Jump to content
Philc1

If Ryan Tannehill wins today...

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You mean, if Derrick Henry wins today, right?

 

975DE841-777A-4930-A537-470430FBBAF4.jpeg

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So wait, you decided to participate in the other thread and then create this new thread? Because, it was kind of a new idea that registered in your head?

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Does it make Gase look smart?

Only if this cuts both ways.  If he throws for under 100 (again) and they lose, I’m hard pressed to believe you acknowledge it...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

... then Jets fans should find a way to make it about themselves and/or the Jets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan Tannehill played in less than half the games Gase coached him in Miami because of injury. In the games he did, Tannehill played well. This is just bad timing for Gase, the optics make it so easy to criticize Gase and I am not necessarily a huge fan of him 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whatever tannehill does today is meaningless as it applies to gase.  he was injured for at least half of the time gase was there and when he did play, he played pretty well.  and gase didn't release him from miami.  that's all on the current hc and gm.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

So wait, you decided to participate in the other thread and then create this new thread? Because, it was kind of a new idea that registered in your head?

Lol Red Sox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spotlight on Jets' coach: Let's play a game of hypotheticals: Sam Darnold injures a knee and misses the entire 2020 season. He returns in 2021, plays only 11 games due to an injury to his throwing shoulder and posts middling numbers. He gets traded in 2022, comes off the bench after a few games and leads his new team to the conference championship game.

Would you blame Adam Gase for holding him back in New York, or would you commend Darnold for capitalizing on a second chance? Any objective observer would say the latter.

That's food for thought on Championship Sunday. Just substitute Ryan Tannehill for Darnold.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Copernicus said:

Ryan Tannehill played in less than half the games Gase coached him in Miami.

Maybe that’s because Gase benched him while healthy for no reason in the middle of the 2018 season while the dolphins still had a shot at the playoffs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Only if this cuts both ways.  If he throws for under 100 (again) and they lose, I’m hard pressed to believe you acknowledge it...

Remind me how many playoff games Gase has won in 4 years as a head coach

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

whatever tannehill does today is meaningless as it applies to gase.  he was injured for at least half of the time gase was there and when he did play, he played pretty well.  and gase didn't release him from miami.  that's all on the current hc and gm.

Hush with this as it contradicts the narrative.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

Remind me how many playoff games Gase has won in 4 years as a head coach

Keep moving the goal posts and repeating yourself!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

CE17AD02-7A33-4406-8A57-7DCFAD2CB02B.jpeg

I am not saying I believe or do not believe this statement, but I would be very interested to hear what is/was so toxic about Gase's system.

So far all I can tell about the way he runs his team is he's a bit of a hard ass and holds players highly accountable for their actions.  I personally don't believe that is a bad thing, but I can certainly see how it rubs certain players the wrong way 

That can't simply be it though.  There has to be something deeper that bothers some of these Dolphins players, and I'd love to hear what it really is because some of it on the surface just seems like sour grapes from ex players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Does it make Gase look smart?

If Tannehill wins today we should fire Gase immediately that is all.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I am not saying I believe or do not believe this statement, but I would be very interested to hear what is/was so toxic about Gase's system.

So far all I can tell about the way he runs his team is he's a bit of a hard ass and holds players highly accountable for their actions.  I personally don't believe that is a bad thing, but I can certainly see how it rubs certain players the wrong way 

That can't simply be it though.  There has to be something deeper that bothers some of these Dolphins players, and I'd love to hear what it really is because some of it on the surface just seems like sour grapes from ex players

Wallace wasn’t even there with Gase. He was there 2 years before with Philbin. It’s the organization. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would Mariota back up Sam? Or just cause controversy? I like the kid. (Marcus)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Wallace wasn’t even there with Gase. He was there 2 years before with Philbin. It’s the organization. 

I was just coming back to acknowledge that in my original post.  I read through the replies after the fact and Wallace actually corrects a fan assuming it's about Gase.

There have been similar sentiments though from more recent players though (OL who just went to Denver this past off-season, name escapes me).  But then you see guys like Jenkins who seem legitimately bought in to the system 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I am not saying I believe or do not believe this statement, but I would be very interested to hear what is/was so toxic about Gase's system.

So far all I can tell about the way he runs his team is he's a bit of a hard ass and holds players highly accountable for their actions.  I personally don't believe that is a bad thing, but I can certainly see how it rubs certain players the wrong way 

That can't simply be it though.  There has to be something deeper that bothers some of these Dolphins players, and I'd love to hear what it really is because some of it on the surface just seems like sour grapes from ex players

There is often a pendulum swing in coaching hires, that swings back and forth in each hire.

One only needs to look at what the Dolphins regime was under Joe Philbin (the predecessor to Gase) in Miami. Under Philbin the Dolphins endured the Richie Incognito bullying drama. Philbin was thought of to be soft spoken without a strong presence.

You can be sure that there was not a strong Head Coaching leadership in the locker room. There was not a sense of accountability.

This is what Gase walked into. It probably hurt some football players feelings, as that is not the manner that they viewed the NFL. That can be a sharp slap in the face to some.

Not too indifferent than what Gase seemed to walk into with the Jets. An entitled locker room that did not put an emphasis on accountability and discipline.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isnt part of the reason Gase got fired from Miami is because he wanted to stick with Tannehill instead of getting a new QB in 2017 when he was hurt?

 That's why they didn't draft a QB and signed Cutler (which wasn't a great decision) but Gase didnt want another QB. He wanted Tannehill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does he throw for 72 yards, 88 yards...or somewhere in between?

What’s his playoff average....80?

Or do you include the playoff game he played under Gase in Miami?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Does it make Gase look smart?

You mean, if he actually throws for 100 yards in a playoff game with Tenn?

One playoff game, 1st game off a knee injury he was 29 of 36-289 yards. This year, 150 yards. Two game total. Hes riding this teams success

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is not winning so no worries.

KC is going to blow Tenn out of the water.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

You mean, if Derrick Henry wins today, right?

Did Derek Henry throw those first 2 TD's last week ? Just askin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How stupid are the Titans for allowing Tannehill to sit while the QB they coached up Mariotta almost played them out of contention?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Did Derek Henry throw those first 2 TD's last week ? Just askin

Oh smush..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I guarantee" Mahomes wins this game today.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RJIII said:

"I guarantee" Mahomes wins this game today.

So Kelce and Hill can sit out a take a break ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...