Sam Darnold High School Highlights

28 minutes ago, CurtMart said:

Wow didn’t realize he had a ‘beast mode’ in high school. Was he really that fast or were the HS kids slow af?

He also broke a LOT of tackles and had some runner vision in these highlights. Impressive. I do think he was just bigger, faster and better than most the kids on the field though lol.

That video shows how athletic he is. We already knew he could run. However, I'm happy for the way he's approaching the game in the pros? He's not the biggest fish in the pond in the NFL. He's just one big guy of MANY. We also already know Sammy can develop into an excellent pocket passer as time goes on. He's already the best pocket passer in his class or at least tied with Mayfield and Jackson. So him having running talent is something nice to have in his pocket, but his career can still develop into so much more.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

It makes it more curious that Sam basically didn’t run at all last year, even when he had clear cut chances to scramble for a first down.

I think he was under instruction not to run with the mono risks. I hope he uses his legs more next year.

Orr more likely Gase is trying to turn him into Peyton.  

Gase wants him in the pocket and taking away one of his best assets.  Sad really. 

• Upvote 2

I think it’s obvious that I love Darnold and his potential.

I DO however fear that we are asking him to think too much out there. I think he’s good at that, but... I think he has the potential to be the best QB in the NFL if we build an offense that just lets him play through his instincts. He’s the most accurate on the move thrower I’ve ever seen, we HAVE to be able to maximize that skill.

Just to clarify though, I don’t want him running the ball like in this video. Just have him play free. 

4 hours ago, CurtMart said:

Wow didn’t realize he had a ‘beast mode’ in high school. Was he really that fast or were the HS kids slow af?

HS kids slow af.   All of our Non athletic asses played or could have played high school football.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

It makes it more curious that Sam basically didn’t run at all last year, even when he had clear cut chances to scramble for a first down.

I think he was under instruction not to run with the mono risks. I hope he uses his legs more next year.

I have been saying this all season. Why haven't we seen more RPO's, Sam would be lethal off a play action.

I think they deliberately told Sam not to run once he got Mono. I don't think they wanted to open him up to heavy hits.

That, or Gase blows

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I have been saying this all season. Why haven't we seen more RPO's, Sam would be lethal off a play action.

I think they deliberately told Sam not to run once he got Mono. I don't think they wanted to open him up to heavy hits.

That, or Gase blows

Well, there was the risk of an exploding spleen, a toe nail that was ripped off the big toe, and apparently some type of ligament damage in the thumb. But yeah, let him be Fran Tarkenton out there

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Huh? that’s actually one of the most practical things I’ve read on this board. Very well may be the case. Good call! 

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

This + the people he’s outrunning in high school are kids in high school, and he’s a young future NFL starter. 

2 hours ago, nico002 said:

I think it’s obvious that I love Darnold and his potential.

I DO however fear that we are asking him to think too much out there. I think he’s good at that, but... I think he has the potential to be the best QB in the NFL if we build an offense that just lets him play through his instincts. He’s the most accurate on the move thrower I’ve ever seen, we HAVE to be able to maximize that skill.

Just to clarify though, I don’t want him running the ball like in this video. Just have him play free. 

Yeah I love Darnold as much as anyone, but the kid can’t hold Mahomes jock while throwing on the run.

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

That, or Gase blows

Told not to run, I think that’s been in his mind. Let’s see what Douglas can do to build him a line. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I don’t believe it. Maybe can’t hold his jock in a ton of other aspects but I haven’t seen many at ALL better throwing on the run.

Also if you gave darnold Kelse, hill and those rbs, maybe his stats would be nicer.  But in fairness mahomes is the best young qb in the nfl and if he wins the super bowl, he’ll be considered the best qb in the league period if he isn’t already.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Also if you gave darnold Kelse, hill and those rbs, maybe his stats would be nicer.  But in fairness mahomes is the best young qb in the nfl and if he wins the super bowl, he’ll be considered the best qb in the league period if he isn’t already.

I agree. Mahomes is absolutely amazing and i’ll gladly jump the gun and say he’s projecting a hall of fame career right now. 

Darnold on the run... ain’t nobody better right now except maybe a younger Rodgers.

23 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Told not to run, I think that’s been in his mind. Let’s see what Douglas can do to build him a line. 

Tannehills rushing stats dropped once the boy wonder got his claws into him.

Gase;s one bit of success was with a 38 year old HOF QB qho was the definition of a pocket passer, thus all QBs should be that way.

Lamar jackson and russel wilson would be told not to run under our offense as well.