UnitedWhofans

What nobody is mentioning re Tannehill/Gase

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Shoot me now, another nonsensical Gase/Tannehill thread.

Does it say anything how many fans are unhappy with Gase?

Or do you think everyone who is doubting or critical of Gase is just too stupid to see how great he is?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Biggest problem to me is that people asking things like "do you think everyone who is doubting or critical of Gase is just too stupid to see how great he is" when there is a ton of space between those two points.

That fair, to be honest.

He doesn't have to be great today, haven't heard a single person claim he is.

SAR certainly thinks he is/was great today/this season.

So when can fans expect/demand he be great, or at least materially above average?  Not 2019, clearly.  Not 2020?  Is 2021 ok?  Top 10 Offense and 10 wins by 2021 or we can be allowed to say he sucks?

I'm also curious how long a Coach can blame injuries and other excuses for his "bad luck".  Seems every year Gase has been a Head Coach, his teams have been ravaged by injuries.  At what point is it Gase, not luck?  

Leaves the impression that if hes not great he sucks as badly as all the critics claim.  

An Offensive-minded play-calling Head Coach who produces the worst offense in the NFL, after putting up three previous bottom-of-NFL offenses, and three strait losing seasons, does, IMO, suck.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, CTM said:

Says he's probably a good coach 

We'll revisit that in a few years, see if you're right.

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, I was going to say outside of SAR

LOL 😂

Why not wait until he has a better roster?  A full season with "his players"?

If you're saying "judge him after 2020", then ok.  He's clearly not being fired, so he IS our Coach in 2020.  We fans no choice but to root and hope for him to improve.

But IMO if he flounders again, and/or we're riddled with two dozen IR players again, and/or we produce a bottom 5 offense again, I personally don't want to hear but but but excuses again in the 2020 offseason.  At some point it's not luck, and you are what you're record says you are.

I've never said hes great or will be great.

Perhaps, but you certainly were pro-Gase when he was hired (vs. my anti-Gase hiring).  I think you'd agree.

So we have a loooooong list of excuses, and a 32nd ranked offense after one year.  

So 2020 then.  I hate to waste another year of Darnold, but since we have no choice in the matter, fine.  Lets see where Gase and the Offense is after 2020.

Doesn't make me a "huge Gase fan" or whatever over the top criticism that anyone who preaches a little patience gets thrown their way.

Mmmmm.....given our debates when he was hired, I'd certainly describe you as a very strong Gase supporter.  Has that changed?

I'd ask you, given a 2nd year QB, missing 4 games, playing who knows how many games with mono, that OL, those WRs and we should have expected what, 9 wins?  A top 10 offense?

I expected competence.  We did not get that IMO from Gase or the Offense.  I'm not interested in excuses, every team every year can make excuses.  And frankly, looking at Gase's resume of massive injuries of his players, I have to wonder if he is coaching in some way that leads to injuries.  Because again, at some point, it's not bad luck.  It's who he is.  So far, four years where "injuries" were his reason for bottom-5 offenses.  

I hope 2020 we're not hearing "injuries" yet again.

I'm not going anywhere near blaming Gase for the injuries.   I have no idea what a HC does that makes him a coach responsible for players getting hurt.  

I have no evidence he is to blame in any way, freely admitted.  But as stated above, after multiple years of his teams being decimated by injuries, one has to wonder what he (or his staff) may be doing that contributes to this consistent issue with Gase-led teams.

But can we agree, after 2020 we CAN judge Gase one way or the other, no excuses?  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Im meh on Gase, I just find how triggering he is amusing.

Not sure I'd say he (or discussion of him) is triggering.  He's simply one of the worst Head Coaches in the NFL based on his production on Offense (his side of the ball) and wins/losses over his 4 years as a Head Coach.  I hate wasting years of my life rooting for a guy who I frankly think is a no-shot at winning Titles.  We don't live forever, and every wasted season is one less chance to see a Jets title in my lifetime.  

2020 is decided, Gase is the guy.  So why make excuses now?  Top 10 Offense, 10 wins in 2020.  Expectations.  If he fails to meet them, we should want to know why.  7 to 10 wins is absolutely doable in the NFL, and if Gase is any good, we sure as poop shouldn't be the 32nd ranked offense in 2020, and Darnold amongst the worst (statistical) QB's in 2020, right?

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they’re respectable next year, he’ll keep his job.

Define, specifically, "respectable", please.

If they’re not, they’ll move on.

I doubt that, actually.  I see no possible outcome where Gase is HC less than 3 full seasons.

The Jets job, as currently constituted, sucks, and the coaching pool sucked as well.

No it doesn't.  This is what losers say to excuse being a loser.  Every NFL job is an exceptional job.  

Assuming the draft is decent and there are some worthwhile adds in free agency, you can realistically recruit a Bienemy if you’re so inclined.

I'm not.  No idea why that dude gets so much hype tbqh.

Prediction: 

The Chiefs win tonight, and Jets Fans subsequently post multiple threads about how Tannehill sucks, Gase was right about him and Darnold is clearly better than him, etc.

I don't even think it matters what Tannehill produces for the above to happen.

9 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How would you be rated at work surrounded by a bunch of Schmos & half the office calling out sick?

i.e. Every day of my work life?

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company