fear the window closes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nycdan said:

Not so sure about that.  These were the oldest head coaches in 2019.  63 is up there, but his credentials are as well.  I wonder how much less of a sh-tshow CLE would have been with GW instead of FK as the coach last season.

Oldest NFL Head Coaches 2019

Only Arians was hired at or older than 63 and Arians is a unique case because he got his first shot as a HC at 61.  I'm not sure anyone else got their first shot that late.  Williams had a shot and struggled in Buffalo, I will be very surprised if he gets another chance this late.  The only team I think would have hired him was Washington and now they are set for a while.

Now if the D acts like the 2000 Ravens and leads us to a SB then maybe but outside of something incredible happening I don't see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...