Who's the #1 target in 2020 free agency for the Jets?

Who will Joe Douglas have at the top of his list in 2020 free agency not currently on they Jets  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Joe Douglas have at the top of his list in 2020 free agency not currently on they Jets

• Amari Cooper (WR) Cowboys
    • Chris Jonees (DE) Chiefs
    • Jadeveon Clowney (DE) Seahawks
    • Yannick Ngakoue (DE) Jaguars
    • Joe Thuney (OG) Patriots
    • Brandon Scherff (OG) Redskins
    • Anthony Castonzo (OT) Colts
    • Jack Conklin (OT) Titans
    • Other (put name of player in your reply)

On 1/17/2020 at 1:20 PM, JiF said:

I want Yannick.  I just got a feeling the Jags put the transition tag on him.

Edit: logic here is then they're not forced to feel like they need to draft a edge rusher.  It's obviously a massive need but signing a guy like Yannick and bringing back Jenkins would be very nice.   Then you go yolo offense with no worries.  I know this goes against my "All Offense Offseason" but he's such a beast, I think I'd rather him over the OL choices.

Also Putting a good DE in there with Jenkins may push him into the 10 sack range

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

He had a rough day. Didn’t he have two penalties on the same drive?  Or was it back to back drives I forget lol 

Yep.  A False Start and a Hold on back to back drives.  Granted, the hold didn't look like much.  But still.  Not his best day.  

Also have to wonder why the Titans would let a talented young RT go.  They're in pretty good shape as far as the cap goes.

On 1/17/2020 at 1:28 PM, playtowinthegame said:

Obviously we have some free agents of our own we want to keep, but with that said, who do you think Joe Douglas will target as his top guy when free agency starts in a little over 8 weeks from today.

Here is a list of the Top 25 Free Agents of 2020 according to Greg Rosenthal at NFL.com. I listed some of those players in this poll who could fill a need for our Jets.

I'll go first. Brandon Scherff, offensive guard, then draft Tristan Wirfs. Scherff & Wirfs…………..reminds me of Nick & Brick.

Conklin... Overpay this man.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He won't get a lot of love in this thread because he's a Patriot but I there's an argument to be made that Thuney is the best young o-lineman we could get.

I'd put him #2 behind Conklin.  Thuney's a LG, I think, so would slide in nicely and give a strong veteran presence between the rookie LT and rookie C the Jets may very well draft and start next year.

Though Conklin had a bad day yesterday, IIRC he was questionable coming into the game with injury, so may not have been at 100%. Supposedly he was very good most all year. 

The Jets are almost starting from scratch with the OL, so not much money is tied up there....yet.  Since there could be 2 or even 3 starters on rookie deals next year (two new draftees and maybe Edoga or a JAG guard), the Jets can afford to overpay at least one OL at this time.

On 1/17/2020 at 2:20 PM, JiF said:

I want Yannick.  I just got a feeling the Jags put the transition tag on him.

Edit: logic here is then they're not forced to feel like they need to draft a edge rusher.  It's obviously a massive need but signing a guy like Yannick and bringing back Jenkins would be very nice.   Then you go yolo offense with no worries.  I know this goes against my "All Offense Offseason" but he's such a beast, I think I'd rather him over the OL choices.

I'm with you, I want Yannick. I would love some OL but Glasgow wasn't an option. The Jags are going to be a team to watch for talent. They are right against the cap and will have to make some cuts. I don't think they'll have the money to slap the transition tag on Yannick without compromising other areas of the roster. 

Fingers crossed, guy is a beast of a rush artist.

• Upvote 1

On 1/19/2020 at 9:11 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Not the best day to promote him.  Had several key mistakes that helped cost the Titans the game. 

On 1/19/2020 at 9:12 PM, Jets723 said:

He had a rough day. Didn’t he have two penalties on the same drive?  Or was it back to back drives I forget lol 

58 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, he didnt have a great game. 

Still better then what they currently have and if he struggles you move him inside.  He was a starting tackle on one of the run heaviest squads out there. It doesn't matter. You can't be picky... The Jets are in a mess and need talent to get out... and he is young. 

Castonzo all the way.  Landing him would be a major coup.  Stick him in at LT and draft Wirfs for RT.   Draft a versatile interior O-lineman between rounds 5 and 7.  Jets could go from having the worst offensive line to one of the better ones.

It all comes down to adding a LT in FA.  Castonzo is a nice player.  Skilled, good team guy and always on the field.

Pay OVER market for him.  It is *THAT* important... 

9 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

Castonzo all the way.  Landing him would be a major coup.  Stick him in at LT and draft Wirfs for RT.   Draft a versatile interior O-lineman between rounds 5 and 7.  Jets could go from having the worst offensive line to one of the better ones.

It all comes down to adding a LT in FA.  Castonzo is a nice player.  Skilled, good team guy and always on the field.

Not attacking you, but wasn't that the same garbage that the Giants fell for two years ago with Solder?

10 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I like Costonzo, but I don't think we want a break the bank contract.  He is an older guy.  That doesn't make him a do not touch, but it should lower the price.  OTOH, Whitworth is still rolling along at 38, and people didn't want to touch him because he was old in 2017.  It will be interesting to see how these guys are valued.