Attention Lith

YES. that is going to be interesting. My guess is he adds some nice verticals passing concepts into an already run heavy offense and doesn’t change too much up from how he did things in TB.

George Pickens is going to eat this year. I was a little worried on how Newman would come along in this offense but he excels at the deep ball, this could be good for him. Great move!

Edit: I was feeling down about next season without a definitive answer at QB but this instantly gave me a boner.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Lith said:

don't know a whole lot bout Newman,

Wake Forest QB. Seems to have really nice deep ball placement and can move around well. I’m excited to see if he can mesh well with the new scheme and talent around him. I think they brought in just the right guy to run the offense. I wanted Monken on the Jets but having him in Georgia is just as good.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

maybe if you could beat us, you wouldn’t have to hope for anything.?

If there is ever a year to do it, it's this year with all the turnover you're going to have.

And also , since that run we went on when it was like 15-4 Gators, it's been 3 game win streaks for each program and you just had yours so now it's our turn! ;-) 

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

If there is ever a year to do it, it's this year with all the turnover you're going to have.

And also , since that run we went on when it was like 15-4 Gators, it's been 3 game win streaks for each program and you just had yours so now it's our turn! ;-) 

Agreed If there ever was a year, 2020 could definitely be it. Not sure how UGA is going to look for the first time in a while. I like what I seen from clips of Newman. but this is definitely a gamble we’re taking at QB. I probably shouldn’t speak too soon?

49 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Agreed If there ever was a year, 2020 could definitely be it. Not sure how UGA is going to look for the first time in a while. I like what I seen from clips of Newman. but this is definitely a gamble we’re taking at QB. I probably shouldn’t speak too soon?

I'm interested to see how Newman does in the SEC.  He struggled passing the ball big time during the tough part of the schedule last season and that was in the ACC, a little injury history.  He could be amazing though.  Big athletic dynamic kid, for sure. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

another bulldogs fan? That makes 3 of us.

The numbers are rapidly growing, I like it.

Yeah - I’m a Georgia and Oregon fan.  I didn’t goto a school with college football so I picked Oregon in 7th grade cause of the uniforms and my college roommate went to Georgia for 2 years.  

15 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

That’s good for Kirby, because he couldn’t let another #1 rated QB leave the state.  

Still, a lot can happen between now and 2021, and then we need to keep him for more than 1 year.  But I agree.  The guy grew up 15 minutes from Athens; after he decommitted from Oklahoma, we had to find a way to keep him home.

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Still, a lot can happen between now and 2021, and then we need to keep him for more than 1 year.  But I agree.  The guy grew up 15 minutes from Athens; after he decommitted from Oklahoma, we had to find a way to keep him home.

Wow, great news to wake up to for me. But definitely a lot can happen between now and an entire year. I’ve seen plenty of commits dip out before.