Monster Mash Mafia - Game Thread

Leelou

4 hours ago, Stark said:

I don't know if that is correct. I did not cast a vote yesterday because i was hoping to see why nolder went MIA. he's back this morning and still working on some narrative building and using my words as his reason for playing situations the way he has/did. 

After reading him this morning he says you are scummy because you will only probably vote CTM or SPoot today, but he literally said in a post before that he has a scum team of "stark and 80"

Nolder lied about PR/Spoot he's never built the case on 80 that he said he would, yet he has 80 as scum with me. 

VOTE NOLDER

Is this the second or third time you've lied about something I've said? 

Go ahead and quote where I said that.

3 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Which do you think is more likely?

no clue tbh, i just don't think it's a good strategy

proper strategy is one of a scientist. you go back trying to disprove your ingrained belief. Thats is the foundation of rationality

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTM said:

proper strategy is one of a scientist. you go back trying to disprove your ingrained belief. Thats is the foundation of rationality

And an ideal game is among strangers. Yet here we are.

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nothing really to glean from this VC.  Spoot was on the JC train so that helps my cause to lynch him slightly.  But then so was Stark, who is my best town read.   

^^confirmation bias

gross

You and Crusher were also on that train.

11 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Is this the second or third time you've lied about something I've said? 

Go ahead and quote where I said that.

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only willing to vote CTM or Spoot today probably.  

But at the same time I don't have a firm town read on anyone.  Stark is probably the closest to that top town slot.  

6 hours ago, Nolder said:

That's scummy in and of itself imo. We're on D2 and 18 pages in, most of it actually being gameplay for once. And you don't have ANYONE as town? The **** have you been doing this whole time?

quoted.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

^^confirmation bias

gross

You and Crusher were also on that train.

yes, they both were and I voted JC as deadline approached. I am pretty sure you did as well. The EOD votes really don't mean much IMO on that vote.

Now the EOD you had Nolder fumble the ending and CTM came in later doing a whole "oh my Im so sorry" routine too. 

38 minutes ago, CTM said:

I think it's fair to consolidate, but the bolded is bothering me. You are essentially saying that you voted me in anticipation of crusher voting me. I understand you clarified a bit in the next sentence but it sounds an awful lot like something scum would think about which townies they could get lynched,.

When a prosecutor thinks he has his guy with the evidence at hand, and the defendant pleads not guilty, he goes hard after him, using whatever resources and arguments he has available.  Even if the prosecutor's intentions are good, he may (by accident or not) create a narrative about the defendant to convince the jury he's the guy.  Many an innocent accused have been sent to prison because of this.  And in this case of course you might well be innocent.

For me to get you lynched, I'd need support.  So even if I think you're scum, it's useless to be the lone voter.  Sure, I could create a strong case against you.  But I don't have one.  We don't have a lot of content from you.  My thinking on you is based more on feel/instinct and a wariness of your ability to take over a game when scum.  

4 hours ago, Stark said:

After reading him this morning he says you are scummy because you will only probably vote CTM or SPoot today, but he literally said in a post before that he has a scum team of "stark and 80"

He actually didn't say this. I feel like you are willingly misinterpreting things in order to help your case.

I expect Town Stark to be more thorough.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

He actually didn't say this. I feel like you are willingly misinterpreting things in order to help your case.

I expect Town Stark to be more thorough.

look up 3 posts... Nolder has had the game "solved" since i voted him. Me and 80 are scum. he won't give a reason on 80, has avoided it since friday. then he commented the above calling it scummy.

13 minutes ago, CTM said:

This is kind of the mindset I had when I did my re-read on page 16. I did my best to forget my current feelings on the game and look at everything with fresh eyes.

26 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Am I seriously the only person who wants to lynch this guy? Wtf

See and this is why I don't have any real firm town reads.  Either there's not enough content from some OR there are scummy moments that give me pause.  

Why should I be forcing players onto my town list?

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

See and this is why I don't have any real firm town reads.  Either there's not enough content from some OR there are scummy moments that give me pause.  

Why should I be forcing players onto my town list?

Process of elimination.

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

yes, they both were and I voted JC as deadline approached. I am pretty sure you did as well. The EOD votes really don't mean much IMO on that vote.

I actually thought JC was a good bet for scum. He was inactive, and the highlight of his play was a double vote on Verb.

Really seemed out of place with him.

13 minutes ago, Stark said:

Now the EOD you had Nolder fumble the ending and CTM came in later doing a whole "oh my Im so sorry" routine too. 

That's something I have in the back of my mind. For now, though, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they were genuine.

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

When a prosecutor thinks he has his guy with the evidence at hand, and the defendant pleads not guilty, he goes hard after him, using whatever resources and arguments he has available.  Even if the prosecutor's intentions are good, he may (by accident or not) create a narrative about the defendant to convince the jury he's the guy.  Many an innocent accused have been sent to prison because of this.  And in this case of course you might well be innocent.

For me to get you lynched, I'd need support.  So even if I think you're scum, it's useless to be the lone voter.  Sure, I could create a strong case against you.  But I don't have one.  We don't have a lot of content from you.  My thinking on you is based more on feel/instinct and a wariness of your ability to take over a game when scum.  

Pussy

vote ctm

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

You're omitting the part that Nolder bolded.

i quoted both statements that applied. fair enough that i didn't go BOLD that part of the text from 80 but nolder clearly avoided acknowledging the part where 80 said the closest to town is stark. like that wasn't even there. 

if I am the only one that seems to have a problem with the way nolder has played the game so far then I guess that's on me. I don't need to recap the whole situation as it has been posted about plenty.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Can you actually point to a few examples of CTM "pied pipering" or is it just a feeling in your balls?

Because if you actually try attempt to build a case, and are lynched anyway, Town will at least have that to look at and consider.

IMO, you should be at least trying, which you don't appear to be.

13 minutes ago, Stark said:

look up 3 posts... Nolder has had the game "solved" since i voted him. Me and 80 are scum. he won't give a reason on 80, has avoided it since friday. then he commented the above calling it scummy.

Wow, you are really twisting things here.