Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sec101row23

Etienne staying at Clemson

Recommended Posts

Wow.  I never remember a year when this many RBs chose to stay.  Etienne, Najee Harris, Chuba Hubbard.  Maybe another one or two guys I missed.

Not looking like as good a year for RBs as we would have originally thought.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lith said:

Wow.  I never remember a year when this many RBs chose to stay.  Etienne, Najee Harris, Chuba Hubbard.  Maybe another one or two guys I missed.

Agreed.  I’m selfishly excited though.   Now we don’t have to worry about handing over the lead RB duties to the true freshman Demarcus Bowman, even though he’s going to be outstanding.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lith said:

Wow.  I never remember a year when this many RBs chose to stay.  Etienne, Najee Harris, Chuba Hubbard.  Maybe another one or two guys I missed.

Not looking like as good a year for RBs as we would have originally thought.  

Considering RBs less than average NFL lifespan, one would think that more, not fewer, RBs would come out early.  One more year to make some money and they have fewer years than most other positions.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whaaaa? wow

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Considering RBs less than average NFL lifespan, one would think that more, not fewer, RBs would come out early.  One more year to make some money and they have fewer years than most other positions.

^^ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy if you ask me.  Maybe some of them think they will light it up next year and then get drafted higher but its a huge risk.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Build the OLine this year in the Draft and then go RB next year to take advantage of the foundation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  I’m selfishly excited though.   Now we don’t have to worry about handing over the lead RB duties to the true freshman Demarcus Bowman, even though he’s going to be outstanding.  

I'm really surprised.

He's already won a natty, so it's not like there's unfinished business.... on top of that, is it likely he catapults into a round 1 pick next year?... I don't know what he stands to gain; beyond more wear on the tires and a year lost at a position with a short lifespan in the NFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Paradis said:

I'm really surprised.

He's already won a natty, so it's not like there's unfinished business.... on top of that, is it likely he catapults into a round 1 pick next year?... I don't know what he stands to gain; beyond more wear on the tires and a year lost at a position with a short lifespan in the NFL

He’s a different kid, people around the program will tell you he’s just wired different.  He really wants to graduate before going to the NFL and loves playing college ball at Clemson.  He’s not that concerned about career earnings right now.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...