Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JTJet

Etienne returning to Clemson

Recommended Posts

But, someone here was calling to draft him months ago.  

Really.

He was

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But, someone here was calling to draft him months ago.  

Really.

He was

I was I am proud of it and I stand behind any statement I make here. 

I cannot control the players decision, now can I. 

There are plenty of really good RB's with speed in this draft, I hope the NY Jets get 1. 

D'Andre Swift 

Jonathan Taylor 

J.K Dobbins 

Najee Harris 

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was I am proud of it and I stand behind any statement i make here. 

I cannot control the players decision, now can I. 

There are plenty of really good RB's with speed in this draft, I hope the NY Jets get 1. 

D'Andre Swift 

Jonathan Taylor 

J.K Dobbins 

Najee Harris 

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Give me Jonathan Taylor or give me death. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was I am proud of it and I stand behind any statement i make here. 

I cannot control the players decision, now can I. 

There are plenty of really good RB's with speed in this draft, I hope the NY Jets get 1. 

D'Andre Swift 

Jonathan Taylor 

J.K Dobbins 

Najee Harris 

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Have to say, I don't, ever remembers you wanting the guys who wound up top of the season months ago.  

He was a top RB coming into the season Joe

Google top college backs...

College Football's Top 60 Running Backs for 2019
  • J.K. Dobbins, Ohio State. ... 
  • Ke'Shawn Vaughn, Vanderbilt. ... 
  • Najee Harris, Alabama. ... 
  • D'Andre Swift, Georgia. ... 
  • AJ Dillon, Boston College. ... 
  • Eno Benjamin, Arizona State. ... 
  • Travis Etienne, Clemson. ... 
  • Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

That’s a dumb move for a RB. 

A position here injuries are a dime a dozen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, New York Mick said:

That’s a dumb move for a RB. 

Most teams in the playoffs have a 1-2 punch at RB we need a RB who has speed who can hit the hole and be gone for a long run. 

S.F might have 4 burners at RB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, joewilly12 said:

Most teams in the playoffs have a 1-2 punch at RB we need a RB who has speed who can hit the hole and be gone for a long run. 

S.F might have 4 burners at RB. 

Just about every NFL team, playoffs or not, has a 1-2 punch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A position here injuries are a dime a dozen

Yup so going to college another season to get beat up is stupid. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GB- Jamaal Williams/Aaron Jones 

S.F Matt Breida/Tevin Coleman/Raheem Mosert/Jeff Wilson Jr.

K.C Damien Williams/LeSean McCoy/Darwin Thompson 

Tenn Derrick Henry/Dion Lewis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Most teams in the playoffs have a 1-2 punch at RB we need a RB who has speed who can hit the hole and be gone for a long run. 

S.F might have 4 burners at RB. 

You post enough that it's okay if you don't do any re-runs. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

GB- Jamaal Williams/Aaron Jones 

S.F Matt Breida/Tevin Coleman/Raheem Mosert/Jeff Wilson Jr.

K.C Damien Williams/LeSean McCoy/Darwin Thompson 

Tenn Derrick Henry/Dion Lewis 

 

1 minute ago, slats said:

You post enough that it's okay if you don't do any re-runs. 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:
Image result for einstein pics

 

Next to you. YES.  

Guess just attempting to tell me I'm wrong wouldn't have worked for you

This was better, don't have to explain.

One last thing, if I, or anyone post a picture like this, for the same reason, you cry like a child.

Knock it off.  You waste more bandwidth than anyone on the internet 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite a head scratching move. I mean I highly doubt his draft position is going to improve next year since he's already got a ton of game film for scouts to look at. All he's doing is adding another 200+ touches and risking injury that would hurt his draft position for 2021.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was I am proud of it and I stand behind any statement I make here. 

I cannot control the players decision, now can I. 

There are plenty of really good RB's with speed in this draft, I hope the NY Jets get 1. 

D'Andre Swift 

Jonathan Taylor 

J.K Dobbins 

Najee Harris 

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

Harris is also going back next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

 

Next to you. YES.  

Guess just attempting to tell me I'm wrong wouldn't have worked for you

This was better, don't have to explain.

One last thing, if I, or anyone post a picture like this, for the same reason, you cry like a child.

Knock it off.  You waste more bandwidth than anyone on the internet 

:rl:

:-({|=

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

:rl:

:-({|=

 

You really can't help yourself and deserve every beating you take on the board.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JTJet said:

Give me Jonathan Taylor or give me death. 

Holy sh*t, I think I love you.

I’ve been all over Taylor since his commitment to Wisconsin. If we get rid of L Bell...GET JONATHAN TAYLORRRRR. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the one hand, the risk seems dumb, but when you look at the economics of the RB position, it may not be.

Many RBs never make it to their 2nd contract.  Those that do are probably only getting paid that once because by the time their 2nd contract is up, they are probably pushing 30 and unless they are a rare cat, they are going to be washed up.  So assuming you may only get your rookie contract, it makes sense to get paid as much as possible on it.  If Etienne is hearing he is a 2nd round pick this year, but believes he could push up to the 1st round next year, then staying might be a smart decision.  

Josh Jacobs was picked 24th in the 1st round last year and got an $11.9MM deal over 4 years.

Miles Sanders was picked 21st in the 2nd round last year and got a $5.3MM deal over 4 years.  

Sure there's risk, but it certainly seems worth waiting a year if you think you can jump from round 2 to round 1.  Most positions wouldn't have to worry about it, but I think RBs have to use different math.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Holy sh*t, I think I love you.

I’ve been all over Taylor since his commitment to Wisconsin. If we get rid of L Bell...GET JONATHAN TAYLORRRRR. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

Dude was by FAR the best RB this year. Wasnt even remotely close. 

- Most Freshman RB yards EVER. 

- Most Sophmore RB yards EVER.

- NCAA Record for most 200 yard games 12. 

- Rushed for 6000 yards in 3 years, breaking Herschel Walkers record.....in 247 LESS carries.

- 2 Doak Walker Awards

- Top 10 in Heisman voting 3 times.

The lack of spotlight on this guy nationally is virtually criminal, but yeah...gimme gimme.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JTJet said:

Dude was by FAR the best RB this year. Wasnt even remotely close. 

- Most Freshman RB yards EVER. 

- Most Sophmore RB yards EVER.

- NCAA Record for most 200 yard games 12. 

- Rushed for 6000 yards in 3 years, breaking Herschel Walkers record.....in 247 LESS carries.

- 2 Doak Walker Awards

- Top 10 in Heisman voting 3 times.

The lack of spotlight on this guy nationally is virtually criminal, but yeah...gimme gimme.

Thank god im not the only one giving him the attention he deserves. 

He’s also a local kid. Salam, NJ.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, New York Mick said:

That’s a dumb move for a RB. 

Crazy stupid. Shocking actually. Unless he's a 4.0 student athlete & is considering another line of work taking a chance of playing an extra year of college football & with so many injuries in football it's an insane decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, nycdan said:

On the one hand, the risk seems dumb, but when you look at the economics of the RB position, it may not be.

Many RBs never make it to their 2nd contract.  Those that do are probably only getting paid that once because by the time their 2nd contract is up, they are probably pushing 30 and unless they are a rare cat, they are going to be washed up.  So assuming you may only get your rookie contract, it makes sense to get paid as much as possible on it.  If Etienne is hearing he is a 2nd round pick this year, but believes he could push up to the 1st round next year, then staying might be a smart decision.  

Josh Jacobs was picked 24th in the 1st round last year and got an $11.9MM deal over 4 years.

Miles Sanders was picked 21st in the 2nd round last year and got a $5.3MM deal over 4 years.  

Sure there's risk, but it certainly seems worth waiting a year if you think you can jump from round 2 to round 1.  Most positions wouldn't have to worry about it, but I think RBs have to use different math.

I hear you but still, a guy like Etienne derives a lot of his value from being a dangerous receiver.  He can balance the running and passing over time and still get his 2nd contract sooner.  

I still say the jets would be wise to draft Edwards heliare, as he’d be an efficient chain mover and receiver out of the backfield, but i just have a hard time believing that gase would be ok with drafting and using a back of this size.  But then again I have no idea what type of running back he likes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I was I am proud of it and I stand behind any statement I make here. 

 

May want to re-think that statement.😀

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

May want to re-think that statement.😀

Nope we all make mistakes and say things that sometimes don't work out and we eat crow no big deal.

You should know this, you are from perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...