What nobody is mentioning re Tannehill/Gase

Or he wins like last week completing 7/14 & Henry runs for 200 yards? 

Because well, the Titans coaches are incredible at teaching Ryan how to hand off, or find wide open players on Play Action as the entire KC defense is trying to stop Henry. 

But QB whisperers in Tennessee I gather. 

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

And Todd didn't have def TDs to oadd his numbers... Man remember the Todd bowles days on off...man Dem were da days

And Gase didnt have an experienced QB, every week

He didnt have Brandon Marshall

Or Decker.

Or, forget it, the worst argument ever, they 2016 Jets were coming off a 10 win season, with a QB who statistically put up a great season, set the TD mark for the team.

Comparing a teams stats to another, as if they played the same teams, with the same personnel is a fair comparison.

Oh yeah, left off the fact that this Jets team wound up with more wins.  Which we've heard over and over again is what counts.  

We really need to look for nonsensical ways to rip out HC?  Think it helps?  As if just saying they had a bad season and need to get better in lots of ways or else hes gone?  Thats not enough, have to look for comparisons that add nothing, instead of talking about what you think should have been done to get us to the 11 or so wins you think this team would have won with anyone else as HC

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Who did you want? McCarthy? The Pack just went 13-3 without him & are back in the NFCCG. Pretty easy to look good when everyone's healthy, you have Aaron Rogers, Devonte Adams, Jimmy Graham, Jamaal Williams & an above average Oline. 

How would you be rated at work surrounded by a bunch of Schmos & half the office calling out sick? It's a legitimate excuse but all of you think Ryan Tannehill learned to play QB in the Titans camp taking backup QB snaps. 

I did want McCarthy - I prefer winners than losers from the same division.  There were so many red flags with this hire that I don’t really blame Gase as much as I do CJ - sometimes he just seems so clueless and in way over his head.

Yes, it was time for McCarthy to move on - after his extended period of time at one place sometimes it’s just time.  Fresh blood is necessary.  His message and style was likely just being drowned out.

Look at Andy Reid as a similar example.  Was he a bad coach when he left Philly? Did Philly go on to win a SB a few years later?

Does that mean Reid is a bad coach?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

You hire a HC with experience like the Jets did and there will be factions for each coach mentioned as candidates.  Some for McCarthy, some for whoever and some for Gase.  Makes no difference, the majority didnt get who they wanted.

Says a lot more that most all here thought we were a 6-10 or worse team going into the season

We lost a ton of players

We lost our starting and backup QBs

We finished above their predictions and still theyre complaining.  

Biggest problem to me is that people asking things like "do you think everyone who is doubting or critical of Gase is just too stupid to see how great he is" when there is a ton of space between those two points.  He doesn't have to be great today, haven't heard a single person claim he is.  Leaves the impression that if hes not great he sucks as badly as all the critics claim.  

too much sense being made here.  any coach would be given a pass for this past season based on the mess that mac left and the injury plague. just about every team goes through a few seasons.  it took shanahan and mcvay a couple of lean seasons before their teams started winning.  and going back you can look at any coach, shula, johnson, walsh, noll, bellichicken, parcells, landryname one, they all had a couple of lean seasons before they became successful.  about the only common thread is that they all got their franchise qb's early in their hc careers.

and if not gase then who?  just about any coach named to replace gase will have people for and against.  i will guess that unless there is the sure fire second coming of parcells or lombardi or even bellichicken there will be more against than for.  the bottom line is we'll see about gase soon enough.  this next season should be telling unless douglas completely whiffs in the draft or free agency.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Prediction: 

The Chiefs win tonight, and Jets Fans subsequently post multiple threads about how Tannehill sucks, Gase was right about him and Darnold is clearly better than him, etc.

I don't even think it matters what Tannehill produces for the above to happen.

Gase loved Tannehill.  He was right about him.  Miami dumped him after Gase was fired because they didn’t want  to pay him.  

The same brilliant Miami management that fired Gase, dumped Tannehill.  

• WTF? 1