UnitedWhofans

What nobody is mentioning re Tannehill/Gase

7 hours ago, Warfish said:

Does it say anything how many fans are unhappy with Gase?

Or do you think everyone who is doubting or critical of Gase is just too stupid to see how great he is?

You hire a HC with experience like the Jets did and there will be factions for each coach mentioned as candidates.  Some for McCarthy, some for whoever and some for Gase.  Makes no difference, the majority didnt get who they wanted.

Says a lot more that most all here thought we were a 6-10 or worse team going into the season

We lost a ton of players

We lost our starting and backup QBs

We finished above their predictions and still theyre complaining.  

Biggest problem to me is that people asking things like "do you think everyone who is doubting or critical of Gase is just too stupid to see how great he is" when there is a ton of space between those two points.  He doesn't have to be great today, haven't heard a single person claim he is.  Leaves the impression that if hes not great he sucks as badly as all the critics claim.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Because he’s a bad coach and if you watch the team play it’s obvious.

As far as I’m concerned if you miss the playoffs record is meaningless - and then you have to look at the product that was put the field.  It wasn’t pretty.  

Actually, you have to take an honest look at the talent on the field.

A lot more complicated than just screaming "Gase SUCKS", like you do at every turn.

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

An honest look shows only one thing a complete failure on the off side if the ball.

Get real man.

So you thought, with the injuries especially, this was a better than 7-9 team.

Gotcha, I need to get real.  

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That fair, to be honest.

SAR certainly thinks he is/was great today/this season.

So when can fans expect/demand he be great, or at least materially above average?  Not 2019, clearly.  Not 2020?  Is 2021 ok?  Top 10 Offense and 10 wins by 2021 or we can be allowed to say he sucks?

I'm also curious how long a Coach can blame injuries and other excuses for his "bad luck".  Seems every year Gase has been a Head Coach, his teams have been ravaged by injuries.  At what point is it Gase, not luck?  

An Offensive-minded play-calling Head Coach who produces the worst offense in the NFL, after putting up three previous bottom-of-NFL offenses, and three strait losing seasons, does, IMO, suck.  

LOL, I was going to say outside of SAR

Why not wait until he has a better roster?  A full season with "his players"?  I mean, was Shanahan a winning HC, a great HC with little talent?  Anyone?  Just has to be our guy for some unknown reason?  I've never said hes great or will be great.  I can hope though and am realistic enough to know no one was going to be great with this team, having as many holes in the roster as we have.  

The OL, Edge, CB & WR positions are all lacking.  Add in every starting LB was out.  Have to be realistic.  Doesn't make me a "huge Gase fan" or whatever over the top criticism that anyone who preaches a little patience gets thrown their way.  I'd ask you, given a 2nd year QB, missing 4 games, playing who knows how many games with mono, that OL, those WRs and we should have expected what, 9 wins?  A top 10 offense?  

I'm not going anywhere near blaming Gase for the injuries.  I have no idea what a HC does that makes him a coach responsible for players getting hurt.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Actually I can.  Forgetting about the fact that the defense was the reason they won and the offense was 31st in the league. 

Let’s even put that aside.  There’s simply no reason it can’t be both - Just because the talent is terrible doesn’t make the coach good.  I’ve watched enough football to know the real deal from a fraud.  Gase is a fraud and it’s completely obvious.....

Be honest, this is pure BS.

You tore him to shreds before watching him coach a single practice or game with the Jets.  Predicted the team and players would all hate him.  Called him a fraud in February .  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s actually “Gase Stinks” - and it’s true.  

Btw..I’m not suggesting you don’t have to take the talent into account - I get it, which is why I’m not even judging on the losing record.  But his offense was just downright awful, predicable and quite often completely non-competitive.  

This is an offensive minded HC that has consistently put up the worst offenses in the NFL for four straight years now and have gotten worse each year.  

I just don’t know how anyone can justify that.

The offensive talent on this team was downright awful, at best.  

I get the thought.  Osweiller, Cutler off his couch, Fales.  Should have put up consistently top flight offenses.  

Anyone else would have.  If not, you are outed as a fraud 😏

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

LOL 😂

If you're saying "judge him after 2020", then ok.  He's clearly not being fired, so he IS our Coach in 2020.  We fans no choice but to root and hope for him to improve.

If JD improves the talent level and the team doesnt improve offensively and in their overall play he should be held accountable.  I thiun thats totally fair

But IMO if he flounders again, and/or we're riddled with two dozen IR players again, and/or we produce a bottom 5 offense again, I personally don't want to hear but but but excuses again in the 2020 offseason.  At some point it's not luck, and you are what you're record says you are.

I agree, I'm at the point with this team that its tiring, something has to be done

Perhaps, but you certainly were pro-Gase when he was hired (vs. my anti-Gase hiring).  I think you'd agree.

I was pro Gase when he was available.  Liked that he was considered to be a bright, young offensive mind by just about everyone.  maybe it will be proven wrong.  But I still think it takes failing with talent that should excel, not with scrubs everywhere that no one thought would.

So we have a loooooong list of excuses, and a 32nd ranked offense after one year.  

So 2020 then.  I hate to waste another year of Darnold, but since we have no choice in the matter, fine.  Lets see where Gase and the Offense is after 2020.

Totally fair.  I'll say I was wrong and move on.  I have been known to get things wrong.

Mmmmm.....given our debates when he was hired, I'd certainly describe you as a very strong Gase supporter.  Has that changed?

Again, I looked at what has been said about Gase.  Liked that he wasnt another unknown rookie HC.  Hoped he learned from his time in Miami.  Given that everyone wanted that it really came down to him and McCarthy and I didnt like the criticism aimed at McCarthy from Rodgers and the Green Bay media, who I assume are the typical small town media that fluff everything.

I expected competence.  We did not get that IMO from Gase or the Offense.  I'm not interested in excuses, every team every year can make excuses.  And frankly, looking at Gase's resume of massive injuries of his players, I have to wonder if he is coaching in some way that leads to injuries.  Because again, at some point, it's not bad luck.  It's who he is.  So far, four years where "injuries" were his reason for bottom-5 offenses.  

I hope 2020 we're not hearing "injuries" yet again.

I'm hoping we raise the talent level, don't have the injuries we had in 2019 and arent as lame an offense as we were too often.  I agree, that would be a great start

I have no evidence he is to blame in any way, freely admitted.  But as stated above, after multiple years of his teams being decimated by injuries, one has to wonder what he (or his staff) may be doing that contributes to this consistent issue with Gase-led teams.

But can we agree, after 2020 we CAN judge Gase one way or the other, no excuses?  

I agree, no excuses, the offense has to look competent and be more consistent.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Our predictions included Gase sucking, which he does.

Only in weirdo world were our predictions wrong cause “shoulda does this or that” had all this stuff not happened.

OK, so you said they were what, an 8, 9 or 10 win team before the start of the season?

Give it a year.  When they win more than almost all predicted, with the injuries, give it a chance and then decide

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

And you’re saying I wasn’t right?

YES, can you read? I dont think the story has played out.  Youre just bitching to continue your whine.

Hes a fraud, wtf does that even mean? 

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Sorry, you seem to be getting angry - I apologize if I’ve upset you - I just have an opinion hat seemingly disagrees with yours.

Now - how is he a fraud...

1( Offensive genius 

2) Coaching to where the game is going

3) QB Whisperer

4) First is was the GM in Miami, then the owner in Miami, then the GM at the Jets.  

This guy has more excuses than any coach I’ve ever seen - hence “Fraud”

You really need to look up the word fraud and get the definition

All 4 of the things people have said about Gase in no way, right or wrong makes him a fraud.  Did he say those things about himself or were they made by others?  Go after those who you think were wrong.  

4 is ridiculous by the way.  Not only did you miss calling him a fraud, you obviously have no idea about his 3 years in Miami

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Obviously even the most basic of gameplans would have won at least 2-4 more games..

LOL, and you left out snapping your fingers.

Because, you know, there was no gameplay.  Seriously?  Thats your answer

Wait, so you think this team was a 11 win team and its Gases fault?  Thats what you predicted before the start of the season?  Oh, wait, Darnold out 4, Mosely out 15 games, etc, etc.  You must have predicted 14-2, at least without those injuries.

Gase sucks!

LOL

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

And Todd didn't have def TDs to oadd his numbers... Man remember the Todd bowles days on off...man Dem were da days

And Gase didnt have an experienced QB, every week

He didnt have Brandon Marshall

Or Decker.

Or, forget it, the worst argument ever, they 2016 Jets were coming off a 10 win season, with a QB who statistically put up a great season, set the TD mark for the team.

Comparing a teams stats to another, as if they played the same teams, with the same personnel is a fair comparison.

Oh yeah, left off the fact that this Jets team wound up with more wins.  Which we've heard over and over again is what counts.  

We really need to look for nonsensical ways to rip out HC?  Think it helps?  As if just saying they had a bad season and need to get better in lots of ways or else hes gone?  Thats not enough, have to look for comparisons that add nothing, instead of talking about what you think should have been done to get us to the 11 or so wins you think this team would have won with anyone else as HC

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company