XFL Rules

Sorry if this has been covered. Not sure how others feel about this venture but I'm looking forward to it. The NFL has lost some of the excitement that made it so great, if we can adapt some of these rules to the NFL it would be awesome.

- kickoffs, only kicker and receiver can move until the ball is caught. (Players line up 5 yards apart to prevent high speed collisions)

- 2 forward passes allowed as long as both are behind the LoS

- XPs have 3 different options. 1 point from 2 yards out, 2 points from 5 yards out, and 3 points from 10 yards out

- If a punt goes into the endzone it gets placed at the 35. If you kick the ball out of bounds it goes to the 35. Players can not run down field until the kick is in the air which should prevent fair catches.

- Overtime is set up like penalty kicks in soccer, shootout style from the 5 yard line. Each team gets 5 chances to convert the score, if it's tie after 5 then it's single rounds until one team doesn't score

• Upvote 1

I'm looking forward to this. Seems like some of these rules will make for some crazy/ exciting plays. Probably a lot of high scoring games. Should be entertaining.  I'm just happy to get some football in february - may.  

If I was Vince McMahon I would try to sign someone like Trevor Lawrence. Give him a boat load of cash to sign with the xfl instead of staying at college for another year. Then they would have some staying power. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

O actially think these rules look pretty fun. And with the NFL already approaching a.more basketball feel.in terms of scoring with no defense .... The time is right for a league like this to succeed. It might even inspire some good changes.in the NFL.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

This is going to be a much different story than the AAF. It seems like there will be fast, exciting play and not a complete joke like the first time around. Can’t wait to see the first games. 

I actually liked a lot of what I saw in the AAF, the issue was viewership. You need some big time marketing power and player people want to watch. I have my fingers crossed, I'd love to see this league succeed.

• Upvote 3

I actually really love these rules. They’re not mindless just for shock value entertainment. 

They enhance special teams in all phases. My only gripe is the XP choices. While I like the choices, I just assume every team would go for 3 from the 10 every time. It should have been 1 point from the 2...2 points from the 15...3 points from the 30.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Not sure how others feel about this venture

More Football > Less Football.

Lets just hope the product doesn't suck the way the last one (already forgot it's name) did.

Legit football othen the the NFL is something I'd like to see.

And with no pre-built NY loyalty in this league, I can root for my home team, also good:

dc-defenders-logo-xfl.jpg?fit=1200,600&s

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

More Football > Less Football.

Lets just hope the product doesn't suck the way the last one (already forgot it's name) did.

Legit football othen the the NFL is something I'd like to see.

And with no pre-built NY loyalty in this league, I can root for my home team, also good:

dc-defenders-logo-xfl.jpg?fit=1200,600&s

I’m down !!!!! Where they playing home games?