Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

20 hours ago, Verbal said:

Re: Spoot:  he's playing careful, and it looks too careful.  Throwing shade, and then slightly altering his stance when nobody jumps on, and backtracking when needed so he can then pivot and go in another direction.  To me, it looks clearly like scum play.

Vote: Spoot

I don't disagree with this (nice to see you FINALLY join the game for real ?) but I am preeetttty set on the scum team being 80/Stark. If for some reason one of them flips town I'd be happy to take a second look at Spoot but for now I'm going to chalk it up to clueless townie syndrome.

19 hours ago, Stark said:

something else you have been saying since friday and have not made.

Thursday actually. And like I said then and more than once since, I was just too tired to continue and ONLY JUST NOW have I gotten any decent (see: more than 3 continuous hours) amount of sleep. In fact you may have noticed I kind of disappeared a day ago. I was too tired to even be present and joke around with you guys let alone be serious and try to play mafia even halfway decent. I was awake and not really doing anything. I was just kind of a zombie. So maybe after catching up on what I've missed I'll make my case on 80. Or maybe I'll be petty and not do it until after you've been lynched first just to make a point. 

I haven't decided yet but it's still on the table for now.

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Close, the weekend culminated with dinner at a Puerto Rican vegan restaurant and front of orchestra seating for the Riverdance. My favorite part was the flamenco / fire dance scene (linked below)

I loved every minute of it

Just got to hotel.

//fancyboy out 

That actually sounds good.

//fatsyboy out 

• Haha 1

Holy hell, I remember when this was a thing at DM.   

Do you also recall people replying to specific things you and like 6 others had said with bold, italics, and colors instead of just using the quote tags and then expecting you to figure out what was what?

Yeah no. I stopped reading posts like that and told anyone who tried to get me to do it to **** off. The very last time I did it, which was years ago, I believe it was one of Red's posts. She literally gave me a ******* headache with all the different colors and italics and sh*t and having to go back and forth trying to figure out who was saying what because it was such a nested conversation. I've had worse headaches before sure but I've never had such a bad headache from just reading a ******* forum and I vowed never to do that to myself again over and internet game of guess who.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only willing to vote CTM or Spoot today probably.  

But at the same time I don't have a firm town read on anyone.  Stark is probably the closest to that top town slot.  

That's scummy in and of itself imo. We're on D2 and 18 pages in, most of it actually being gameplay for once. And you don't have ANYONE as town? The **** have you been doing this whole time?

8 hours ago, CTM said:

I've been crazy busy, had company this weekend and now traveling for work. Will catch up tomorrow.

omg its liiike tomorrow and you havent caught up yet wtffff omg this is so scummy you said you would and you didnt and its tomorrow omggg

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. Nothing fine or normal about anything Lizzie has ever done in any game he ever played. Ever. 

I'm not defending him like for all time. I am just saying I thought he was fine in this one game.

Really? Just me? ok...

Yeah, teetering on doing a case on 80 because I said I would but it would more or less look like Spoots. He did a pretty good job although I might have phrased and framed it a bit differently. Idk I might do it we'll see. Does anyone besides 80 or Stark actually care if I do it?

48 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I don't remember. Let me reread and get back to you on that.

After rereading I remember now.

I didn't actually have a town read on you, I just pretended I did because you voted 80 whom I joke confirmed was scum.

It all just kind of flowed from there and I kept rolling with it lol.

1 hour ago, Nolder said:

I'm not going to speak for Crusher and I also think there is ample reason to lynch you but I would like to say that this is nothing new from me. It's kind of how I've always worked unless I am paying SUPER CLOSE ATTENTION and also taking detailed notes. If I'm not doing that, which is fairly rare even though I do tend to have better games when I do (go figure) I usually work on instinct and then try to justify that instinct. As you might expect sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong but I have learned that it is better to trust my instinct and be wrong than ignore it and be right. Just from a personal stand point. 'Cause, you know, if I do then I get mad at myself but I'm not as disappointed about being wrong as I am about being right and not acting on it. I'm sure others can relate to that. Anyway, bears sh*t in woods water is wet etc etc etc. None of this is new or interesting.

I appreciate the honesty and insight.  

On 1/23/2020 at 5:35 PM, Leelou said:

Final VC - 5 for Majority

80 (3)- Lizzie, Verb, Nol

JC (4) Spoot, Crusher, Stark, 80

Verb (2) - JC, CTM

Deadline: Thursday 5:30 PM ET

Nothing really to glean from this VC.  Spoot was on the JC train so that helps my cause to lynch him slightly.  But then so was Stark, who is my best town read.  

21 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Don't like this post. It's almost too easy. 80 may be the easiest day 1 lynch here, minus Verb if 80's playing. 

20 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yes, I get that. Kind of a WIFOM is a sense. But this EMO thing he's doing is weird. Just doesn't feel like scum 80. 

17 hours ago, The Crusher said:

No, you are both wrong. 

So do you no longer think I'm scum?  I know you said you were going to re-read and state your case on me.  

Who are your best bets for scum at this point?

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So do you no longer think I'm scum?  I know you said you were going to re-read and state your case on me.  

Who are your best bets for scum at this point?

First of all itS mafia not a confessional, I’m not always going to reveal how I actually feel about anything. It’s called game play. 

I still like Spoot for scum. But, Stark is making me nervous and CTM seems off. Read Starks assessment of players. Doesn’t seem right. 

• Post of the Week 1

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I think this is the current vote count?

How do we have 4/7 people who aren't voting someone?  

I don't know if that is correct. I did not cast a vote yesterday because i was hoping to see why nolder went MIA. he's back this morning and still working on some narrative building and using my words as his reason for playing situations the way he has/did. 

After reading him this morning he says you are scummy because you will only probably vote CTM or SPoot today, but he literally said in a post before that he has a scum team of "stark and 80"

Nolder lied about PR/Spoot he's never built the case on 80 that he said he would, yet he has 80 as scum with me. 

VOTE NOLDER

23 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

First of all itS mafia not a confessional, I’m not always going to reveal how I actually feel about anything. It’s called game play. 

I still like Spoot for scum. But, Stark is making me nervous and CTM seems off. Read Starks assessment of players. Doesn’t seem right. 

that was first thing in the morning yesterday.what doesn't seem right? 

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

That's fair from a general perspective.  But that doesn't seem to be how you've played in the past.  Usually you're not this cryptic.  It's been a while since we've played so I dunno.  I can't read you for sh*t almost ever.  

Spoot, Stark, CTM as your top 3 then?  That gives me enough to go on about your reads.

On 1/27/2020 at 11:16 AM, GATA said:

Vote Count

Spoot (2) - 80, Verb

Crusher (1) - CTM

80 (1)- Spoot

Not voting - Nol, Stark, Crush

4 to lynch

DEADLINE - Tuesday 4 pm ET

2 hours ago, Stark said:

I don't know if that is correct. I did not cast a vote yesterday because i was hoping to see why nolder went MIA. he's back this morning and still working on some narrative building and using my words as his reason for playing situations the way he has/did. 

After reading him this morning he says you are scummy because you will only probably vote CTM or SPoot today, but he literally said in a post before that he has a scum team of "stark and 80"

Nolder lied about PR/Spoot he's never built the case on 80 that he said he would, yet he has 80 as scum with me. 

VOTE NOLDER

Unofficial Vote Count

Spoot (2) - 80, Verb

Nolder (1) - Stark

Crusher (1) - CTM

80 (1)- Spoot

Not voting (2) - Nol, Crush

4 to lynch

DEADLINE - Tuesday 4 pm ET

• Upvote 2

On 1/27/2020 at 1:52 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Mostly because, as usual, I get nit picky flack just because I’m a high post count player.

There’s no actual good reason to call me scum. None. You’re just chasing ghosts.

Spoot putting in effort on page 16 a good look. 

Meh post. You are voting me because "he's pied pipering" which is dated meta started in Ape's first game what 7 years ago, but turn around and chastise Spoot for having no reason to vote you and chasing ghosts. 

image.jpeg.4868440636300f67758da9978581acb7.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2020 at 1:57 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

And? Can we not lynch scum on the weekend?

I was the only vote on CTM. There was 1 vote on you. So I moved to you to put you at L-2, since I like you for scum as well. Pretty simple.

Moreover, I thought Crusher would be voting CTM based on his comments on N1. He voted you instead. I’m not sold on Crusher being town but I at least wanted the 1 other person casing CTM to join me there to justify the vote.

I think it's fair to consolidate, but the bolded is bothering me. You are essentially saying that you voted me in anticipation of crusher voting me. I understand you clarified a bit in the next sentence but it sounds an awful lot like something scum would think about which townies they could get lynched,.

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2020 at 11:13 AM, Verbal said:

Re: Spoot:  he's playing careful, and it looks too careful.  Throwing shade, and then slightly altering his stance when nobody jumps on, and backtracking when needed so he can then pivot and go in another direction.  To me, it looks clearly like scum play.

Vote: Spoot

I was feeling spoot but page 16 felt like the hair brained little varmint was trying to figure it out

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

I'm not going to speak for Crusher and I also think there is ample reason to lynch you but I would like to say that this is nothing new from me. It's kind of how I've always worked unless I am paying SUPER CLOSE ATTENTION and also taking detailed notes. If I'm not doing that, which is fairly rare even though I do tend to have better games when I do (go figure) I usually work on instinct and then try to justify that instinct. As you might expect sometimes it's right and sometimes it's wrong but I have learned that it is better to trust my instinct and be wrong than ignore it and be right. Just from a personal stand point. 'Cause, you know, if I do then I get mad at myself but I'm not as disappointed about being wrong as I am about being right and not acting on it. I'm sure others can relate to that. Anyway, bears sh*t in woods water is wet etc etc etc. None of this is new or interesting.

confirmation bias is good mafia strategy.. jfc

• Haha 1

willing to vote: Nolder, 80 crusher..

Feel better about spoot, still good on verbal, stark ok too

We are 2 hours from deadline, i will be in and out of meetings. 

vote 80

80's play has been the most questionable of late whereas day 1 I thought he was townish

Just now, Nolder said:

I'm aware of the risks. I take it into account as much as possible. GFY.

I mean it's good practice for playing as scum i suppose, or maybe you are scum and thus need to approach it in this build a case on a conclusion I already made approach