If Ryan Tannehill wins today...

Philc1

3 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Spotlight on Jets' coach: Let's play a game of hypotheticals: Sam Darnold injures a knee and misses the entire 2020 season. He returns in 2021, plays only 11 games due to an injury to his throwing shoulder and posts middling numbers. He gets traded in 2022, comes off the bench after a few games and leads his new team to the conference championship game.

Would you blame Adam Gase for holding him back in New York, or would you commend Darnold for capitalizing on a second chance? Any objective observer would say the latter.

That's food for thought on Championship Sunday. Just substitute Ryan Tannehill for Darnold.

If they don’t build a better OLine, that’s exactly what’ll happen, unfortunately.

Tannehill while healthy and under the tutelage of Gase had decent stats.

go to football reference and see for yourself. The site even lets you compare stats vs other QBS. Here’s one I did for 2016 and you’ll notice that they are decent in comparison to some of the top QBS.

http://pfref.com/tiny/AFwXZ

He’s ok and I’m sure Gase did help him become the QB that he is. But he’s just meh.

Sam has more upside IMHO

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He is not winning so no worries.

KC is going to blow Tenn out of the water.

I'm not sure about blowing them out of the water, but I think the Chiefs will win by 10. The game is at Arrrowhead and the Chiefs offense looks like a well oiled machine, and I respect Mahomes more as a quarterback in the playoffs than I do Lamar Jackson. I don't see the Titans offense being able to match the Chiefs offense. Look for the score to be something like Chiefs 34 Titans 23.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I am not saying I believe or do not believe this statement, but I would be very interested to hear what is/was so toxic about Gase's system.

So far all I can tell about the way he runs his team is he's a bit of a hard ass and holds players highly accountable for their actions.  I personally don't believe that is a bad thing, but I can certainly see how it rubs certain players the wrong way 

That can't simply be it though.  There has to be something deeper that bothers some of these Dolphins players, and I'd love to hear what it really is because some of it on the surface just seems like sour grapes from ex players

Are you serious?

What it is is...he doesn't give his team a chance to win. Basic coaching ability is lacking. Doesn't use the team obvious strengths..

R u serious with this post? I mean did you watch any of the jets games? Terrible gameplan. No scoring. Just pathetic. The player in miami had enough.

Going further... accountable? Who was accountable? Certainly not the coach who out up garbage off week in and out all year long. 

Get the hell out of here with this stuff man.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Are you serious?

What it is is...he doesn't give his team a chance to win. Basic coaching ability is lacking. Doesn't use the team obvious strengths..

R u serious with this post? I mean did you watch any of the jets games? Terrible gameplan. No scoring. Just pathetic. The player in miami had enough.

Going further... accountable? Who was accountable? Certainly not the coach who out up garbage off week in and out all year long. 

Get the hell out of here with this stuff man.

I don't read your posts.  I'm sure this one was good though.

• Upvote 2

It won’t make him look good that’s for sure. However,

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Vrabel and his staff are pushing all the right buttons throughout this playoff run. Gase should be taking notes to get the Jets on the Titans level. He already has Greg Williams on staff.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

How many playoff games Tannehill win with Gase?

Dumbest argument ever. Im not even a Gase guy but its a team sport. Tannehill hasnt done anything. So Schottenheiemer and Sanchez are a dynamic duo for winning 4 playoff games? So stupid. Grow up

• Sympathy 1