What nobody is mentioning re Tannehill/Gase

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

Oh how we missed you.

Dude, under Adam Gase, Sam did not go backwards, he crawled forwards. If this is the worst he's going to be under a hindering Adam Gase,, then think of what he can be without him

Unless of course you have no faith in the FO finding the guy for him which is valid and in which case sit back and watch the carnage

• Upvote 3

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

Dude, under Adam Gase, Sam did not go backwards, he crawled forwards. If this is the worst he's going to be under a hindering Adam Gase,, then think of what he can be without him

Unless of course you have no faith in the FO finding the guy for him which is valid and in which case sit back and watch the carnage

It has nothing to do with Darnold going backwards lmfao. You just don’t get it do you? 

Not every situation is the same. Who’s to say Darnold gets coach like the Titans HC and has a resurgence if Gase was “ruin” him. Personally, I do not think Darnold can necessarily be “ruined”, I do think he can look worse based on the play calling, etc. 

Darnold going forward or backwards has nothing to do with why I’m mocking this thread. You are trying to apply one situation to any and every situation and it’s...not...realistic. 

per usual with you.

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

It has nothing to do with Darnold going backwards lmfao. You just don’t get it do you? 

Not every situation is the same. Who’s to say Darnold gets coach like the Titans HC and has a resurgence if Gase was “ruin” him. Personally, I do not think Darnold can necessarily be “ruined”, I do think he can look worse based on the play calling, etc. 

Darnold going forward or backwards has nothing to do with why I’m mocking this thread. You are trying to apply one situation to any and every situation and it’s...not...realistic. 

per usual with you.

Except most of the fanbase is doing the same thing by using Tannehill against Gase. So why not go after them for that.

37 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

LOL, I was going to say outside of SAR

LOL ?

Why not wait until he has a better roster?  A full season with "his players"?

If you're saying "judge him after 2020", then ok.  He's clearly not being fired, so he IS our Coach in 2020.  We fans no choice but to root and hope for him to improve.

But IMO if he flounders again, and/or we're riddled with two dozen IR players again, and/or we produce a bottom 5 offense again, I personally don't want to hear but but but excuses again in the 2020 offseason.  At some point it's not luck, and you are what you're record says you are.

I've never said hes great or will be great.

Perhaps, but you certainly were pro-Gase when he was hired (vs. my anti-Gase hiring).  I think you'd agree.

So we have a loooooong list of excuses, and a 32nd ranked offense after one year.  

So 2020 then.  I hate to waste another year of Darnold, but since we have no choice in the matter, fine.  Lets see where Gase and the Offense is after 2020.

Doesn't make me a "huge Gase fan" or whatever over the top criticism that anyone who preaches a little patience gets thrown their way.

Mmmmm.....given our debates when he was hired, I'd certainly describe you as a very strong Gase supporter.  Has that changed?

I'd ask you, given a 2nd year QB, missing 4 games, playing who knows how many games with mono, that OL, those WRs and we should have expected what, 9 wins?  A top 10 offense?

I expected competence.  We did not get that IMO from Gase or the Offense.  I'm not interested in excuses, every team every year can make excuses.  And frankly, looking at Gase's resume of massive injuries of his players, I have to wonder if he is coaching in some way that leads to injuries.  Because again, at some point, it's not bad luck.  It's who he is.  So far, four years where "injuries" were his reason for bottom-5 offenses.  

I hope 2020 we're not hearing "injuries" yet again.

I'm not going anywhere near blaming Gase for the injuries.   I have no idea what a HC does that makes him a coach responsible for players getting hurt.  

I have no evidence he is to blame in any way, freely admitted.  But as stated above, after multiple years of his teams being decimated by injuries, one has to wonder what he (or his staff) may be doing that contributes to this consistent issue with Gase-led teams.

But can we agree, after 2020 we CAN judge Gase one way or the other, no excuses?  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, CTM said:

Im meh on Gase, I just find how triggering he is amusing.

Not sure I'd say he (or discussion of him) is triggering.  He's simply one of the worst Head Coaches in the NFL based on his production on Offense (his side of the ball) and wins/losses over his 4 years as a Head Coach.  I hate wasting years of my life rooting for a guy who I frankly think is a no-shot at winning Titles.  We don't live forever, and every wasted season is one less chance to see a Jets title in my lifetime.  

2020 is decided, Gase is the guy.  So why make excuses now?  Top 10 Offense, 10 wins in 2020.  Expectations.  If he fails to meet them, we should want to know why.  7 to 10 wins is absolutely doable in the NFL, and if Gase is any good, we sure as poop shouldn't be the 32nd ranked offense in 2020, and Darnold amongst the worst (statistical) QB's in 2020, right?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

LOL ?

If you're saying "judge him after 2020", then ok.  He's clearly not being fired, so he IS our Coach in 2020.  We fans no choice but to root and hope for him to improve.

If JD improves the talent level and the team doesnt improve offensively and in their overall play he should be held accountable.  I thiun thats totally fair

But IMO if he flounders again, and/or we're riddled with two dozen IR players again, and/or we produce a bottom 5 offense again, I personally don't want to hear but but but excuses again in the 2020 offseason.  At some point it's not luck, and you are what you're record says you are.

I agree, I'm at the point with this team that its tiring, something has to be done

Perhaps, but you certainly were pro-Gase when he was hired (vs. my anti-Gase hiring).  I think you'd agree.

I was pro Gase when he was available.  Liked that he was considered to be a bright, young offensive mind by just about everyone.  maybe it will be proven wrong.  But I still think it takes failing with talent that should excel, not with scrubs everywhere that no one thought would.

So we have a loooooong list of excuses, and a 32nd ranked offense after one year.  

So 2020 then.  I hate to waste another year of Darnold, but since we have no choice in the matter, fine.  Lets see where Gase and the Offense is after 2020.

Totally fair.  I'll say I was wrong and move on.  I have been known to get things wrong.

Mmmmm.....given our debates when he was hired, I'd certainly describe you as a very strong Gase supporter.  Has that changed?

Again, I looked at what has been said about Gase.  Liked that he wasnt another unknown rookie HC.  Hoped he learned from his time in Miami.  Given that everyone wanted that it really came down to him and McCarthy and I didnt like the criticism aimed at McCarthy from Rodgers and the Green Bay media, who I assume are the typical small town media that fluff everything.

I expected competence.  We did not get that IMO from Gase or the Offense.  I'm not interested in excuses, every team every year can make excuses.  And frankly, looking at Gase's resume of massive injuries of his players, I have to wonder if he is coaching in some way that leads to injuries.  Because again, at some point, it's not bad luck.  It's who he is.  So far, four years where "injuries" were his reason for bottom-5 offenses.  

I hope 2020 we're not hearing "injuries" yet again.

I'm hoping we raise the talent level, don't have the injuries we had in 2019 and arent as lame an offense as we were too often.  I agree, that would be a great start

I have no evidence he is to blame in any way, freely admitted.  But as stated above, after multiple years of his teams being decimated by injuries, one has to wonder what he (or his staff) may be doing that contributes to this consistent issue with Gase-led teams.

But can we agree, after 2020 we CAN judge Gase one way or the other, no excuses?  

I agree, no excuses, the offense has to look competent and be more consistent.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

It’s actually “Gase Stinks” - and it’s true.  

Btw..I’m not suggesting you don’t have to take the talent into account - I get it, which is why I’m not even judging on the losing record.  But his offense was just downright awful, predicable and quite often completely non-competitive.  

This is an offensive minded HC that has consistently put up the worst offenses in the NFL for four straight years now and have gotten worse each year.  

I just don’t know how anyone can justify that.

Peyton Manning was good under him!  :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You hire a HC with experience like the Jets did and there will be factions for each coach.  Some for McCarthy, some for whoever and some for Gase.  Makes no difference, the majority didnt get who they wanted.

Says a lot more that most all here thought we were a 6-10 or worse team going into the season

We lost a ton of players

We lost our starting and backup QBs

We finished above their predictions and still theyre complaining.  

Biggest problem to me is that people asking things like "do you think everyone who is doubting or critical of Gase is just too stupid to see how great he is" when there is a ton of space between those two points.  He doesn't have to be great today, haven't heard a single person claim he is.  Leaves the impression that if hes not great he sucks as badly as all the critics claim.  

Our predictions included Gase sucking, which he does.

Only in weirdo world were our predictions wrong cause “shoulda does this or that” had all this stuff not happened.

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Our predictions included Gase sucking, which he does.

Only in weirdo world were our predictions wrong cause “shoulda does this or that” had all this stuff not happened.

OK, so you said they were what, an 8, 9 or 10 win team before the start of the season?

Give it a year.  When they win more than almost all predicted, with the injuries, give it a chance and then decide

4 hours ago, Jetster said:

If you believe that than what's the point of watching the team in 2020? Gase is the coach, your absolutely sure he sucks & will fail so watching them would be a complete waste of time. Move on & come back after he's fired which your sure will happen eventually. 

First off, I am a real fan, so I watch even when I expect them to be bad (which is often)

with that said, I can be wrong - I’ve been wrong many, many times in my life.  I certainly hope I am wrong but the body of evidence over the last 4 years tells a pretty clear story.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

YES, can you read? I dont think the story has played out.  Youre just bitching to continue your whine.

Hes a fraud, wtf does that even mean? 

Sorry, you seem to be getting angry - I apologize if I’ve upset you - I just have an opinion hat seemingly disagrees with yours.

Now - how is he a fraud...

1( Offensive genius 

2) Coaching to where the game is going

3) QB Whisperer

4) First is was the GM in Miami, then the owner in Miami, then the GM at the Jets.  

This guy has more excuses than any coach I’ve ever seen - hence “Fraud”

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Not sure I'd say he (or discussion of him) is triggering.  He's simply one of the worst Head Coaches in the NFL based on his production on Offense (his side of the ball) and wins/losses over his 4 years as a Head Coach.  I hate wasting years of my life rooting for a guy who I frankly think is a no-shot at winning Titles.  We don't live forever, and every wasted season is one less chance to see a Jets title in my lifetime.  

2020 is decided, Gase is the guy.  So why make excuses now?  Top 10 Offense, 10 wins in 2020.  Expectations.  If he fails to meet them, we should want to know why.  7 to 10 wins is absolutely doable in the NFL, and if Gase is any good, we sure as poop shouldn't be the 32nd ranked offense in 2020, and Darnold amongst the worst (statistical) QB's in 2020, right?

If they’re respectable next year, he’ll keep his job. If they’re not, they’ll move on. The Jets job, as currently constituted, sucks, and the coaching pool sucked as well. Assuming the draft is decent and there are some worthwhile adds in free agency, you can realistically recruit a Bienemy if you’re so inclined.

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If they’re respectable next year, he’ll keep his job.

Define, specifically, "respectable", please.

If they’re not, they’ll move on.

I doubt that, actually.  I see no possible outcome where Gase is HC less than 3 full seasons.

The Jets job, as currently constituted, sucks, and the coaching pool sucked as well.

No it doesn't.  This is what losers say to excuse being a loser.  Every NFL job is an exceptional job.  

Assuming the draft is decent and there are some worthwhile adds in free agency, you can realistically recruit a Bienemy if you’re so inclined.

I'm not.  No idea why that dude gets so much hype tbqh.

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Define, specifically, "respectable", please.

I doubt that, actually.  I see no possible outcome where Gase is HC less than 3 full seasons.

No it doesn't.  This is what losers say to excuse being a loser.  Every NFL job is an exceptional job.  

I'm not.  No idea why that dude gets so much hype tbqh.

If Gase isn’t 8-8 or above next year, he’s fair game for a firing and that’ll be fine and mostly justified, and other coaches will view it the same way. Firing him after this year would have been ludicrous and you’d be shopping in the bargain bin for a sub-Joe-Judge level prospect. To say that all head coaching gigs are the same is willful denial of the truth that some organizations are recidivist dumpster fires that need to be avoided by anyone interested in long-term employment in the NFL. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Sorry, you seem to be getting angry - I apologize if I’ve upset you - I just have an opinion hat seemingly disagrees with yours.

Now - how is he a fraud...

1( Offensive genius 

2) Coaching to where the game is going

3) QB Whisperer

4) First is was the GM in Miami, then the owner in Miami, then the GM at the Jets.  

This guy has more excuses than any coach I’ve ever seen - hence “Fraud”

You really need to look up the word fraud and get the definition

All 4 of the things people have said about Gase in no way, right or wrong makes him a fraud.  Did he say those things about himself or were they made by others?  Go after those who you think were wrong.  

4 is ridiculous by the way.  Not only did you miss calling him a fraud, you obviously have no idea about his 3 years in Miami

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Obviously even the most basic of gameplans would have won at least 2-4 more games..

LOL, and you left out snapping your fingers.

Because, you know, there was no gameplay.  Seriously?  Thats your answer

Wait, so you think this team was a 11 win team and its Gases fault?  Thats what you predicted before the start of the season?  Oh, wait, Darnold out 4, Mosely out 15 games, etc, etc.  You must have predicted 14-2, at least without those injuries.

Gase sucks!

LOL

8 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

In a very strong way, the success of Ryan Tannehill away from Adam Gase should be very encouraging for Jets fans. The reason is simple. It shows that Gase will not completely destroy Sam Darnolds career. He may hinder it but it will not destroy it. Which means that once Gase is fired (if he is) Darnold is completely salvageable and can grow quickly into an elite QB. Just look at Ryan Tannehill. 

Yes, but it will probably be on another team, just like Tanny.

I think we can all agree that Todd bowles sucks right...

Here is Bowles worst season statistically on offense (2016)...

274 total points scored on the year

30th in points per game

26th in total yards

12th in rushing yards per game

27th in passing yards per game

And  let's compare that to gase 1 season with the jets

275 total points scored on the year

31st in points per game

32nd in total yards

31st in rushing yards per game

29th in passing yards

In conclusion,  Todd Bowles in his worst season statistically, still put up better numbers than gase.  The sad thing is that gase is supposed to be an offensive genius. He doesn't even know how to utilize Leveon bell. And let's not forget, this isn't his first season as a head coach. It's his 4th. If you think Adam gase is a good coach you might actually be brain dead. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I think we can all agree that Todd bowles sucks right...

Here is Bowles worst season statistically on offense (2016)...

274 total points scored on the year

30th in points per game

26th in total yards

12th in rushing yards per game

27th in passing yards per game

And  let's compare that to gase 1 season with the jets

275 total points scored on the year

31st in points per game

32nd in total yards

31st in rushing yards per game

29th in passing yards

In conclusion,  Todd Bowles in his worst season statistically, still put up better numbers than gase.  The sad thing is that gase is supposed to be an offensive genius. He doesn't even know how to utilize Leveon bell. And let's not forget, this isn't his first season as a head coach. It's his 4th. If you think Adam gase is a good coach you might actually be brain dead. 

And Todd didn't have def TDs to oadd his numbers... Man remember the Todd bowles days on off...man Dem were da days

8 hours ago, CurtMart said:

Wow. You really weren’t kidding. Kinda sad. 

He threw 14 passes & had 7 completions in the Titans last win because Derrick Henry & the Titans Oline are trucking everyone, sound familiar? 

Your a Jet fan, you don't remember 2009, 2010? Sanchez went to 2 AFCCGs behind the same ground & pound plan except Henry is breaking f*cking records! Bell averaged like 40 yards a game, Henry has been rushing for 190, lol. Play action works pretty good when your ripping off run after run. 

I hate my own fan base. 

• Thumb Down 1

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Does it say anything how many fans are unhappy with Gase?

Or do you think everyone who is doubting or critical of Gase is just too stupid to see how great he is?

The entire argument is stupid. Do you know why? Every pundit, every Jet fan, had a realistic outlook for the Ny Jets & it wasn't pretty. That was BEFORE the injuries. The ENTIRE offseason was thread after thread about the idiocy of Chris Johnson firing Bowles & keeping Macc. 

Thread after thread were reminders of our horrific drafts, terrible free agent acquisitions (Trumaine), and how horribly the roster has been managed. 

Then, we fire Macc & hire JD after free agency & the draft leaving him in position to being a bottom feeder to fill out the roster. What the f*ck were you fans expecting? We didn't have our QB, we had to change the Oline lineup 11 times! And we still ended the season 6-2. I don't give a f*ck who we beat, the sisters of the poor? Bring em on, that's the NFL. Nobody gave a sh*t that the Pats were ripping apart terrible teams to start the season, they were anointing their defense as one of the best ever. 

What other team in this league has a guy as skinny & one dimensional as Robbie Anderson as their starting #1 WR? Look what playing WITHOUT a TE did to the Patriots offense. The Texans, a team with the same coach for years gave up 51 points in the playoffs. The Vikings a team loaded with talent bowed out of the playoffs again when their Oline was dominated & Dalvin Cook ran for 38 yards. Yup, Cousins had a tough time without a running game, shocking. 

Reality vs Jet fan reality. Expect the worse, go 1-7, finish 6-2, bitch. Repeat. 

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

The entire argument is stupid. Do you know why? Every pundit, every Jet fan, had a realistic outlook for the Ny Jets & it wasn't pretty. That was BEFORE the injuries. The ENTIRE offseason was thread after thread about the idiocy of Chris Johnson firing Bowles & keeping Macc. 

Thread after thread were reminders of our horrific drafts, terrible free agent acquisitions (Trumaine), and how horribly the roster has been managed. 

Then, we fire Macc & hire JD after free agency & the draft leaving him in position to being a bottom feeder to fill out the roster. What the f*ck were you fans expecting? We didn't have our QB, we had to change the Oline lineup 11 times! And we still ended the season 6-2. I don't give a f*ck who we beat, the sisters of the poor? Bring em on, that's the NFL. Nobody gave a sh*t that the Pats were ripping apart terrible teams to start the season, they were anointing their defense as one of the best ever. 

What other team in this league has a guy as skinny & one dimensional as Robbie Anderson as their starting #1 WR? Look what playing WITHOUT a TE did to the Patriots offense. The Texans, a team with the same coach for years gave up 51 points in the playoffs. The Vikings a team loaded with talent bowed out of the playoffs again when their Oline was dominated & Dalvin Cook ran for 38 yards. Yup, Cousins had a tough time without a running game, shocking. 

Reality vs Jet fan reality. Expect the worse, go 1-7, finish 6-2, bitch. Repeat. 

Except the fan base can tell the difference between quality coaching and bad. 

Do you hear people complaining about Williams? No. Because even though he also had a terrible roster, riddled with injuries he found a way to keep the team competitive.  This isn’t a fan base that just hates  

we get the record but we also watched the games and understand how they played and why they won   

it’s a relatively knowledgeable fan base on JN - that can see what we have in Gase - that he is someone that will ultimately hold this team back.   

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Except the fan base can tell the difference between quality coaching and bad. 

Do you hear people complaining about Williams? No. Because even though he also had a terrible roster, riddled with injuries he found a way to keep the team competitive.  This isn’t a fan base that just hates  

we get the record but we also watched the games and understand how they played and why they won   

it’s a relatively knowledgeable fan base on JN - that can see what we have in Gase - that he is someone that will ultimately hold this team back.   

Who did you want? McCarthy? The Pack just went 13-3 without him & are back in the NFCCG. Pretty easy to look good when everyone's healthy, you have Aaron Rogers, Devonte Adams, Jimmy Graham, Jamaal Williams & an above average Oline. 

How would you be rated at work surrounded by a bunch of Schmos & half the office calling out sick? It's a legitimate excuse but all of you think Ryan Tannehill learned to play QB in the Titans camp taking backup QB snaps.