Etienne staying at Clemson

sec101row23

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Wow.  I never remember a year when this many RBs chose to stay.  Etienne, Najee Harris, Chuba Hubbard.  Maybe another one or two guys I missed.

Agreed.  I’m selfishly excited though.   Now we don’t have to worry about handing over the lead RB duties to the true freshman Demarcus Bowman, even though he’s going to be outstanding.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Wow.  I never remember a year when this many RBs chose to stay.  Etienne, Najee Harris, Chuba Hubbard.  Maybe another one or two guys I missed.

Not looking like as good a year for RBs as we would have originally thought.  

Considering RBs less than average NFL lifespan, one would think that more, not fewer, RBs would come out early.  One more year to make some money and they have fewer years than most other positions.

• Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Considering RBs less than average NFL lifespan, one would think that more, not fewer, RBs would come out early.  One more year to make some money and they have fewer years than most other positions.

^^ 

8 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  I’m selfishly excited though.   Now we don’t have to worry about handing over the lead RB duties to the true freshman Demarcus Bowman, even though he’s going to be outstanding.  

I'm really surprised.

He's already won a natty, so it's not like there's unfinished business.... on top of that, is it likely he catapults into a round 1 pick next year?... I don't know what he stands to gain; beyond more wear on the tires and a year lost at a position with a short lifespan in the NFL

9 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'm really surprised.

He's already won a natty, so it's not like there's unfinished business.... on top of that, is it likely he catapults into a round 1 pick next year?... I don't know what he stands to gain; beyond more wear on the tires and a year lost at a position with a short lifespan in the NFL

He’s a different kid, people around the program will tell you he’s just wired different.  He really wants to graduate before going to the NFL and loves playing college ball at Clemson.  He’s not that concerned about career earnings right now.  

• Sympathy 1