Outside Of Adams Do The Jets Have A Top Five Players At Any Position?

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Quinnen Williams is for sure top 5 in disappointing 1st round picks from last year.

Joe Benigno: "Qwinnin...Kinnen?  I don't know how to pronounce his name, all I know is that between him and Dee Milliner, the NY Jets are the ONLY team able to find the ONLY 2 guys coming out of Alabama who can't play football"....hahaha

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If Robby did get $15 million per year he would be tied for the 12th highest paid WR in the league, but hey, why let the facts ruin an idea. 
Let's compare his career tonthose twelve ... And a bunch of guys in the 7 mill range or less

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Warfish said:

Can you tell me the last 12-4 team ranked 31st in Offense? :-k

Also, he wasn't 12-4.  He was 7-9.  So using your "judge by record" he is a loser.....till he shows otherwise.

Beating up worse teams in meaningless garbage time.  He was 1-7 in games that mattered.

Really?  I'll ask again, how many Super Bowls have been won by team ranked 25-32 in Offense (the "Gase Zone").

You are so full of you know what. Stop associating every Jets offensive problem on Gase. That's not even half true. Adam Gase took over a team that was already horrendous on offense. Gase was also forced to coach players brought in by one of the worst GM's in team history. They had probably the very worst OL in franchise history. He was a GM that neglected the OL for his entire Jets career.

You always think that you're some sort of master debator or something? You're not. You're someone who consistently answers a posters opinion with your own OPINION and nothing more. 

The FACT is, and this is probably the ONLY fact, is that the Jets offense has been TERRIBLE regardless of who has been coaching it for years. It's not just Adam Gase. It's EVERYONE from REX Ryan to Todd Bowles to Adam Gase to Brian Schottenheimer to Tony Sparano to Marty Mornhinweg to Chan Gailey and a sh*t ton of others. I don't know, I lose count of all the people that produce the very SAME result.

What I will say and this is my OPINION:

1) I don't believe a single HC or OC the Jets have had has gotten a chance to run their offense with anything more than one or two players of their preference/liking? ALL of them have worked under less than ideal circumstances.

2) Gase deserves an opportunity to operate a Jets offense at least partially in his preference. I want to see what he can do with a revamped OL. He went 7-9 last season with a terrible roster. That's the best record the Jets have had in 5 seasons. ?went 10-6 in 2015 after the GM spent 50 million in FA. Based on that season alone the Jets gave ?an additional 3 seasons to coach the team. So I think Gase has earned at least one more season to see this thing through.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

You are so full of you know what. Stop associating every Jets offensive problem on Gase. That's not even half true. Adam Gase took over a team that was already horrendous on offense. Gase was also forced to coach players brought in by one of the worst GM's in team history. They had probably the very worst OL in franchise history. He was a GM that neglected the OL for his entire Jets career.

You always think that you're some sort of master debator or something? You're not. You're someone who consistently answers a posters opinion with your own OPINION and nothing more. 

The FACT is, and this is probably the ONLY fact, is that the Jets offense has been TERRIBLE regardless of who has been coaching it for years. It's not just Adam Gase. It's EVERYONE from REX Ryan to Todd Bowles to Adam Gase to Brian Schottenheimer to Tony Sparano to Marty Mornhinweg to Chan Gailey and a sh*t ton of others. I don't know, I lose count of all the people that produce the very SAME result.

1) I don't believe a single HC or OC the Jets have had has gotten a chance to run their offense with anything more than one or two players of their preference/liking? ALL of them have worked under less than ideal circumstances.

2) Gase deserves an opportunity to operate a Jets offense at least partially in his preference. I want to see what he can do with a revamped OL. He went 7-9 last season with a terrible roster. That's the best record the Jets have had in 5 seasons. ?went 10-6 in 2015 after the GM spent 50 million in FA. Based on that season alone the Jets gave ?an additional 3 seasons to coach the team. So I think Gase has earned at least one more season to see this thing through.

Gase sucks

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The top 5 Safeties in the NFL (in no particular order) are Earl Thomas, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Kevin Byard, Derwin James and Eddie Jackson.

If you want to say Jamal is a top 5 SS/Box Safety, sure, I'll give you that.  

Is this your opinion or are there facts and links supporting this statement?

Are all these better safety’s going to the Pro Bowl too?

53 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Just a wee bit triggered there, eh?

Amazing that in all that furious word soup, you still couldn't answer the one question I asked you:  Who was the last 12-4 team ranked 31st in Offense, and how many Super Bowls have been won by team ranked 25-32 in Offense (the "Gase Zone")?

As for it not being half true, I'm curious which fact you are in disagreement with:

1. That Gase was not 12-4 in 2019, he was 7-9.

2. That 7-9 is a losing record.

3. That Gase's team started 1-7 and was de facto eliminated prior to the 6-2 late run.

4. That of the 6 wins in the 6-2 run, most were against worse or equally bad teams (Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Raiders).

5. That the "Gase Zone" is best described as being ranked between 24-32, Gase's actually Offensive ranking since becoming an NFL Head Coach?

As for your opinions, let me counter directly:

1. No NFL Head Coach works under ideal conditions.  If you're waiting for ideal conditions, you're never going to get them.

2. Gase's Offense was 100% "his preference" in 2019, he designed it, it was his playbook and his play calling.  It's 100% his.  The Roster may not be to his preference, and he has this coming offseason to change that.  

I will agree with one point as well, we have indeed sucked on offense for years now.  Which is why I find your dismissive "I don't care what the offense is ranked" comment so mind boggling.  I care, for the same reasons above and here:  31st ranked offenses do not win Super Bowls.  And the JEts have been all-in on Defense for over a decade, with multiple top 10 Defenses, and we've won little.....except for the years we also had good higher ranked offenses.  A high ranked, productive Offense is the key to winning in the NFL.  So every fan should care where we are ranked, and demand better.  They should not be excusing failure like a white knight who thinks Coach Gase will notice them and blow them kisses for their defense of him.    

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Can you tell me the last 12-4 team ranked 31st in Offense? :-k

Also, he wasn't 12-4.  He was 7-9.  So using your "judge by record" he is a loser.....till he shows otherwise.

Beating up worse teams in meaningless garbage time.  He was 1-7 in games that mattered.

Really?  I'll ask again, how many Super Bowls have been won by team ranked 25-32 in Offense (the "Gase Zone").

I’ve answered all of points brought up by this post in the past. I’m sick of doing so. Think what you want.

I'm not making excuses, but they did go through a heckuva bad hand that was dealt to them after leading 16-0 against the Bills [in Week 1]. It seems like they couldn't get a good card from the deck for a while." -- Namath on the state of the Jets

saw this and wanted to share and didnt know what was the appropriate thread....

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

Just a wee bit triggered there, eh?

Amazing that in all that furious word soup, you still couldn't answer the one question I asked you:  Who was the last 12-4 team ranked 31st in Offense, and how many Super Bowls have been won by team ranked 25-32 in Offense (the "Gase Zone")?

As for it not being half true, I'm curious which fact you are in disagreement with:

1. That Gase was not 12-4 in 2019, he was 7-9.

2. That 7-9 is a losing record.

3. That Gase's team started 1-7 and was de facto eliminated prior to the 6-2 late run.

4. That of the 6 wins in the 6-2 run, most were against worse or equally bad teams (Dolphins, Giants, Redskins, Raiders).

5. That the "Gase Zone" is best described as being ranked between 24-32, Gase's actually Offensive ranking since becoming an NFL Head Coach?

As for your opinions, let me counter directly:

1. No NFL Head Coach works under ideal conditions.  If you're waiting for ideal conditions, you're never going to get them.

2. Gase's Offense was 100% "his preference" in 2019, he designed it, it was his playbook and his play calling.  It's 100% his.  The Roster may not be to his preference, and he has this coming offseason to change that.  

I will agree with one point as well, we have indeed sucked on offense for years now.  Which is why I find your dismissive "I don't care what the offense is ranked" comment so mind boggling.  I care, for the same reasons above and here:  31st ranked offenses do not win Super Bowls.  And the JEts have been all-in on Defense for over a decade, with multiple top 10 Defenses, and we've won little.....except for the years we also had good higher ranked offenses.  A high ranked, productive Offense is the key to winning in the NFL.  So every fan should care where we are ranked, and demand better.  They should not be excusing failure like a white knight who thinks Coach Gase will notice them and blow them kisses for their defense of him.    

Keep up with the program Warfish. I didn't post that someone else did. Lol

• WTF? 1