UnitedWhofans

What nobody is mentioning re Tannehill/Gase

Considering he went to Tennessee as the backup QB which means less starter snaps & basically an injury insurance policy for Mariotta why isn't the story that Adam Gase PREPARED Ryan Tannehill for his current success?

This is the 1st coach for the Jets that some fans want fired that went 7-5 with his starting QB. It's very strange, I don't get it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because he’s a bad coach and if you watch the team play it’s obvious.

As far as I’m concerned if you miss the playoffs record is meaningless - and then you have to look at the product that was put the field.  It wasn’t pretty.  

You can't have it both ways, Product on the field was a reflection of overall talent. Talent wasn't there but they beat teams with more talent?

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

I hope this was a joke. 

Oh, so as a backup in camp at Tennessee he learned to play QB? GTFOOH!

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Actually I can.  Forgetting about the fact that the defense was the reason they won and the offense was 31st in the league. 

Let’s even put that aside.  There’s simply no reason it can’t be both - Just because the talent is terrible doesn’t make the coach good.  I’ve watched enough football to know the real deal from a fraud.  Gase is a fraud and it’s completely obvious.....

If you believe that than what's the point of watching the team in 2020? Gase is the coach, your absolutely sure he sucks & will fail so watching them would be a complete waste of time. Move on & come back after he's fired which your sure will happen eventually. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

8 hours ago, CurtMart said:

Wow. You really weren’t kidding. Kinda sad. 

He threw 14 passes & had 7 completions in the Titans last win because Derrick Henry & the Titans Oline are trucking everyone, sound familiar? 

Your a Jet fan, you don't remember 2009, 2010? Sanchez went to 2 AFCCGs behind the same ground & pound plan except Henry is breaking f*cking records! Bell averaged like 40 yards a game, Henry has been rushing for 190, lol. Play action works pretty good when your ripping off run after run. 

I hate my own fan base. 

• Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Does it say anything how many fans are unhappy with Gase?

Or do you think everyone who is doubting or critical of Gase is just too stupid to see how great he is?

The entire argument is stupid. Do you know why? Every pundit, every Jet fan, had a realistic outlook for the Ny Jets & it wasn't pretty. That was BEFORE the injuries. The ENTIRE offseason was thread after thread about the idiocy of Chris Johnson firing Bowles & keeping Macc. 

Thread after thread were reminders of our horrific drafts, terrible free agent acquisitions (Trumaine), and how horribly the roster has been managed. 

Then, we fire Macc & hire JD after free agency & the draft leaving him in position to being a bottom feeder to fill out the roster. What the f*ck were you fans expecting? We didn't have our QB, we had to change the Oline lineup 11 times! And we still ended the season 6-2. I don't give a f*ck who we beat, the sisters of the poor? Bring em on, that's the NFL. Nobody gave a sh*t that the Pats were ripping apart terrible teams to start the season, they were anointing their defense as one of the best ever. 

What other team in this league has a guy as skinny & one dimensional as Robbie Anderson as their starting #1 WR? Look what playing WITHOUT a TE did to the Patriots offense. The Texans, a team with the same coach for years gave up 51 points in the playoffs. The Vikings a team loaded with talent bowed out of the playoffs again when their Oline was dominated & Dalvin Cook ran for 38 yards. Yup, Cousins had a tough time without a running game, shocking. 

Reality vs Jet fan reality. Expect the worse, go 1-7, finish 6-2, bitch. Repeat. 

• Thumb Down 1

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Except the fan base can tell the difference between quality coaching and bad. 

Do you hear people complaining about Williams? No. Because even though he also had a terrible roster, riddled with injuries he found a way to keep the team competitive.  This isn’t a fan base that just hates  

we get the record but we also watched the games and understand how they played and why they won   

it’s a relatively knowledgeable fan base on JN - that can see what we have in Gase - that he is someone that will ultimately hold this team back.   

Who did you want? McCarthy? The Pack just went 13-3 without him & are back in the NFCCG. Pretty easy to look good when everyone's healthy, you have Aaron Rogers, Devonte Adams, Jimmy Graham, Jamaal Williams & an above average Oline. 

How would you be rated at work surrounded by a bunch of Schmos & half the office calling out sick? It's a legitimate excuse but all of you think Ryan Tannehill learned to play QB in the Titans camp taking backup QB snaps. 

Or he wins like last week completing 7/14 & Henry runs for 200 yards? 

Because well, the Titans coaches are incredible at teaching Ryan how to hand off, or find wide open players on Play Action as the entire KC defense is trying to stop Henry. 

But QB whisperers in Tennessee I gather. 

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company