Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

I don't like these posts. Narrative building around a NK is not a good look, IMO.
Also, the only two players who could qualify as a "less experienced" or "not a vet scum player" are Stark and me, and possibly 80. So, is he naming the entire scum team right there?

Me, a non vet scum player? Lol. Last mafia season we had I rolled scum like 4 games in a row. I’ve also had 2-3 of the top 20 epic scum victories here.
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Stark said:

@Nolder i have addressed this a few times. Your timing was weird,

What's so weird about it?

8 hours ago, Stark said:

your initial claim was almost i jest because spoot voted for 80. I read your confirming as a joke "hey anyone that votes 80 has to be town" then you stuck to it. at that time what did spoot have 2 votes on him? the timing was odd. then you re-emphasized it. today story is changing. 

It was a joke. Then people started taking it kind of seriously so I decided to just roll with it and see if I could bait the kill. It didn't work but I don't really regret it either. It was interesting and kick started the game. We've had people take hard positions around it and that's something we can work with as the game moves forward. 

8 hours ago, Stark said:

you claim you had info and half the game questions it. No one really pressed you about it.

These two statements are contradictory. 

8 hours ago, Stark said:

You say I didn't act "town",

I didn't say that outright although yeah it's basically what I meant. What I said was there's a certain protocol that is usually followed when dealing with claims and you weren't following that. If I had been seriously claiming Day Cop specifically or a similar role yeah you can lynch me to find out if I'm telling the truth or not but that's the stupid thing to do. If I'm telling the truth Scum will want to kill me lest I investigate and out them. Even if they don't kill me just to build suspicion hoping to force a mislynch I am still getting investigations and reporting them to the town and if/when I am mislynched or killed you'll have those people as confirmed.

In other words a claim like that solves itself over time so pushing for a lynch immediately is poor town play or scummy. If you're town take this opportunity to learn the lesson now because it's not an uncommon situation.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

after a long period of time and a day out from the deadline I voted you. As I said earlier I wanted to see how the game reacted. Would anyone follow the vote? how would you react?

That's all well and good but just so you know reaction tests are a dime a dozen and mostly bullsh*t.

No one but you cares about your reaction tests.

That's nothing personal, just a trusim. No one cares about mine either.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

80 joined the vote - who you also called an a$$hole

That's a lie. Go read again, start at post #285.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

and you flipped the **** out

I don't know how you define "flipped the **** out" but I don't think I did. Again anyone who's reading should go back and read this stuff again for themselves. Do I seem like I'm "flipping the **** out"?

8 hours ago, Stark said:

& then to basically called the game and its me 80 as a scum pair.

Yeah. It's what I think.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

You cleared spoot who had a stretch of posts that probably would have caught him votes

Yeah I think he's town. I don't mind having done that.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

and now when 80 mentions you having a day cop role and scum possibly having a similar role you say...

now you say you didn't have a day cop role

Yep.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

can you not see where we would be wondering wtf you were doing? and now still doing? 

Not really. It all seems pretty straightforward to me.

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, Verbal said:

@Nolder, I can't tell if you're faking the annoyance or just actually thinner skinned than I thought.  I'll let it go for now.

????

It got on my nerves but I was more mad at myself. It's like if missed a turn because your kid is in the back of the car being annoying and you snap at him to shut up but you're really just mad for missing the turn in the first place. I just wasn't in the mood for it right then. I'm not going to lie like some people on the internet and pretend like I'm a ******* monk and nothing in this world ever bothers me lol. Like I said twice now, this makes three times, I'm over it.

IDK why you continue to make this more of a thing than it had to be. It was between me and Spoot. He did his Nolder is dumb posts I snapped at him and he stopped (thank you). It's over. Let it go. Unless you're trying to claim it's because I'm scum I was mad (and/or faking?). If so then go ahead and say it but please be clear that that is what you're saying.

6 hours ago, Verbal said:

Eh, I just don't see anything that warrants a vote.  You keep saying he's "pied pipering", but I don't see it.

Yeah I agree. I mean I think 80 is scummy and BSing anyway but if he wants to try to explain the pied pipering thing that would be nice.

About the only one I feel good about is Nolder. Firm-Town read on him.

As for the rest:

Stark -- A lot from him I haven't liked, centering around the whole Nolder "confirming" me spiel, beginning with his initial refusal to acknowledge that Nolder might be telling the truth, and the logic of doing so (what Nolder is saying). And he continues to be hung up on it, and doesn't seem to be looking elsewhere much. Now, I need to remember that Stark is still relatively new, and I'll buy that it is perhaps genuine confusion at Nolder's play. I only had an idea about what Nolder was doing because of a scuttle him and I got into in a previous game, and if I hadn't had that, I could see myself having a similar reaction as Stark. Stark was present around deadline and did seem to be genuinely trying to avoid random. I'm on the fence about his alignment, and want to see how his game continues.

80 -- Lots of grossness about his game, but as he's stated before, it's basically his meta. It's what makes him dangerous as scum. As such, I have a habit of reading him as scum even when he's town, so I have to take that into consideration. Scum-lean.

CTM -- Nothing I can think of right now that raised a red flag about his game. He had, what I believe, is the appropriate reaction to Nolder "confirming" me. But, as a complete opposite of 80, I kinda usually read him as town by default, so I'm not sure if I trust my gut. Null.

Crusher -- I have a hunch he's scum. He has more joke posts than game-related posts, which is his scum MO, IIRC. I also didn't like his reaction to Nolder's "confirming" me, and he had that awful post questioning Leelou about it. I think that fat man deserves more attention.

Verb -- His absence was awful, but is alignment-neutral. Looked a lot better since becoming active, but had those two posts I really don't like that I pointed out. Can't read him very well. Need more activity to go on.

I'm tired and this is the best I can muster for right now. Will continue to go back and re-read the thread periodically this weekend.

9 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

About the only one I feel good about is Nolder. Firm-Town read on him.

As for the rest:

Stark -- A lot from him I haven't liked, centering around the whole Nolder "confirming" me spiel, beginning with his initial refusal to acknowledge that Nolder might be telling the truth, and the logic of doing so (what Nolder is saying). And he continues to be hung up on it, and doesn't seem to be looking elsewhere much. Now, I need to remember that Stark is still relatively new, and I'll buy that it is perhaps genuine confusion at Nolder's play. I only had an idea about what Nolder was doing because of a scuttle him and I got into in a previous game, and if I hadn't had that, I could see myself having a similar reaction as Stark. Stark was present around deadline and did seem to be genuinely trying to avoid random. I'm on the fence about his alignment, and want to see how his game continues.

80 -- Lots of grossness about his game, but as he's stated before, it's basically his meta. It's what makes him dangerous as scum. As such, I have a habit of reading him as scum even when he's town, so I have to take that into consideration. Scum-lean.

CTM -- Nothing I can think of right now that raised a red flag about his game. He had, what I believe, is the appropriate reaction to Nolder "confirming" me. But, as a complete opposite of 80, I kinda usually read him as town by default, so I'm not sure if I trust my gut. Null.

Crusher -- I have a hunch he's scum. He has more joke posts than game-related posts, which is his scum MO, IIRC. I also didn't like his reaction to Nolder's "confirming" me, and he had that awful post questioning Leelou about it. I think that fat man deserves more attention.

Verb -- His absence was awful, but is alignment-neutral. Looked a lot better since becoming active, but had those two posts I really don't like that I pointed out. Can't read him very well. Need more activity to go on.

I'm tired and this is the best I can muster for right now. Will continue to go back and re-read the thread periodically this weekend.

This reads like scum trying to fence sit with a little touch of OMGUS. I love how he is parroting CTM with how bad it was asking Leelou if he was confirmed. That scenario was a huge distraction, town has to clear up distraction and scum makes them. I need to look closer at Nolder because he actually made this distraction but Spooty went along with it. Spoot is scum, CTM very well may be scum. 

20 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It’s partly/mostly a business trip too. Here for the Baseball Writers Dinner helping my Dad out. He runs the event.

I wouldn’t normally take a vacation to NYC in the winter, no.

haha, can imagine it's not much different from when he brought you to "help" as a 10 yo. You run around asking for money for the snack machine and trying to hump the legs of any pro athletes you come across.

20 hours ago, Stark said:

@Nolder i have addressed this a few times. Your timing was weird, your initial claim was almost i jest because spoot voted for 80. I read your confirming as a joke "hey anyone that votes 80 has to be town" then you stuck to it. at that time what did spoot have 2 votes on him? the timing was odd. then you re-emphasized it. today story is changing. 

you claim you had info and half the game questions it. No one really pressed you about it. You say I didn't act "town", after a long period of time and a day out from the deadline I voted you. As I said earlier I wanted to see how the game reacted. Would anyone follow the vote? how would you react? 80 joined the vote - who you also called an a$$hole and you flipped the **** out & then to basically called the game and its me 80 as a scum pair.

You cleared spoot who had a stretch of posts that probably would have caught him votes and now when 80 mentions you having a day cop role and scum possibly having a similar role you say...

now you say you didn't have a day cop role

can you not see where we would be wondering wtf you were doing? and now still doing? 

ya mr serious, i think most thought it was likely that nolderp was nolderping but why press the issue early on day 1 particularly when nolder wasn't cooperating and has significant meta of not being cooperative

19 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

No, I was intentionally baiting him into a reaction pretty much all damn game since he "confirmed" me.

I'm just surprised it took him that long to get mad at me.

So you didn't believe he had confirmed you as town and decided to inject more stupidity into the game to prove the guy confirming you as town was lying?

19 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

vote Stork-butt

He has too many posts that read like incoherent babble. Lots of rambling, and acting confused, which is a stark contrast to his usual game.

19 hours ago, Verbal said:

Nah, I like Stark right now - I don't think he should be the lynch.

18 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Really? What have you seen in his game that makes you say that?

I'm listening.

18 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

unvote

Verbal looks good on this page, Spoot not so much. That's a pretty quick reversal

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

This reads like scum trying to fence sit with a little touch of OMGUS. I love how he is parroting CTM with how bad it was asking Leelou if he was confirmed. That scenario was a huge distraction, town has to clear up distraction and scum makes them. I need to look closer at Nolder because he actually made this distraction but Spooty went along with it. Spoot is scum, CTM very well may be scum. 

well it was bad fattness

Op said nothing about a confirmed townie

Nolder derps his way into kinda sorta clearing spoot in a very cryptic way

You ask mod to confirm??? It was pointless, there is no way you thought she was going to confirm or deny Nolders claim so why do it? Looks to me like it was all for show and people who do things for show in these games are people who are trying to hide something

3 minutes ago, CTM said:

well it was bad fattness

Op said nothing about a confirmed townie

Nolder derps his way into kinda sorta clearing spoot in a very cryptic way

You ask mod to confirm??? It was pointless, there is no way you thought she was going to confirm or deny Nolders claim so why do it? Looks to me like it was all for show and people who do things for show in these games are people who are trying to hide something

Asked the mod so the rest of the game would know the answer and we can move on.

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

Upon re read I feel best about verbal. 80 and Nolder in next group as likely town. Crusher to me most scummy. Stark and Spoot I'm getting mixed signals so I'll say neutral for now.

vote crusher

Yes, Nolder lying about a confirmed Townie screams town play.  Holy crap!

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, CTM said:

ya mr serious, i think most thought it was likely that nolderp was nolderping but why press the issue early on day 1 particularly when nolder wasn't cooperating and has significant meta of not being cooperative

I thought he was too at first. It doesn’t do any good for someone to “clear” a player on D1. That puts us at a disadvantage from the jump. 

15 minutes ago, CTM said:

So you didn't believe he had confirmed you as town and decided to inject more stupidity into the game to prove the guy confirming you as town was lying?

Another reason I wasn’t going to just let it go without at least trying to press it

11 hours ago, Nolder said:

Yeah I agree. I mean I think 80 is scummy and BSing anyway but if he wants to try to explain the pied pipering thing that would be nice.

Are you ever going to provide that case on 80 you mentioned, I believe 2 times or you give up on that 

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nolder fake claiming a town PR right out of the Gates is a ballsy move if Nolder is actually scum. I’m inclined to leave him be.

Spoot on the other hand deserves every bit of scrutiny as anyone else. His play has been all over the place.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

"The virgin.. he speaks the truth!"

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Asked the mod so the rest of the game would know the answer and we can move on.

everyone knew the answer the mod was going to give, including you. hence why it's curious that you even bothered and even more curious that you are acting like we shouldn't find it curious

you fat ****er

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1