UnitedWhofans

What nobody is mentioning re Tannehill/Gase

59 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You can't have it both ways, Product on the field was a reflection of overall talent. Talent wasn't there but they beat teams with more talent?

Actually I can.  Forgetting about the fact that the defense was the reason they won and the offense was 31st in the league. 

Let’s even put that aside.  There’s simply no reason it can’t be both - Just because the talent is terrible doesn’t make the coach good.  I’ve watched enough football to know the real deal from a fraud.  Gase is a fraud and it’s completely obvious.....

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

42 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually, you have to take an honest look at the talent on the field.

A lot more complicated than just screaming "Gase SUCKS", like you do at every turn.

It’s actually “Gase Stinks” - and it’s true.  

Btw..I’m not suggesting you don’t have to take the talent into account - I get it, which is why I’m not even judging on the losing record.  But his offense was just downright awful, predicable and quite often completely non-competitive.  

This is an offensive minded HC that has consistently put up the worst offenses in the NFL for four straight years now and have gotten worse each year.  

I just don’t know how anyone can justify that.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Be honest, this is pure BS.

You tore him to shreds before watching him coach a single practice or game with the Jets.  Predicted the team and players would all hate him.  Called him a fraud in February .  

And you’re saying I wasn’t right?

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

If you believe that than what's the point of watching the team in 2020? Gase is the coach, your absolutely sure he sucks & will fail so watching them would be a complete waste of time. Move on & come back after he's fired which your sure will happen eventually. 

First off, I am a real fan, so I watch even when I expect them to be bad (which is often)

with that said, I can be wrong - I’ve been wrong many, many times in my life.  I certainly hope I am wrong but the body of evidence over the last 4 years tells a pretty clear story.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

YES, can you read? I dont think the story has played out.  Youre just bitching to continue your whine.

Hes a fraud, wtf does that even mean? 

Sorry, you seem to be getting angry - I apologize if I’ve upset you - I just have an opinion hat seemingly disagrees with yours.

Now - how is he a fraud...

1( Offensive genius 

2) Coaching to where the game is going

3) QB Whisperer

4) First is was the GM in Miami, then the owner in Miami, then the GM at the Jets.  

This guy has more excuses than any coach I’ve ever seen - hence “Fraud”

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

The entire argument is stupid. Do you know why? Every pundit, every Jet fan, had a realistic outlook for the Ny Jets & it wasn't pretty. That was BEFORE the injuries. The ENTIRE offseason was thread after thread about the idiocy of Chris Johnson firing Bowles & keeping Macc. 

Thread after thread were reminders of our horrific drafts, terrible free agent acquisitions (Trumaine), and how horribly the roster has been managed. 

Then, we fire Macc & hire JD after free agency & the draft leaving him in position to being a bottom feeder to fill out the roster. What the f*ck were you fans expecting? We didn't have our QB, we had to change the Oline lineup 11 times! And we still ended the season 6-2. I don't give a f*ck who we beat, the sisters of the poor? Bring em on, that's the NFL. Nobody gave a sh*t that the Pats were ripping apart terrible teams to start the season, they were anointing their defense as one of the best ever. 

What other team in this league has a guy as skinny & one dimensional as Robbie Anderson as their starting #1 WR? Look what playing WITHOUT a TE did to the Patriots offense. The Texans, a team with the same coach for years gave up 51 points in the playoffs. The Vikings a team loaded with talent bowed out of the playoffs again when their Oline was dominated & Dalvin Cook ran for 38 yards. Yup, Cousins had a tough time without a running game, shocking. 

Reality vs Jet fan reality. Expect the worse, go 1-7, finish 6-2, bitch. Repeat. 

Except the fan base can tell the difference between quality coaching and bad. 

Do you hear people complaining about Williams? No. Because even though he also had a terrible roster, riddled with injuries he found a way to keep the team competitive.  This isn’t a fan base that just hates  

we get the record but we also watched the games and understand how they played and why they won   

it’s a relatively knowledgeable fan base on JN - that can see what we have in Gase - that he is someone that will ultimately hold this team back.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Who did you want? McCarthy? The Pack just went 13-3 without him & are back in the NFCCG. Pretty easy to look good when everyone's healthy, you have Aaron Rogers, Devonte Adams, Jimmy Graham, Jamaal Williams & an above average Oline. 

How would you be rated at work surrounded by a bunch of Schmos & half the office calling out sick? It's a legitimate excuse but all of you think Ryan Tannehill learned to play QB in the Titans camp taking backup QB snaps. 

I did want McCarthy - I prefer winners than losers from the same division.  There were so many red flags with this hire that I don’t really blame Gase as much as I do CJ - sometimes he just seems so clueless and in way over his head.

Yes, it was time for McCarthy to move on - after his extended period of time at one place sometimes it’s just time.  Fresh blood is necessary.  His message and style was likely just being drowned out.

Look at Andy Reid as a similar example.  Was he a bad coach when he left Philly? Did Philly go on to win a SB a few years later?

Does that mean Reid is a bad coach?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company